Native Completed UNAC Map Testing Tournament - FINAL STANDINGS AND DISCUSSION

Users who are viewing this thread

The Pizza said:
Still no response from MTW.

You and Madoc didn't talk? I was under the impression you guys did. Reguardless, I was told our match is scheduled for today at 8:00 PM (EST) can you make that or earlier? We can talk on steam, I've added you.

Good game.

2pdru1Q.jpg

WOYWWTu.jpg

52CeEjM.jpg

3PNtgkL.jpg

ggs

Sota sucks at aoe2

Haeranar? might as well be Open Desert

Incursion does play pretty weird, it feels like a bunch of miniature maps in a giant one. Houses feel like portassault/nordtown, but step out of it and you are transported into open plains/desert town. It just doesn't feel realistic I suppose

Haeranar was visually appealing, but I feel like it needs more points of interest. I feel like it has a lot of potential, so good job to whoever made it. Feels balanced, although I heard of some meta for the side that gets the little circle ruins and how archers are extremely well covered there. A member of KoA kept telling us how OP it was. That might need to be looked into since it could make the map one-sided.

As for Incursion, I didn't care for it much. Completely flat map with no points of interest, roofs to shoot off of, and lack of any aesthetically pleasing things, I found it very dull. Feels balanced how it is right now, but no fun to play on.

Hara - could use a few more points of interest. I would really like to see the community transition away from using Open Plains-esque maps as the template for open maps. "Open" doesn't have to mean "devoid of anything except rocks and bushes." Hara could benefit from a wall, larger piles of debris, etc. I think Sota did a good job with the concept, I would just like to see an alternative to the "open map, all cav" type of maps that have become prevalent lately.

Incursion - I'd like to play this map competitively a few more times before providing real feedback. For first impressions, I thought this was a really great map. Lots of different angles, lots of potential strategies, and a good mix of open and closed map play. I think that what some are citing as negative points (lack of elevation, no houses to camp in) are actually strong benefits, as I think these components are really what detract from the fun and competitiveness of maps like Nord Town and Port Assault.

Can we start using the Nord town they use in Euro land these days?  Where they cut the ladders/steps from the spawn areas.

On that subject:  Who has access to POM map rotation? Could definitely use a face lift

Back
Top Bottom