Prophesy of Pendor Dev Update Board (UPDATED 12/08/15)

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
A few of things I'd like to see in a future minor update:

When I take Laria from Sarleon to start my own Kingdom of Pendor the guards on the street stay as Sarleon troops. Is it possible for them to update to reflect your own culture?

Other ways of earning money via investments, either by increasing the range of fief improvements, allowing more than one enterprise per city (has to be of a different type & costs exponentially more to buy) or implementing the buying land/moneylender pack that mods such as Clash of Kings and Floris have implemented.

The Order fortress you unlock after becoming Grandmaster should generate a few free knights/sergeants each week or so, like any other chapterhouse in cities. It's a bit odd that the order doesn't bother sending a few bodyguards around with their new Grandmaster after what happened to their old one!

Very glad to see that improvements are still being done on the mod.

Since everybody's throwing suggestions here I'll throw my own. I'd very much like to play an evil character. I'd like the ability to join the Snake Cult, the Red Brotherhood even common bandits. Would be a really nice change from the "unite all" hero storyline. Perhaps a few more quests here and there too.

Suggestions still remain in the suggestion thread, as I have stated it in the main body of the first update.

However, evil characters is something we aren't nor will be anytime soon, looking at. This update is making Pendor look nicer and bring in new features. Hopefully :wink:

Nicer is good :smile:

As of being evil... well, stop complaining, join Eventide Order and set off killing sissy elves or riding villages or what have you.

I don't get why the option to be evil gets suggested all the time. I'm sure it'd be cool if done well, but not without having to change the mechanics and even the lore significantly while most of the latter would work fine otherwise. Just not worth the effort.

It's sad they think there is no option to be evil, their imagination lacks. I mean most people sell slaves (I don't) and that's some pretty evil shiznauz, those guys never leave slavery at least those who are killed get to die quickly. Who knows what Pendor needs all these slaves for, I don't see any huge pyramids/wonders being built anywhere.

As for the rest of the evil thing, theirs plenty that happens behind the scenes and the whole story after Pendor is united which can be influenced. Not all of the history of the world is 100% true, it is wrote by the victors or the losers get lucky and the victors don't find the history they wrote and didn't burn it.

mike56 said:
Excuse the off-topic but... what does the shield mean near the avatar you some users like Dusk Voyager and AnddyiRaynor have?

His is an avatar image of probation and mine is my rank during probation which lasts forever I guess :grin:

Wait, so you mean to tell me my favorite mod from Warband isn't dead, and people are still working on an update for it, unlike so many other great mods that simply stoped all activity? Guys, my birthday isn't even around for a few more months ...

I don't know if this is possible, but my one suggestion would be to prevent people from moving the difficulty slider and from alt tabbing on realism mode to reload. I'd also suggest making it impossible to meddle with the occult i.e modifying game files.

I feel mount and blade would be much more fun if I were directly limited in how much I could change the difficulty on the fly.

For example, starting a kingdom is one of the most brutal times in PoP. However, if you lower the difficulty and battle size you can single handedly wipe out every enemy army without using any tactics.

The nearest you can get to this is in 'fair' let's plays where the whole system is based around a self imposed limitation that cannot be broken because the viewers will notice.

Maybe what I'm asking for is a console port, but with today's technology even that can have imported characters/ reloads/ hacked files.

I miss the days of static difficulty levels. It purposed to create an environment truly isolated from the outside world. Escapism, for me, is what this game is all about.

I am clearly in a minority though. Games these days are moving more and more towards difficulty sliders and lack of delayed gratification it seems.

what do you care if someone is cheating (or just messing with 'sliders') in their singleplayer game? no one forces you to change difficulty mid game, and if you cant resist the urge to why bother playing on high diff? also if moding game files was not possible you wouldnt be playing  this mod at all coz it would not exist, or are you saying mnb isnt elite enough coz it have difficulty settings and doesnt force players to play only on highest diff possible? im confused here

i like the game but it has some antifun mechanics and quirks that makes me glad theres an option to quit without saving, imo the more choices players get (setting diff, blocks, lance control etc) the better, more options/features means bigger potential playerbase as many can set the game to their liking (which also means more potential modders to make awesome mods like this one) and better game overall

rdx said:
what do you care if someone is cheating (or just messing with 'sliders') in their singleplayer game? no one forces you to change difficulty mid game, and if you cant resist the urge to why bother playing on high diff? also if moding game files was not possible you wouldnt be playing  this mod at all coz it would not exist, or are you saying mnb isnt elite enough coz it have difficulty settings and doesnt force players to play only on highest diff possible? im confused here

i like the game but it has some antifun mechanics and quirks that makes me glad theres an option to quit without saving, imo the more choices players get (setting diff, blocks, lance control etc) the better, more options/features means bigger potential playerbase as many can set the game to their liking (which also means more potential modders to make awesome mods like this one) and better game overall

I like to pretend that every other character on the battlefield is another person. Having 'normal' difficulty isn't artificial difficulty, it just means that the player isn't special. I don't really enjoy roleplaying that the Gods of pendor favor me and so halve the damage my troops receive. Sure, it works for realism, but I know it was never intended that way.

you dont like having dmg to your troops halved? thats fine set it to full, but some other person might like it other way, see this way more ppl can enjoy the game, variety is good

Cant wait for more updates. I am wondering (while playing) when there are these faction that unite and invade Pendor are they able to take cities? That would be pretty cool and would create some intresting games if they could.

Minor factions can attack and sack a city but they cannot take it. Having them take cities has been brought up in the past and I don't think it will be something that is added at any point in the future.

I was going to wait for a patch before I started my next playthrough, now I'm on day 120 of a new one.

First of all i wanna say thank you for working on POP 4x ( i really love it from the bottom of my heart)

Was Wondering if is it possible to add Some Good Long quest Similar to the GrandMaster quest but a bit longer to :
- Get a good Weap Similar to the Kings Weap then enhance it in th al-aziz mine
- Gain Right to rule and at some point you'll be able to start your own kingdom (30++ RTR to start your own kingdom)
- join or marry a noldor or even start as an elf

Also if you lose a battle against a lord or faction (in the enemies list) they will kill you .  :evil:

Love the look of that new legion armor already would love to have it in my game. Just wondering if you were planning to look at and possibly change the armor on valkyries at all? Also great to hear people still work on Pendor, was wondering about that. Just can't seem to find a mod for Warband which is even close to being quite as good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom