HEROES (taverns/hunts)

Users who are viewing this thread

Peacemaker

Sergeant
I like this mod, but the only thing I hate is this heroes not at taverns anymore script. I hate the new feature: Invite them to hunts.... Because at taverns I can hire enough heroes. But at hunts script? If I want to hire just few of them I must conquer castles in lot of countries and I can invite them to hunt afterwards. But conguer a castle is not easy. Its really hard and so frustrating without these heroes. Is there a way how to change this script to vanilla system? Hire heroes at taverns? But just this script...

What? you are really mistaken, this mod has 2 types of heroes, the ones that give you advantage in the engineer, trade, trainer, path finding, wound treatment, etc... and the other ones are 3 nobles that you can hire once when you have a possesion like a castle. Totally you can have 8 heroes, 3 of them dedicated to battle skills (nobles) and the rest for personal abilities. These 5 ones can be recruited in the cities by pressing: "recruit mercenary companions" and paying some gold to hire them.

And the way that is designed in this mod is a lot much better than in native, it makes a lot more immersive and realistic.

Yes but you can hire only 3 at your castle (if you get one) and 3 heroes as mercenaries. If you want more, you need to conquer another castle in distance area and there you can invite for hunt another heroes. I prefer vanilla, because I can recruit in taverns whoever I like and how many I like.

Peacemaker said:
Yes but you can hire only 3 at your castle (if you get one) and 3 heroes as mercenaries. If you want more, you need to conquer another castle in distance area and there you can invite for hunt another heroes. I prefer vanilla, because I can recruit in taverns whoever I like and how many I like.

Nooooo, reread again what I wrote please.

Ok lets talk about that again. You can hire 5 mercenary heroes right? (there is a trick how you can hire one more, but cant remember how is that) And when you get a castle, you can hire 3 nobles right? Thats 8 heroes alltogether. When you get a castle (what is not easy). So you have 8 heroes and thats it. But in vanilla you could hire as many heroes as you liked at taverns. And that is what I liked.

Peacemaker said:
Ok lets talk about that again. You can hire 5 mercenary heroes right? (there is a trick how you can hire one more, but cant remember how is that) And when you get a castle, you can hire 3 nobles right? Thats 8 heroes alltogether. When you get a castle (what is not easy). So you have 8 heroes and thats it. But in vanilla you could hire as many heroes as you liked at taverns. And that is what I liked.
You sure have a point here sire ... Noble companions is one thing and the curiosity of going in a tavern wondering whom you may find there and what might be the story he tells you, an other...

Yes thats the one thing and the other one is: I could hire much bigger group of heroes. And when I attacked a castle and sent them first to fight, they killed lot of enemies. Much much more enjoyable for me.

Peacemaker said:
Yes thats the one thing and the other one is: I could hire much bigger group of heroes. And when I attacked a castle and sent them first to fight, they killed lot of enemies. Much much more enjoyable for me.

Well, that is like cheating yeh know... the heroes don't die so hiring a lot of them is like hiring an invincible army where no one can die lol, this mod aims to be realistic so 8 companions are way more than enough.

Not cheating, but gaming. When I play a game, I want enjoy it, I want just have some fun. This mod is great, but when I see half of my army dead, it makes me angry. I want fun. And trust me, conquering a castle with bigger group of heroes is fun. I need to find a way how to change it in this mod. Because with that combination I can have so much fun like never :smile:

Peacemaker said:
Not cheating, but gaming. When I play a game, I want enjoy it, I want just have some fun. This mod is great, but when I see half of my army dead, it makes me angry. I want fun. And trust me, conquering a castle with bigger group of heroes is fun. I need to find a way how to change it in this mod. Because with that combination I can have so much fun like never :smile:

Well ok, but as I said this mods aims to be historically accurate, not to be able to create invincible super human armies, and thus would be considered cheating lol. For that there are other mods.

But no other mod has such big concept like this one. I really like this mod and I dont like this companions thing. Only this one thing. Its ruining for me. Oh God if I could change this one thing only. They are not invincible, they are very helpfull :smile:

Actually, you can get all of them, if you don't mind pissing off a few kings.
Just join one king as a vassal, go to your new fief and pick up the companions there.
Then you leave the King, and go join another King of another culture and pick up the companions there.
Keep doing that until you've got all the companions for each culture.

Of course, you piss of the kings when you leave them, so don't do it with anyone you'd want to join with afterwards.
Also be careful - if you get defeated in battle, your companions will leave, and you can't get them back.

Yes I was thinking about something like that. But that ruins the game. Thats why is much much better just visit a tavern and hire them. One after another... But thanks for the advice.

Ok, I think I will need advice. You said about cultures. There are 5 cultures, right? Pagan, muslim, orthodox, balt, catholic? Is that correct? So if I want join factions from every culture, can you tell me please which factions are they? I mean I want joins just to one faction from every culture.

Peacemaker said:
Ok, I think I will need advice. You said about cultures. There are 5 cultures, right? Pagan, muslim, orthodox, balt, catholic? Is that correct? So if I want join factions from every culture, can you tell me please which factions are they? I mean I want joins just to one faction from every culture.
you can go to luthuania for pagans, mameluk sultanate for muslim, eastern roman empire for orthodox, and france for catholic. balts are pagans

All western europeans are catholic , so you can go for the little Italian states. It gets harder with mongol companions because if you go with the Golden horde there is a chance of getting orthodox or if you go with the Ilkhanate you could just get muslim ....

If you turn the cheatmenu on then you can invite nobles to any village even if you don't own it.  You can just teleport to different cultures and visit any village...no need to be a vassal

DerHerbst said:
If you turn the cheatmenu on then you can invite nobles to any village even if you don't own it.  You can just teleport to different cultures and visit any village...no need to be a vassal
It is true but I don't like cheating. It kinda ruins my immersion . I used it only when testing the final versions of the game for obvious reason....I had to restart game every few days....at the end i was bored... It's pretty much what happens to devs I guess.....some of the ideas I suggested didn't pass anyway... I still remember your mini mode about horses It was very good when I tested it...I'm rather satisfied with the final version even if some things reworked would make it even better maybe...This compagnions think is one of them I guess because the current modification really ruins one of the god  reasons you had, in native and in other mods, to visit every tavern....

Yes I totally agree. I liked that a lot, when I had to visit taverns every time to see if there is any possible companion to get :smile: I am not sure how to do that cheaty thing. I can teleport with cheats yes, but what is the point if I dont own that village and therefore there is no option: Invite local nobles.... ??

Peacemaker said:
Yes I totally agree. I liked that a lot, when I had to visit taverns every time to see if there is any possible companion to get :smile: I am not sure how to do that cheaty thing. I can teleport with cheats yes, but what is the point if I dont own that village and therefore there is no option: Invite local nobles.... ??
With cheat menu on, noble compagnions are recruitable in towns even if you're not related to the factions at all...

Back
Top Bottom