[WNL3] Suggestions

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
ryozu said:
I think the pay to enter tournaments will only result in a lesser amount of teams taking part. Granted, those teams skill levels will be somewhat higher on average, as the better players from several clans group up and form new ones for the tournament, but it will most likely remove all the teams that were playing just for fun. More so, unless various clans suddenly start to allow double-clanning, it might actually result in them going inactive, or even disbanding.

I think that this would be actually the best situation that could possibly occur, but it won't. It would instantly push Warband to an e-sports environment, but tradition is hammered in too badly.

I think that adding entry fees would work just fine if we find some way to get rid of the high cheating potential in this game. I have no suggestion whatsover for this though.

ModusTollens said:
Overgaul said:
NA did something actually yes ma bad. You still have presented zero arguments other than ad hominems towards supporters and the carefully thought "because it's bollocks".
Oh, you were serious. First of all: I reject many thing I haven't even tried, not doing so would be pretty stupid and stupidly dangerous. Secondly: I don't reject the idea of money prizes in tournaments, I said, several times, that it's delusional as far as Warband is concerned (as for why can be read in the 2 years old thread, as well as here, not only written by me but by everybody who argued along the line that it would "destroy the already small playerbase" or "the lack of working anti-cheat-measurements are problematic" etc.; just because you seem to have overlooked it, doesn't mean it isn't there), and that noone has any reason to care as far as Warband isn't concerned.
You also have to point out any ad hominem (except for the one just yet - although that one is true, so whatever), I seem to have a tendency to overlook them.

The only thing I reject in general is the idea that the involvement of money has to be seen as "progress" or "development" (as it is reiterated all the time, hence the "baaing"-quote from 2 years ago), which just isn't true (especially as far as Warband is concerned), or that the involvement of money equals an increased playerbase, which just isn't necessarily true (again especially as far as Warband is concerned) or desirable (that one is just my opinion though).

Everyone is free to organise tournaments in whatever manner they want, I couldn't give less of a ****, especially about those I wouldn't participate in, and I'm still puzzled why some people do - except maybe for Lust. (I'd probably still be interested in the used ruleset. :neutral:) Since that has nothing to do with the WNL anyway, I'm out.

Well, actual proper post in all but it seems to me like too much of a theory not based on actual evidence, but hey, that's respectable. I don't particularly find the idea too tasty either.

Hey!
Aside from the big talking before this post, i want to talk about something else. It's about the referees. I was (and currently still) away from the scene for 2-3 months maybe. And thus i was not able to ref. any matches in the tournament. I don't know about if there is anything big happened when i was gone so if i missed something that will some how about the thing i want to talk, please state it before you answer and answer my complaints like i don't know them. So basicly, answer them not avoid.

On Sunday evening, there was the match Kurwa vs Nameless. And there was no referee appointed on the match.(Please tell that i am wrong with this.) That is a shame. Really. I (and others should) don't care about any admins or referees that are in the team that is playing the match. You need a referee, an overseer in this community. And its a semi-final (correct me if i am wrong. I really did not follow the tournament after CoR's group matches are done.) match on the biggest (yet) multiplayer competetive tournament on Warband. And there is no referee!? Anyway, Nameless_Volcom (you have my sincere thanks with this action volcom!) asked me to oversee the match because people got neurvous. So i get there and well after a while (after 6 round sadly) i need to go off so i did only saw that section of the match. I really really suprised to not seeing a referee on that match. Yes. There is no need maybe. Map changing is easy. Yes. But, i actually don't want to fight an opponent that acting like a referee.
So, i suggest that, for what ever reason, anyone but referee or the free-standing, impartial person needs to control the match. Changing maps. Yes. Asking the teams about being ready. Yes. Give extentional time if they are not ready. Yes. Give 5 minutes and start after 2 mins. No. (Please.) If the person who controls the match is playing in the match, i am not accusing anyone with not being a good sport here please get that first before you comment, that match should considered as being not overseeing by a impartial guy.
This is really a important issue. I don't care if you guys care about this, or don't think as like as me really. I just want to tell this problem (i really think this is a problem for the sake of a fair game.) to the officials of this tournament.

I hope i made my point here. Thanks for the reading this much. If you really did. :razz:
M.ArdA

I said at the beginning attempting to referee as many matches as initially done was a mistake. It lead to burn out and disinterest amongst many of the referees. That combined with Folms and then Scar going on holiday (the two most active admins aswell as being the most involved with refereeing.) lead to something of a break down. Fortunately my match finished in time and I was able to attend the end of the match in question.

In the future I'd suggest targetting only very important matches, matches involving teams with previous problems and matches that are being streamed.

Hey Marda,

thanks for your post. Bascially what Deacon wrote. I wanted to add that we actually saw this coming after the NC was over, which is why we wanted to introduce the 'Admin By ID' Mod, but unfortunately we couldn't quite finish the mod this season. On a side note, everyone who has expierence with this kind of stuff, feel free to throw us a PN, every help we can get is appreciated.

As Deacon said, I don't think referees have a future unless we tune down the number of matches being observed to deal with the motivational problems and find a way to fix the massive scheduling issue we have within the community. Anyway, we will definitely get referees for the three remaining matches this season. :smile:

No, I don't think so. We had a week with only 4 VIP matches (out of 20) and we only managed to get 2 referees. Our selection of games is already quite slim, of course we could cross out another two games, but what's the point of referees then anyway? I don't think that 10% or even 20% are enough to speak of security for the whole WNL, I think that every match needs to be as secure as possible. The solution we found for this season was alright, everything went fine, but in the end everything based on trust is vulnerable. By introducing the 'Admin By ID' Mod it will be super easy to track everything back and then punish accordingly with even less organisation compered to referees.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom