Server-side mod request/suggestion

Users who are viewing this thread

Kookee2k2

Recruit
Most NW servers run at the 200 person cap.
And those servers are ran with full line battle
And in those line battles we have Calvary running around, artillery shooting about, infantry fireing their muskets, reloading them and then eventually using them to stab people, allowing people to surrender, or 'kick' and/or punch in melee......
etc etc....

I'd like to say that I'm an expert on bandwidth, but I will say that I know ALOT about it.
how much bandwidth can we save if we turn around and limit a person connecting to just spawning and being allowed to just walk/run and crouch?

My idea here is that: we have many communities (Alike the North American Prussian Army) where we have ALOT more members than what we can host on a 200 person limit server. It's whole-heartly one of the reasons why I believe that I think in my community, we, can't band and plan together

sure, we all have the same mentality; meaning that we're all our own individual, and we all have fun in our own ways. BUT, in this system we really can't have a whole community to just 'sit down and let the officers explain to the non-officers about "the next big thing" in a briefing

Limit everything that a player can do, aside from walking/running and crouching with a single server side command, and then if thats enabled, allow for 400 people. strictly for regiments/batallions/communities to discuss the next line battle.

Am I the only one whom ca imagine what the possibilities that this simple idea can bring?

To me: I'd like to see that the North American Prussian Army declaring war on another 'just as big' community
and IF the players are by far 'too many' to host on a 200-person server, than 'what the heck' let's have a multi-server involved play? But before then, let's get everyone together (for the majority of the part (not "the most part")) to sit down together and discuss what the hell we'll implement the whole thing.

right now, it's my community verses itself.
I'm striken to the fact that we can't duke it out to another community.

My idea here is to allow a community to have their community in one place, and to allow their commanders to speak to one-another infront of their troops, disclosing how to combat another communities' regiment.

This just does not happen.

I'd like my community to be more competitive in the end-run.
I know it's a hard thing to ask for, but I literally believe in the PA. 
with that being said, thus far I HAVE noticed that each member of our army is just as loyal, playful, honest and dedicated to any other member no matter the regiment.

The only different thus far that I have noticed with each regiment in the NAPA is the commands issued and how they are implemented.

but they only differ slightly.

The issue is the problem is mainly not the bandiwdth.
The game is not optimized for more than 200 players, if you go over this amount, the server itself will lagg (not FPS lagg neither bandwidth lagg: server lagg). In order to solve this issue, you need to remake from scratch the Warband engine.

Since it's hardcoded, there is no wqy to do it.

Warband initially only had a limit of 64 players, so the fact that we even have 200 slots as standard these days should not be taken for granted. As Ra'jiska stated though, anything over 200 slots results in server-sided latency and instability. This issue isn't as prominent in native, however although Napoleonic Wars is a great addition to the game, it is horrendously optimized and exacerbates the issue greatly (with a guaranteed crash at around 240ish in NW). It's not an issue of hardware, bandwidth or any of that nonsense. It's that quite simply the engine cannot handle it. It should also be noted that you wouldn't be able to even get above 256 without rebuilding the game engine. :smile:

Back
Top Bottom