[WNL3] Suggestions

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Folms said:
But isn't it more wallhack than wall-hack? As far as I know, wallhack operates in way that allows you to see your opponent through scene props and walls. Meaning, your suggestion won't benefit at all and will be just a waste of time.

Honestly i've never really had many informations on how that works. Most of the time what i heard was the changes made to the textures of the walls that were allowing players to see through them. The suggestions we got should solve this problem, but if it operates on other ways i'm afraid there isn't much we can do.

Putting banners inside the walls would prevent people from seeing through walls by making the wall textures transparent (or putting their heads inside walls). Wouldn't prevent wallhack programs that draw players' outlines "on top" of game textures.

ryozu said:
Putting banners inside the walls would prevent people from seeing through walls by making the wall textures transparent (or putting their heads inside walls). Wouldn't prevent wallhack programs that draw players' outlines "on top" of game textures.
Also wouldn't prevent making the banner textures transparent :neutral:.

Captain Lust said:
ryozu said:

If you'd make banner textures transparent wouldn't it mean that teammates can't really be seen so good?

Shemaforash said:
Captain Lust said:
ryozu said:

If you'd make banner textures transparent wouldn't it mean that teammates can't really be seen so good?
You could even change the mesh itself to make the banner model appear tiny without affecting the banners above heads. Or you could put like transparent stripes through it or whatever. There are any number of things you could do to workaround it.

I'm sure that's going to work, we used it during last Poland Cup. We didn't have enough modders though, so not all the maps were edited.

These banners just make screen look horrible. If some cheaters manage to create another program, that somehow will work, I bet it takes a long time untill it gets as popular as the current one is.

I heard only swadian banners were used  though, don't know how it works with other ones.

Can you use this thread as a question thread aswell?

If yes, I got a question, how about the enemy (team) can ask the opponent for screens. If they reject to take screen, then are you pretty sure they are using wh. WH.. Bläääh

RobinWar said:
Can you use this thread as a question thread aswell?

If yes, I got a question, how about the enemy (team) can ask the opponent for screens. If they reject to take screen, then are you pretty sure they are using wh. WH.. Bläääh

We used that aswell, but there was a referee watching every single match. If a player acted suspicious, he was just asked to take a screen of the score board and an admin message where he was asked to do so. It definately prevents cheating, but I'm not sure if it's possible to get that many referees. Still, observing just Division A and B is something we can do.

Just for the banner thing again, already said it last year. Its takes about 5 min to edit the 5 banner files in the textures and just make them transparent. It would just be a waste of time to fix all maps.
"We used that aswell, but there was a referee watching every single match. If a player acted suspicious, he was just asked to take a screen of the score board and an admin message where he was asked to do so."
That sounds like a good idea tho. I am sure there are enough players willing to do this.

But still someone can try make wallhack with on/off mode. Like it was made for NW. Anyway, as Carpe said - it might take a long time to do this.

Thank you
is it the same as here http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,271209.0.html ?

(after installing that one I got equipment bug - couldn't buy different armor and weaps)

I think it's the same. When I installed it I had no problems, just move the Native folder into Warband and override everything.

(make sure you backup your current one though)

Yeah, getting referees for all division is just not possible, would be at least (sign ups haven't closed yet) 11 matches every single week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom