Merchant Inventory update frequency

Users who are viewing this thread

Hello,

Great mod you have here, I was wondering if it was easy to tweak how often the merchants update their inventory.
Right now it looks like it's more than a week, not sure exactly... lost track of time after a few fights.
I would just like to see it update more often.

if possible, a way to slightly change the inventory every day to account for sales and purchases.

I don't have the modules setup for pendor, and I didn't know they released the code for it.
I searched and didn't find it, I was hoping there was a way to just change the time in the script text files.

Why?
Your average town nets about 10k for all four vendors usually more then enough to purchase all the loot you´ve got.
If you´re in dire need of cash simply take another town or fill up the castle chest with the really expensive stuff.

If you´re looking for a certain piece of equipment to purchase, either use the cheat menue from the camp site to add it to your inventory or use Morgh´s Tool to switch it´s abundance to 100 and check a couple of merchants and fight enmies using that piece of equipment.

This is why i sell my loot to the goods-merchant first.  :wink: He restocks his cash money earlier than the other 3 merchants, maybe daily.

I am not looking for more money or to cheat in items I want, I just want to increase restock frequency to a 3 day cycle.
which is what I would like for my game.... to add more 'flavor' and as much as I don't want to say it.... make it more realistic.
merchants don't have same stock for a week, so I just want to tweak it.
Like many here do, they tweak things to where they think fits what they think is 'better' in their view of the game.
There's no right or wrong, only different views and opinions... and this is just my opinion.

the items I am looking for are not the standard versions, I am looking for ones that are balanced, masterwork etc...
If I could place an order with the merchant to get me said items or to modify ones I have that would be great.
But I know that would not be easy to do.

Oh, and I didn't know that merchants affected the income of towns... but I do now, thank you for that.

Joelnh said:
the items I am looking for are not the standard versions, I am looking for ones that are balanced, masterwork etc...

I think high trading increases the possibility of balanced/masterwork items appearing in shops.

I'm pretty sure you can do what you want with TweakMB. Actually, I'm not sure if you can change the frequency of the restock but I know you can adjust the amount of money the merchants can have.

shoshuro said:
Joelnh said:

I think high trading increases the possibility of balanced/masterwork items appearing in shops.
Actually, I think it's a high looting skill which does that.

Back
Top Bottom