Is Perisno at a stage where a PoP fan can jump right in and have a blast?

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I beat my first PoP game, currently working on my second game now (trying a woman+helping the usurper to Sarleon to the throne); I read that some/most/all of the PoP producers are working on this sweet mod, Perisno! I loaded it up, but it seems very rough around the edges.
Is it worth investing my time in at this point in development, or should I wait? Is there a lot to do, a lot to see (I know they're adding more as we speak) and a 'full game' like Pendor was, or is it still what amounts to an alpha?

Thanks!

igotsmeakabob11 said:
I beat my first PoP game, currently working on my second game now (trying a woman+helping the usurper to Sarleon to the throne); I read that some/most/all of the PoP producers are working on this sweet mod, Perisno! I loaded it up, but it seems very rough around the edges.
Is it worth investing my time in at this point in development, or should I wait? Is there a lot to do, a lot to see (I know they're adding more as we speak) and a 'full game' like Pendor was, or is it still what amounts to an alpha?

Thanks!
None of the PoP developers are working on Perisno/have anything to do with Perisno, so I honestly have no idea where you got that idea from :razz: 
Perisno is going to a different direction than PoP, and while it is not as polished, it is still a lot of fun and worth playing. However, it should be considered still a beta until version 1.0 is officially released.

YES! is the answer.
Although it isn't as polished or as large in the variety of PoP 3.6 (im still hoping begging for a Knighthood Order to be implemented), Perisno is damn fun.
For 0.7 (realeasing this year), they are introducing LOADS of things that PoP didn't have. I have played both, and i do think that PoP is a better, fuller game...but only because it was nearly in its 4th stage of expansion - here it is still before 1.0 ofc.
1) the PoP map is the best map i've ever played. Perisno is the 2nd.
2) Perisno doesn't have knighthood Orders or something of that sort.
THose are my main two problems with this mod, and they aren't big.
The devs are brilliant, always updating every week and constantly asking fan opinions.
They are constantly adding new stuff to their agenda and if you look at http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,294831.0.html , youll see everything they plan for 0.7.

Joshua Ryde said:
1) the PoP map is the best map i've ever played. Perisno is the 2nd.
Makes me sad. :sad:
fe3nkl.png
39G3q.png
TUokH.jpg
g213.jpg

To the OP:
Comparing PoP and Perisno is stupid. We are two different development teams, making two different mods. We in the Perisno team are not trying to copy PoP, we are merely making another total conversion mod set in a non-historical universe. The fact the PoP is our only competition, and came earlier, does not make Perisno a Pendor copy, but a mod at an earlier stage, where unique features have not had time to be implemented yet. Perisno 0.7 will have sprinting. Pendor has Knighthood orders. Perisno will have a very unique backstory, if I have the time. (preview from my own mod here) Pendor has the Noldor castle, and corresponding features associated with it, such as quails gems.
Happy? Now never ask for a comparison again, it pisses me off.

as i always say "If it starts with ""P"" it must be the same".

on topic now: comparing the 2 mods is mostly useless to be honest, i played PoP untill i got bored of it (aka when i could recruit noldors, on multiple playthroughs).
game was fun, annoying at start, the kighthood sistem was cool and all but took too much time, like upgrade 1 armor? sure wait 50 days, get a club wait another 50 days, the whole thing was cool, new, but the time it took was just too much imo.

i took me less time to conquer a few cities than upgrading 1 item for my knighthood order.

Perisno is very different o.o

from the lore to the factions and troops, unique spawns and quests o.o
still has a long way to go, but for me it is more enjoyable than PoP.

the most notable moment in PoP for me was when i entered a tavern and  a bard sang me a song about  A Ruthless bandit that killed left and right, and one day Alex the Seeker killed him without even knowing who he was. (or something along those lines).

in Perisno? 1shoted by a drahara assasin while charging in heavy armor.
getting run down by a dragon.
almost naked amazons with 2h swords chopping down my recruits and me.
or be made into a porcupine by some BlueBloods Rangers.

i suppose it mostly depends on personal preferrences, i`m biased here since i enjoy Perisno the most out of all the mods i played.

Dark Robin. My intention was never to compare the 2 mods in the way i think you have interpreted my comments.
For someone seeking an answer to their question, it was impossible to NOT compare them, otherwise they would not have been asnwered properly.
As i have said (and on many other posts), i know this is a different mod. My comment of "1) the PoP map is the best map i've ever played. Perisno is the 2nd." was just my opinion AND i did clearly mention that ALL of my opinions were mainly biased due to the fact that PoP was further ahead.
As i have put in another post this morning where i suggested introducing PoP-related content, they are different mods but PoP was successful and a good mod.
Im not saying you are copying it or you should copy it, but that person who asked the original question clearly needed an asnwer in relation to PoP considering how they thought it was a continuation of the same mod.
I did not mean to insult or insinuate anything bad at all.
My apologies.
also, what are those map pictures about?

Joshua Ryde said:
Dark Robin. My intention was never to compare the 2 mods in the way i think you have interpreted my comments.
That wasn't directed to you, but to the OP's idiot question.
igotsmeakabob11 said:

Thanks!

You did nothing wrong.

Good job totally misreading the OP's question and blowing it out of proportion.

Warms the heart.

It's not necessary totally the OP's fault, just that epitomized the constant annoying comparisons of Perisno and Pendor.

Also, Malanthor, those images are taken from four different mods, only one of which is mine. :wink:

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,274045.0.html Check page 5 of the thread. It's dead though, unfortunately. :sad:

The Dark Robin said:
Joshua Ryde said:
That wasn't directed to you, but to the OP's idiot question.
igotsmeakabob11 said:

Thanks!

You did nothing wrong.

Wow, I- uh... I didn't think I was comparing the two mods- I was misinformed about the connection between the two, but I was only asking if someone that enjoyed PoP would enjoy Perisno in its current stage... sort of like someone saying 'I like mexican food, would you recommend I try spanish food?'
I didn't say one was better than the other or intend to offend.

well why no try and see for yourself.

i like RTS games, doesn`t mean i like them all, dl the mod and give it a shot o.o ain`t like you are paying money for it o.o

The Dark Robin said:
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,274045.0.html Check page 5 of the thread. It's dead though, unfortunately. :sad:

I have take a look, it was awesome  :shock:

So sad it is dead now...

Final answer:

PoP and Perisno are different mod, made by different teams.

You can always download the mod and try for your self before deciding on committing to it. You can also check out the various posts and threads here for what it has to offer, as well as known bugs to avoid before hand. So far, you can find certain things to do in Perisno that's not related to conquest and kingdom management like the various quests, places and such. And we planned on adding more stuffs even so that you can play this as both RTS and RPG.

If you have questions, suggestions or anything else, please don't hesitate to post in the Q&A and Discussion thread

This thread is locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom