civil war after faction-leader-polls

Users who are viewing this thread

BananaBob

Squire
hello

we all know this: there is a faction with a Leader and someday someone will poll for an other leader (may it be for an good reason or not)

so maybe after this poll the leader stays the same, maybe not... the "random" factionmembers just dont care about it but what should the leader do now (dont matter if he is the new or the old leader)...

It comes to some strange and unrealistic scens... maybe the "looser"-leader will get killed by the others or maybe the "looser"leader will just go on rampage but however there is a big chance for a TKing-feast and a guarant for someone feeling betrayed.

so i got a idea which would bring some "realism" to this thing:

everyone who say "yes" to the faction poll becomes a rebel of this faction.
i am not talking about the class i am more thinking about a subfaction, lets say there is the red-faction, everyone who voted "yes" will now be one of the Red-faction-rebels

now there are 2 things the rebels can do:

- fight against the "loyalists" (everyone who said "no" to the new leader poll)

- or just use the trainingpoints to join the regular faction again

everyone who gets killed on both sides during this rebellion should respawn as a immigrant, so ether the rebels or the "loyals" will be the only remaining.

Or as an other suggesion: Dead Rebels would respawn as Commoners, Loyalsits just respawn in there faction but the old lord respawns as commoner after he got killed. So the rebels goal would just be to kill the leader, the loyalists goal would be to kill all rebels.

I think, this would be fun and would really add to the gameplay 

but what do you think about this?

[i posted the same suggestion on the PW forum]

I like the idea though i have a feeling it would be difficult to input in the game. In addition 9/10 faction leader change overs tend to be amiable and are mostly due to the current leader either leaving, becoming bored or simply not being not bothered. This system would make those change overs abit of a nuisance.

I agree the 1/10 times that it breaks into violence i would like a bit more support for. It always quickly degenerates into what is effectively rule breaking and i would like more ways to fight members of your own faction.

The worst case scenario is always this; You and a number of people are happily in a faction. A sudden influx of people join (usually a persistent clan) and vote in their own leader. The new leadership then kicks everyone not part of their private group. Any system which gives a fighting chance against this sort of takeover has my full support!

everyone would vote "yes" to the new leader, so everyone would be a "rebel" since there are no loyals the rebels would win without a fight

(okay maybe the old leader would get afk-killed, but the leader shouldnt be afk, at least not for long)

I know.

Anyone who presses f9 (Yes) will be on the new leaders side.
Anyone who presses f8 (No) Will be on the old leaders side.
Anyone who presses f7 (Abstain) will be a non entity, while although being apart of the faction. Will explain

Basicly, when someone votes, bla bla bla the poll ends, all those who f8 whill be colored white in the faction tab, those who f9'd will be black. Those who f7 will be the colors of the faction and will not fight.

The f9's and f8's wont have a penalty for killing eachother. Those who die on the 2 sides; upon death converts them to normal colors, or those who abstained. (Always has option to go commoner, like on all servers allows you to).

(This should only happen if the new lord is accepted, since alot of times polls happen, but this would get repetitive.)
Anyways, if new lord is accepted, he will be the new lord until the civil war ends, the outcome will determine the new lord. If f8's win, they get there old lord back, if f9 wins, then the new leader will take lordship.

Upon winning on both sides, those who lost have a 0 cost for kicking out the faction.
The faction during civil war will not be able to be warred upon. Although any current wars upon civil war outbreak will persist.
The civil war can stop at anytime by admin or if a poll is selected by someone in the faction for peace, and if majority votes yes. (Obvious the new leader team will have advantage, but at the same time its balaned, if the choose to let peace, also, the one who calls will have there side of the civil war's leader win. If a abstain votes, then they will become lord.)

The civil war ends upon A: One side wins via; all enemies have died or opposing people leave.
B: Peace is called
Or C: Admin.

We had a revolution rule on our server but the majority of players voted against the rule. In my opinion, the Revolution rule is more realistic than others.

Like we say that some players begin to create an opposing group which will begin to talk about getting the current leadership down. Then they will begin to vote. The loyalist may begin to attack the opposing group which are against the current government and begin to do riot and violence to prevent them from taking over the faction. Then after some fights the new leader would kick/Outlaw the loyalist from the old government and begin a new start with a new leadership.

Back
Top Bottom