Prophesy of Pendor Dev Update Board (UPDATED 12/08/15)

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty certain the suggested armor is from Dragon Age: Origins. Not the same exact set, but note the similarities:

Jakk.jpg

mb_warband_2014_03_31_21_36_40_86.jpg

...On second thought. Maybe it IS the exact same armor set.

Addendum: Looking at it VERY closely I notice some minor differences. I should not have to look at it this closely for find differences though.

Nice find. But I like to take the time and congratulate me on first noting that his armor was taken and re-rigged.

The similarities are by far, similar.

You mean the right lower corner armour?
That one looks more like it was taken off LotR as the helmet is pretty Sauron-ish.

Most of PoP´s armour and weapons is pretty realistic or at least managable for mortal men. And I prefer to keep it that way. A helmet with huge sturdy horns on top of it or 1m long metal spikes on your pauldrons may look awesome and get your dirtual vick hard in a hack´n slay mmrpg, but in something like a medieval combat system it´s totally off.

First thing anyone´d do is use that nasty hook on his pike to either snap your neck like a chicken´s or pull you off your horse/feet as these extensions provide excellent leverage.

Some things won´t be in PoP. Unrealistic and unpractible weapons and armours are one of them. Because you know, the laws of nature can´t be changed easily.

Not to mention, this is definetly the wrong thread for something like that. People who care to read may have noticed it. And it´s the plain reason why I´m still convinced this thread should be cleansed of anyting but moderator posts and be locked/unlocked on demand.

OK, OK, point taken. :grin:

Sorry for using the wrong topic (can all these messages me moved by moderators to the more relevant suggestion thread?).

I actually always believed that PoP was more focused on design than on realism (compared to other modules where most soldiers look like hobos, PoP can be praised for some really awesome and colorful armor sets of middle-tier and top-tier troops - that's one of the reasons I've played PoP much longer than all the other modules put together), that's why I suggested these awesome-looking but, yes, somewhat unrealistic armor sets.

As for the 'DAO' armor - I had these thoughts too that's why I suggested adding something like that. It was more like an inspiration pic than "take it and add it" pic. And since there is a little confusion, I meant armor set Sigismund was wearing, not my character. Yes, she is wearing a Sauron helm and I know this is too much and doesn't correspond to the lore and that's why I'm not suggesting this.

Anyway, thank you for all your replies.

I would really like one day being able to join Noldors and take over all the filty humans : ) ! ( it would be nice a quest about Noldor Invasion, ahhahaha :razz: )

I'm glad to see that there is still someone 'working' on this mod.

MitchyMatt said:
You can certainly expect the sallets to look much better and affect the Singalians*, Mettenheim, and various Rouge Knight units.

THIS JUST IN:
Freudian slip by MitchyMatt reveals addition of a new KHO to the game. Given that the name of the order is the French word for red, it is not out of the realm of possibility that the new order's emblem will be a red Fleur-de-Lys or another common symbols found in French heraldry. That's all for now, folks. Stay classy, Pendor!

Or it was just a typo. :razz:

Epicrules said:
MitchyMatt said:
You can certainly expect the sallets to look much better and affect the Singalians*, Mettenheim, and various Rouge Knight units.

THIS JUST IN:
Freudian slip by MitchyMatt reveals addition of a new KHO to the game. Given that the name of the order is the French word for red, it is not out of the realm of possibility that the new order's emblem will be a red Fleur-de-Lys or another common symbols found in French heraldry. That's all for now, folks. Stay classy, Pendor!

The French wouldn't last very long in Pendor. :grin:

MitchyMatt said:
Epicrules said:
MitchyMatt said:

THIS JUST IN:

The French wouldn't last very long in Pendor. :grin:

Depends if the inhabitants of Pendor knew what a white flag was or not....
Different customs you know :razz:
Or if the French brought any white cloth with them....
A whole realm of possibilities.

Fun fact: The civil flag of France actually was a plain white flag. The popular Fleur-de-Lys speckled flag we see now days (in reference to the past, of course) is actually the flag of the Royal Family.

noosers said:
You mean the right lower corner armour?
That one looks more like it was taken off LotR as the helmet is pretty Sauron-ish.

Most of PoP´s armour and weapons is pretty realistic or at least managable for mortal men. And I prefer to keep it that way. A helmet with huge sturdy horns on top of it or 1m long metal spikes on your pauldrons may look awesome and get your dirtual vick hard in a hack´n slay mmrpg, but in something like a medieval combat system it´s totally off.

First thing anyone´d do is use that nasty hook on his pike to either snap your neck like a chicken´s or pull you off your horse/feet as these extensions provide excellent leverage.

Some things won´t be in PoP. Unrealistic and unpractible weapons and armours are one of them. Because you know, the laws of nature can´t be changed easily.

Not to mention, this is definetly the wrong thread for something like that. People who care to read may have noticed it. And it´s the plain reason why I´m still convinced this thread should be cleansed of anyting but moderator posts and be locked/unlocked on demand.

*Glares at Wulfbode menacingly*

mike56 said:
I think I don't understand well. You say that PoP 4 will not be released, but you are still working on PoP?

The current PoP world will probably be worked on for quite some time, with less work being done on it in than in the past because it is so far along already and only minor things are being added/ refined.

Why are you even worrying about PoP 4 if it is ever made in the next 10 years it will be quite different than PoP is now.
You don't see other mods really talking about future run off series they may or may not make so asking about PoP 4 is counter productive unless you want to work on it, because if they ever start working on it again people will find out/ be notified upon it's beta/ completion. Which is better because then you don't have to wait for it right?

AnddyiRaynor said:
Why are you even worrying about PoP 4 if it is ever made in the next 10 years it will be quite different than PoP is now.
You don't see other mods really talking about future run off series they may or may not make so asking about PoP 4 is counter productive unless you want to work on it, because if they ever start working on it again people will find out/ be notified upon it's beta/ completion. Which is better because then you don't have to wait for it right?

Wohow... I worry because I love and track this mod. Just this. And it's ok that they are not going to expand more the Pendor world, in my opinion the only thing the next version needs is to change textures and models of weapons and armors. And I probably can help with this.
So that's why I worry!

mike56 said:
... in my opinion the only thing the next version needs is to change textures and models of weapons and armors. And I probably can help with this.

You definitely need to have a word with MitchyMatt, because that is precisely what we're about to do. (May have read the artist recruitment call in the stickies.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom