Mount&Blade II: Bannerlord Developer Blog 5 - Virtual Skeletons

Users who are viewing this thread

Happy Friday to avid readers and passers by. It has been a little while since our last Bannerlord Blog. In this entry we are once more decreasing the number of unblogged rooms in the office by one. Although some animations are made and polished in various parts of the office, many are captured in our very own motion capture studio near the main door of our offices. The animation hub and thus the associated blog room for this episode.

Read more at: http://www.taleworlds.com/en/Games/Bannerlord/Blog/6

Carlos Danger said:
I wonder if there would be a way where you can build a relationship with your men and increase their morale and battle prowess because they're fighting for somebody they really like, I really hope they increase the functionality for the morale system because before the enemies would run away when the battle is totally lost...and even then they'd probably come right back, I mean, In real life if a conscript seen a Nord Huscarl (who is probably renown amongst the calradians as the most fiersome and barbaric troops!, the parents probably say "Go to bed or the huscarl will get you!" to the children) charging at him, he'd flee, this isn't his war, he just wants to work at the farm with his family, but he was just recruited from a village and put into a battle he has no interest in with some foreign commander.

That was a tough post to read... *hooh*

Oh man.I cannot wait for incredibly good fights with real animations.Oh I have just now registered my self to comment.Just cant wait until it is finnished :shock: :lol: .
I hope taleworlds will make a better campaign map.

My problem in warband and m and blade was that I had no real feeling of strategy and that the battle world is connected to the campaign map.I think there should be a scroll out sequence where you just see the whole world like lod and when you reach towns or villages you scroll in to this place and lod buildings and stuff just will load normal.I donot know if this is possible or if you can understand what I mean but I just wish myself a campaign map where you can just enter a battle and the battle place looks not just in biome but in for example detail like the campaign map does.Thank you for reading.Hope you understand what I mean. :wink:

Hi,
sorry if its off topic, I ve just read the blog entry on the motion capturing stuff, which sounds pretty impressive.
Now I wonder if they are capturing actual martial arts/fencing movements with experts or they are just swinging their hands around mimicking Hollywood movies. Because, honestly, the fighting movements in M&B Warlords (vanilla) were just that, and they looked awfully lame. Especially the staff/polearms. And especially the defensive movements...
Do you have any info on whether they are implementing real fighting moves?

Sorry, it's just Captain Lust butterflying a toy sword made out of plastic. I do hope they got some inspiration from the real thing though. Now, they have their own motion capture studio.

By the way, I remember that in the first ever interview with a TW dev about Bannerlord, the interviewer saw an Osprey book about siege machineries in their office. /hint

M&B Warband is set over a century before the beginning of the Ming dynasty and Mulan is set closer to a millenium before the beginning of the Ming dynasty.

M&B Bannerlord will have an earlier setting than M&B Warband.

Have you confirmed yourself an unscrupulous Minger?

Meevar the Mighty said:
M&B Warband is set over a century before the beginning of the Ming dynasty and Mulan is set closer to a millenium before the beginning of the Ming dynasty.

M&B Bannerlord will have an earlier setting than M&B Warband.

Have you confirmed yourself an unscrupulous Minger?

...It was a joke.

But I would like to see a Chinese or another far eastern type faction in Bannerlord to supplement the Mongol analogue Khergits.

Back
Top Bottom