Mini mod to fix horses HP and the throwing weapons damage

Users who are viewing this thread

Leonidas300

Banned
Hi, this mini mod attempts to fix the HP of some of the horsies like the Coursers or Rounceys, this adds 10 HP to these type of horses, 5 HP to arabian horses and the rest one is as defeault, this makes the horses actually realistic and more enjoyable making them a bit more durable because I was pissed off seeing that when the horses were charging against enemy infantry these were dying instantly or whenever your horse was shot by a tiny arrow in the ass it was killed immediately... thus I made this mini mod to fix this and now you will be able to see more time to the horses in the battle.

And the throwing weapons fix is because I was pissed off to see how a heavy armoured character was killed with one single hit with a wooden made stick when was thrown against a steel armored character... so I changed some of the values of the throwing weps to make it realistic and not a god mode weapon.

Here is the file:

https://mega.co.nz/#!olxBgT7B!f3wG-LipfrMsizqPxxg5XG0NAkcZAgmpwP_NGehYINo

Installation Instructions:

1) Make a buckup of your item_kinds1.txt file in your 1257AD Module
2) Copy the downloaded file and paste it in your 1257AD Module, if you are asked to overwrite it press yes.

This made a lot more enjoyable the battle, the cav isn't so weak anymore, how it should be intended and the throwing weapons are still very strong but not a god mode weapons that can kill a full army of heavy armoured knights.

Regards^^

Update: I uploaded it to Mega where is easy to download.

Hati said:
Good!
And what about the Steppe Horses?

I didn't edit the steppe horses because they are small horses and thus they should have less hp, also, the steppe horses are used by most of horse archers and it is hard to kill them while they are shooting and running from distance so I think they are well balanced.

What exactly did you do with the throwing weapons? Did you lower their damage and/or accuracy?

I'd like to give this tweak a try, but 4Shared is asking me to register via one of my social media and I don't want to share my personal info with them. Could you upload this file to somewhere else, like the Nexus or Filefront?

Thanks in advance.

MrExpendable said:
What exactly did you do with the throwing weapons? Did you lower their damage and/or accuracy?

I'd like to give this tweak a try, but 4Shared is asking me to register via one of my social media and I don't want to share my personal info with them. Could you upload this file to somewhere else, like the Nexus or Filefront?

Thanks in advance.
I lowered the damage to a more realistic damage rate and changed it to pearce damage because cut isn't realistic for throwing weapons, but still this damage rate is really deadly and has a good damage bonus but it isn't so overpowered and now a peasant with throwing spears won't be able to kill a full army of heavy steel armored knights.

Sorry for the old link, the new one is uploaded to MEGA where is easy to download it, just follow the steps, regards.

Is this save game compatible?

I just bought a bishop armour which is (i think) the most powerful armour in game (80+ body 29+ legs) and yet, with one stinky little javelline i died in an instant

Călaraşi said:
Is this save game compatible?

I just bought a bishop armour which is (i think) the most powerful armour in game (80+ body 29+ legs) and yet, with one stinky little javelline i died in an instant

Yeh, it is compatible.

Thanks for the new link. I've played with it for a bit, and the javelin changes seem to be good overall. I don't have an opinion on the horse tweaks yet, will have to play a bit more.

Thanks for sharing!

As Leonidas300 seems to be perma-banned, he won't be able to upload anything sadly. Does anybody else still have this file? The javelin damage makes this mod almost unplayable, manual sieges - being the attacking side (both Player and AI) - are close to impossible to win. Unless you have 4 times as many soldiers. Or autocalc. Which is not why I'm playing in the first place.

I used Morghs editor to change javelin attack to 40 piercing.
and also changed horse HP to 90 for coursers, rouncy, etc. 165 for teutonic destrier :grin:
works well for me

Back
Top Bottom