Unique Spawns As Companions

Users who are viewing this thread

I've recently been modding PoP using the troop tree to include the unique spawns as companions. Every time I defeat one of those huge armies, I add their leader as a companion. The story is that I give them a chance to serve me in lieu of me executing them, sort of like a bonded warrior.

Anyone else think this could be a mod for PoP?
Is anyone else doing the same?

Considering the mod is based around lore, it will never be considered an option.

It's not really a submod, as it's more of a simple tweak to the games upgrade paths.

Not to mention you open the door for a gazillion of nasty bugs according your heresy - missing dialogue options is fatal and the first one which comes to my mind.

However, it´s a personal tweak.
Don´t expect anything but barreloads of acid poured over you for meddling with the occult , crying for momma and asking for support.

Culnarion said:
I've recently been modding PoP using the troop tree to include the unique spawns as companions. Every time I defeat one of those huge armies, I add their leader as a companion. The story is that I give them a chance to serve me in lieu of me executing them, sort of like a bonded warrior.

Anyone else think this could be a mod for PoP?
Is anyone else doing the same?

I want to do this. How did you pull it off?

So you defeat the army, and afterward (on the world map) the leader joins you as a companion? Yeah, I need that mod. :smile:

What you get is the Gollum, face of doom once you talk to such a companion, several cases of CTD and once you save, a corrupted game.

But each to his own.

meh_zps830c199e.png

meh2_zps87b9d4f5.png

1604403_773779725966939_412187291_n_zps389d17c6.jpg

noosers said:
Not to mention you open the door for a gazillion of nasty bugs according your heresy - missing dialogue options is fatal and the first one which comes to my mind.

However, it´s a personal tweak.
Don´t expect anything but barreloads of acid poured over you for meddling with the occult , crying for momma and asking for support.

They sorta are just regular companions. Obviously I don't use most of the convo options, just the equipment ones.

69Oukdo.jpg

I know this thread is old but...

Could you send me a PM with how you are doing this? I would love to add a few of those rare spawns as vassals. Doing so would drop the pressure of having to try to recruit ASAP and end up weakening another kingdom quickly. It could greatly lengthen the game.

I attempted this before using Morghs troop editor. I added them to the troop upgrade tree, while I could upgrade to them and have them as a companion, once I offered them a fief they would just disappear so I know there is more to it.

Back
Top Bottom