SUGGESTION: Great Allting!

Users who are viewing this thread

Aeriek

Regular
I am proposing a suggestion, and that is Allting! Now, what is an allting? It's when all free men gather to discuss important topics and to vote. We Jomsvikingar has been holding Tings each week to discuss about things that is of concern, like trainings, discipline, battles, and other fun things. So now, i'm coming with a suggestion to gather the whole vikingr community into a giant Allting! Maybe it could be held once a year. And now you wonder, how will this be made? I'm quite sure that the Jomsborg server could serve good. A special map could be made. All clans and individuals would gather together, discuss about the future of vikingr, events, other things, and so on. This would be a fun roleplaying experience. Now, what do you guys think? How would we communicate and how will it be done? Maybe something like this: A speaker talks, welcomes everyone. Before the ting, people should have sent in topics which would be discussed. The most important topics available will be discussed first. The speaker talks about the topic, then people would be able to discuss this with eachother, then they will be voting on what they think, depending on how the topic is. You get the idea.

While the idea of a roleplaying event is intriguing, I think discussing obviously out of character things like "the future of Víkingr" would kill the immersion rather quickly. :razz:

Because it would be awesome. Imagine that, for yourself, maybe 150 people, and a big stone, and a guy talking on that stone, and everyone around it and stuff, it'd be cool! And, we'd also be able to throughoutly discuss important matters! And people could have new awesome ideas, and stuff! AND STUFF!

hrotha said:
While the idea of a roleplaying event is intriguing, I think discussing obviously out of character things like "the future of Víkingr" would kill the immersion rather quickly. :razz:

Ok, not the future of vikingr, but viking stuff!

wouldn't basically everyone babble at the same time? You'd have to go to the log every five seconds and read five pages in that time before refreshing the log. :razz:

Aeriek said:
Because it would be awesome. Imagine that, for yourself, maybe 150 people, and a big stone, and a guy talking on that stone, and everyone around it and stuff, it'd be cool! And, we'd also be able to throughoutly discuss important matters! And people could have new awesome ideas, and stuff! AND STUFF!

No, just no. The idea is very interesting but executing it would be whole different story.

You would be able to speak if holding the pillow...I mean stand on the big rock. So basically 40 people would just kill each other and then the last man overcoming his wounds, gathering all the strength he has left would climb up the stone rise up his bloody weapon and shout, should as loud as he can so that the silent field covered in his fallen mates and enemies would hear his mighty words, he would shout "Penis!" because that's how internet works. Nothing good comes out of an idea to gather huge number of people armed with deadly weapons to argue on the matters they have different opinions about.

heh gives me ideas about how cool scenario events could be... ex. the two teams are two groups that are going to conduct diplomacy. **** goes bad and a fight breaks out (then the small battle happens with a certain time limit, then the next round will be a reaction battle to the incident.) i don't know this game could make some interesting scenarios if people were interested.

Sounds interesting but don't think it is possible because it will turn to a crazy chat spam.

In other hand the idea is nice, but I would prefer a real vikingr community meeting where tons of beer will be consumed among the discussions. :grin:

Well, as I did understand on our Ting,when we spoke about it, that this idea is for Clans only. And that we make some rules of course, something like if someone wants to speak, that he shall stap forward. And I think that the clans are disciplined enough to do not fight eachother. Atleast in my opinion.

RagnarGerman said:
Well, as I did understand on our Ting,when we spoke about it, that this idea is for Clans only. And that we make some rules of course, something like if someone wants to speak, that he shall stap forward. And I think that the clans are disciplined enough to do not fight eachother. Atleast in my opinion.

Really? That's not the impression we were given when watching the Jomsborg Ting video.  :razz:

Frederickson said:
heh gives me ideas about how cool scenario events could be... ex. the two teams are two groups that are going to conduct diplomacy. **** goes bad and a fight breaks out (then the small battle happens with a certain time limit, then the next round will be a reaction battle to the incident.) i don't know this game could make some interesting scenarios if people were interested.

During one event we did have two leaders discuss things in chat ending it with insults and a battle afterwards.

STARik said:
Frederickson said:

During one event we did have two leaders discuss things in chat ending it with insults and a battle afterwards.

do want.

irondeath said:
In other hand the idea is nice, but I would prefer a real vikingr community meeting where tons of beer will be consumed among the discussions. :grin:

This, or easier just a TeamSpeak gathering again. Those were fun, especially when Wæðulf joined in late, drunk as hell.

Dansk viking said:
irondeath said:

This, or easier just a TeamSpeak gathering again. Those were fun, especially when Wæðulf joined in late, drunk as hell.

Of course we would do that with Teamspeak and beer!

Back
Top Bottom