Ragnarr's runestone stories- Chapter 4 "In the land of the Fyrningas"

Users who are viewing this thread

Here we go, part 4 of the runestone stories!  Sorry for my bad english skills, it's not my first language. :smile:

The wind blew us in our hair and in our smelling beards. Our ship broke the waves, fast like a storm. A storm with a smelling beard and hair which sparkles in the wind.  Leifr stood on the bow of  the ship. He looked around until he shouted: „Land! There it is, the lands of the saxons!“  The Jomsvikingar yelled and took their shields and weapons. Björn was sitting on the steer, his grey beard that smells like old piss, covered his smile.

Our eyes stared at the shores. the shores of England. Home of mighty kings. Home of heroes and farmers. Home of loot, ready to be taken. When we docked on the beach,we jumped out of our ship. Holding our shields ready for an ambush, but nothing happened. We walked up a hill,then through a forest. We hold on for a break in the middle of the forest,near a road. Hrafn, a berserkr of us tried to nose the lovely odours of the forest. But the only thing he could nose were our smelling clothes.

Suddenly, we heard the steps of horses. We took our shields and weapons and jumped from the bushes to the road. We holt the 2 messengers on their horses. One of them upraised his hand. „Greetings warriors. Why did you halt us?“  „Where are we here?“  The rider looked to his fellower with a confused face,then he looked back to us. „You are in the terretory of the Fyrningas!“

(Here a image of the scene,made by  Æþelfriþ Fyrninga
ellardsworth__perilous_negotiations_by_maracanda-d79sc38.png
)

We looked to eachother, some of us were disquiet because we have allready heard of the Fyrningas. Warriors without fear,brave and strong. We know the names of their most famour warriors. Æþelfriþ  the Fearless, Fródwine the Mighty, Wæðulf the Dragonslayer, Hróðgár the Bone-smaher, Ingbrand the Brave and Éadríc the Mouse-face and a lot of other names.

„Pay us tribute, and we will leave your lands. If you don't, you better flee.“ Some of my warriors laughed. The riders made angry faces and rode back from the way they came.  „And what now,my Jarl?“ Valbjörn asked.  „Now we wait and rest. Steinn and Drengr, you will watch the road!“ The two warriors nodded and stood tall near the road behind some trees. The rest of us went a bit deeper in the forest,back to our camp.

(Meanwhile,somewhere else.)

The two riders went into the inn of a big house. A few warriors were sitting on some banquettes around a fire. But one of them was sitting on a single chair. „Why are you allready here?“ „We got in trouble. There is a big group of warriors in the forest!“ the rider said. The man on the single place looked at him directly. In his eyes wasn't even a piece of fear. „Who are they?“ he asked. „I don't know, the most of them wear chain mails and helmets. They have shields with a red snake and they smelled like a bunch of pigs. They are some kind of barbarians!“ answered the rider.  „Barbarians...no. Those warriors are Vikings...“  The man stood up, also the other people in the inn.

„They did a mistake to come in our lands...“

To continue...

Thanks for reading. :smile:  For more poemtry and the other chapters, go here: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?topic=294579.msg7001269#msg7001269

Hah! Good to hear our fame even reaches the far Baltic shores! Even the impetuous Vikings of Jomsborg come to rid us of our wealth and land! But they made a mistake to trespass on our lands. Not for long will the air be tainted by their foul reek, I am sure! They will soon shed many manly tears when they turn around their dragon prows and sail back home with sore butts!

Good to see the piece I sent you Ragnarr, I'm glad you could use it! It is here for those who wish to read a more plausible interpretation of Ragnarrs bold saga!

Back
Top Bottom