Prophesy of Pendor Dev Update Board (UPDATED 12/08/15)

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MitchyMatt

Grandmaster Knight
Prophesy of Pendor Dev Update Board

As we have all heard by now, Prophesy of Pendor 4 has been put away due to lack of time, the thorough continuous commitment of participants, and many variables. However, that does not mean Prophesy of Pendor is dead. Instead, we last updated the game to 3.6xx and gave everyone the great features of CKO.

That was IIRC, over a year ago? Maybe slightly longer or almost too. I'm creating this board so people can see what the devs are up too and we can easily and full-heartedly allow news to be reached to you in the most easy fashion possible. This is not to be mistaken for a suggestion thread that is clearly stickied, so don't put suggestions here. Only provide an opinion on work examples we provide for yous.

This thread will provide example and notes of what is being worked on currently and we will provide the community with work we have and you can give your opinion on it. This is work we considered as a development team and moreover, we are looking for ways to improve upon things the game has.

Do not ask about Bannerlord. That is in the future a ways away. We will not hesitate to glove-slap you upon asking. We currently have no ideas/opinions even related to this.

Do not ask for release dates. We are all humans and we have lives outside the internet. We have commitments and duties before PoP, and those always come first, for most of us. We like to take our time and provide out the polished aspects of a game that is enjoyable, but lives up to the standard that Prophesy of Pendor is.

[size=14pt]Current News: [/size]

Hello,

As many of you know there hasn't been much said on what is currently being done by the devs for Prophesy of Pendor. I would like to announce a long-awaited update that tackles the refurbishment of Prophesy of Pendor's assets.

Previously, I began over a year ago where the patch 3.6 was being developed, I began searching around for replacements and artists who would help remaster PoP's assets. However, due to lack of time, and RL going on, I fell short of getting it even remotely done and the 3.6 update went without any aesthetics's being done.

Now that it has been a year later I would like to begin showcasing what we have been doing so far and to keep you guys encouraged and excited for a return of Prophesy of Pendor graphically more than gameplay-wise.

Our current focus, especially for me, has been to get rid of the Legionnaire armor. It's lifespan from MB has been long enough and it's time that it get's a new fresh revival and so I present a WIP representation of what to expect for the Empire's Legionnaires to be fielding in the heat of battle:

wfTb2mP.png

The Empire isn't exactly Roman to say, so we can't always expect them to be wearing bronze or armors that make them look fakely chizzled. However they are a heavy infantry unit and fielding heavy armor, but light-looking helps fit in perfectly with a touch of Roman features. This is what we are exactly looking for and most of us agreed that this is a good start. We are dealing with the artist right now to finish up the right colors and what not as it looks currently too much like Barclay and not Empire.

Remember this is a WIP and if you have any opinions on the armor or suggestions about it please share with us.

Hello,

I would like to again thank you for your patience for waiting on more news/updates from the development team. As many of you know, I'm working with the other devs and we are evaluating assets in a manner of them being included in the mod.

To continue this update, I would like to mention that not just the special items of the game are receiving attention. We are also looking at the equipment used by common troops too.

For example we have the Mettenheim. A proud minor faction. Their platemail looks fine and great, but that sallet though...ewwwww.

So considering there's many OSP's providing common medieval helmets, these were nice pieces of cake to take from the buffet. You can certainly expect the sallets to look much better and affect the Singilians, Mettenheim, and various Rouge Knight units.

These were one of the earlier changes we found and I thought it be good to fill you guys in with it. So enjoy this while I take the time to find some more juicy content for update 3 in the upcoming future.

Take a gander:

Capture15_zpsa3b43a9d.jpg

Capture17_zpsc6f9c782.jpg

mb69-1_zpsed32de23.jpg

mb68-2_zps73238517.jpg

mb67-2_zps34969392.jpg

From the Founding of Pendor – the year is 198
The downfall of the Kingdom was as swift as it was and vile.  A single month, thirty
days, and the empire was in tatters.  The irony was it was not by the sword in battle,
nor by some dark magic that caused the deaths of the King and his family.  But by an
unseen killer, a disease, the red plague that ravaged the land and cut down the peoples
of the Kingdom, great and small, like an assassin in the night.

The royal family had perished, and there was no King to rule the land.  Then came the
invasions that seemed to shatter the once proud kingdom into slivers and the glory that
was once the Kingdom of Pendor, was now itself the stuff of legend.

With the death of the King and his heirs, there was chaos.  Multiple lords laid claim to
the throne and nearly every noble of the land began squabbling over succession...

(Sounds of footsteps carry forthwith in the long damp corridor)

"How long has it been, sir, since people were down here?"

"Decades for certain. This charter said we're the only ones to been given permission to access this far down."

"The torch is hardly kindling, the air down here is thin. But sir, why would the King have us come down here? Is there a purpose? You never did fill me in."

"He said there was a rare artifact down here. That it would rightly encourage others to support his claim and reign as King."

"Pff..rare artifact...we're most likely to find bones of old down here, or the occasional rat brood."

(The two men reach a small indent in the corridor, the torch makes it visible)

"Sir, what does it say? Can you read it? My eyes aren't as keen in the dark as they were in my youth."

"It's feint, but I can make it out.."

Lie here, the last lineage of Pendor's royal family. The red came and brought with it, darkness and dismay. The darkness dwells still.; the red, it's flame.

"Just an old curse, meant to scare away robbers and such of the day. We still have a purse of gold waiting for us, we must retireve this thing for the king."

"What did he say this object looks like?"

"He said we'll know when we see it, whatever the bloody hell that means."

(They enter the indent but immediatly the torch's last flame perishes, the air it lived on cut off)

"By the gods, find a light idiot! I can't see a damned thing down here, let alone your ugly face."

(The man used his tinderbox to relight the torch.)

"Bout time. Let's find th..."

(He turns back to the front and come forth from the dark this image..)

The darkness dwells still.; the red, it's flame.

skull_zpsa60c511d.jpg

Heres the link to the picture if it doesn't show up: http://i1138.photobucket.com/albums/n534/Mitch_Eck/skull_zpsa60c511d.jpg

Hello everyone,

As you can see, it has been a few solid months of a nice update on what is going on. I've haven't ignored the mod if that was what you were thinking but tried to collect resources here and there and talking to people worldwide can be time consuming. Not to mention dealing with real life scenarios you all are aware of. This update doesn't specifically show anything other than the v1 list of items that are most likely going to be redone for 3.7. This is a very long list and I tried to organize it with Excel to keep track of all the things we need to make it nice and smooth.

Currently there around 160 plus things, if Excel counts correctly. That's quite a lot, but rest assured I have  made progress on the list, but it doesn't yet reflect that currently. I plan on finding a way to nicely update this elsewhere so that I don't have to deal with all this text when modifying this spoiler.

If you think you can help out with this list by being delightful searchers and recommenders, by all means please contact me PM.

Best,

MM

Original Mesh                                       Replaced Yet                     New Mesh                       From Who?
A2K_Stuff
arbalest
bascinet_padded_01
heavy_lance_02
heretic_hard_lthr
heretic_padded_armor
heretic_robe
heretic_surcoat_over_mail
kettle_helm_new
masked_kettle_helm
munich
munich_scabbard
norman_helm_new
talhoffer
taloffer_scabbard

A2K_WB_Pack
bascinet_coif_01
great_helm_1
great_helm_2
great_helm_3
great_winged_helm_1
great_winged_helm_2
great_winged_helm_3
hornskull_basicent_05
hornskull_basicent_06
long_mail_coat
long_platemail_01
sallet_01
sallet_02
sallet_05
steel_barbutte

Pendor_AQS1
aqs_boots2
aqs_boots4
aqs_boots5
aqs_boots6
aqs_coat_b
aqs_ghulam_helm2
aqs-haubergeon_a
aqs_haubergeon_b
aqs_lady_chain
aqs_lady_dress
aqs_leather_jerkin
aqs_leather_padded
aqs_merchant_outf
aqs_metropolian_helm
aqs_plate_armor2
aqs_plate_bur_1374
aqs_reinf_jerkin_b
aqs_surcoat1
aqs_surcoat2
aqs_surcoat3
aqs_surcoat4
aqs_surcoat5
aqs_tabard_a
aqs_tabard_b
sxd_ornate_boots
sxn_great_helm

Pendor_AQS2
aqs_nomad_robe_a
aqs_nomad_robe_b
aqs_nomad_robe_c
moghol_axe

Pendora
Anaconda_plate
Helm_Skull02
avoloch3
barmace3
bretonclaymore
bretonspear
celtic2h3
celtic3
celtic_scabbard3
celticlongsword3
clansmanswordc
cloth_bur_042
cloth_bur_074
cloth_mtw_113
cloth_orn_104
clothorn_114
cloth_orn_133
cloth_orn_163
cloth_orn_164
cloth_orn_191
cloth_orn_203
coatplate_mtw_111
cobra_great_helm
common_cape2
cross-sword
corwn_helm
doomguidemace3
dragoncrusade3
dragonfang3
easternsaber
faceplate
flamerenov5
fur_orn_274
ghulam_helm2
gold_norse_eyehelm
hyren3
japanspear
keening3
lamellar_ssm_034
leather_bur_024
leather_mtw_34
lionsword3
luciendar23
maille_bur_034
maille_bur_044
maille_com_033
maille_mtw_142
maille_orn_111
maille_orn_151
maille_orn_153
mamluk_helm
metropolian_helm
my_zweihander
newmace_bronze3
normalsword
normanhelmwithcoif
padded_orn_171
padded_orn_172
padded_orn_173
padded_orn_174
padded_orn_201
padded_orn_204
plate_armor2
plate_silver
raptorsword
realaxea
realbastardaxe
        realbattleaxe
  realeliteswordscaba
realspadon_bez
real_glaive
realhalberd
realhalberdd
realknightaxe
realpolehammer
reinforced_great_helm
rhobaccus3
rhodocksword
rhodocksworb
rhodockswordscaba
round13
roudn18
Insert possible other rounds
saber13
saber23
sabre1
sabre2
sartheron3
shield_battle103
Insert possible other shields
shield_tear_27
shield_tear_28
shortsword1
silversword1
skullcap_coif
spagen_helmet_mesh
spikemace3
steelword1
sugarload_helm
talon
ullrvetr3
vanity413
viking2h
vikingaxeb
vikingswordf

Hello,

These are images for the Shadow Legion for 3.7: http://imgur.com/a/XMwaw#0

I decided they needed some work to not only retain their original look, but to also have a memorable look. Here I would like to show the non-finalized version of them. If I find that most of their items are good to go, then they will be finished. This armor will replace their old one.

Sorry for lack of posts on here. But they're not gonna stop!! :grin: Please feel free to share your thoughts!

Hello,

New "small" update for all you adoring fans of PoP. 3.7 is still being worked on and new stuff is coming along nicely. I have provided a preview for all you eager awaiting Pendorians, so with out further ado, here is the small update with descriptions: http://imgur.com/gallery/ZfD6w/new

Please shoot an upvote if you are happy with the changes and if you have any problems viewing or would like to state your opinion, please say so :smile:.

Edit: For those who can't view Imgur:

Orator Baccus Sword:

New whole mesh and textures to fully replace the Orator Baccus Sword that is wielded by Marius Imperator. 100% Credit goes to k0nr@d.
Orator%20Baccus%20Sword_zpsztyq880g.png

Orator Baccus Sword Sheath:

A new sheath to compliment this powerful weapon. 100% Credit goes to k0nr@d.
Orator%20Baccus%20Sword%20Sheathed_zpse2nvqd8g.png

Orator Baccus Sword Hilt/Crossguard Closeup:

Amazing detail gone into making this sword immensely special. 100% Credit goes to k0nr@d.
Orator%20Baccus%20Sword%20Hilt_zpsyod25nhz.png

Dragon's Tooth Sword:

New whole mesh and textures to fully replace the Dragon's Tooth sword that is wielded by King Gregory IV. The white-tinted steel helps keep the "tooth" name and to represent the snowy north that is Ravenstern. The scale inlay and the insertion of the Dragon's actually tooth makes this sword even more amazing. A scabbard will follow in due time. 100% Credit goes to k0nr@d.
Dragons%20Tooth%20Sword_zpsxxfgfja8.png

Dragon's Tooth Hilt/Crossguard Closeup:

The dragon symbolism is heavily implied in this amazing and stunning remake of this legendary sword. From the scales to the blue sapphire of Ravenstern, this sword can take anyone's breath away (literally). 100% Credit goes to k0nr@d.
Dragons%20Tooth%20Gem%20and%20Handle_zpsv4ddw8yi.png

Dragon's Tooth Side View:

You can see the Dragon's tooth from fabled legends inserted into the creation of this sword. Is it a real tooth? That is lost to time, but the sword is true to it's very own name. 100% Credit goes to k0nr@d.
Dragons%20Tooth%20Crossguard%20and%20Hilt_zpsficqqjwm.png

Just a small update to show you another step in the right direction :smile:

Finished version of the Pendor King Helmet is now redone and looks amazing! Credit belongs to k0nr@d!
Pendor%20King%20Helmet_zpsljfqmfna.png
Pendor%20King%20Helmet%20Side_zpsdw5byol6.png
Pendor%20King%20Helmet%20Ariel_zps35ktpgge.png

Until next time,

MitchyMatt

Hello!

This update shows you a few new updates k0nr@d has graciously provided for us thus far!! I'm excited to finally get these in-game to see how they look and they look amazing. I hope you share the same opinion.

Updated Items Include: Legion Helm, Immortal Helm, Cobra Helm, Pendor King Helm, and Dragon's Tooth. I have plenty more to show but that would ruin some of the surprise for when we finish. If considered, I will show them at a later time. Sorry if it seems dark, I just happen to choose a fight during the morning. NOTE: You may see some W.I.P. stuff like the "whiteish" armor. Pay no attention to that, only the above mentioned items are being displayed in their approved and finalized form! Enjoy!
2015-05-23_00001_zpsl3nkmteu.jpg

2015-05-23_00002_zpsxsxdrmez.jpg

2015-05-23_00010_zpsu5cyu2g7.jpg

2015-05-23_00009_zpsobpzaest.jpg

2015-05-23_00005_zpsxexmjckb.jpg

2015-05-23_00006_zpsczbvyegm.jpg

2015-05-23_00003_zpsbppqpfey.jpg

2015-05-23_00008_zpsi1bgq9ya.jpg

2015-05-23_00004_zps3pncnms0.jpg

2015-05-23_00007_zpset8wnoqt.jpg

Hello!

Since the last update, we have made some great progress on the unique items of Pendor. Over the years, the assets contained in the mod have varied significantly. In part of what I mean, old assets from Vanilla mod PoP to Warband PoP have been mixed in with more recent/better-looking items throughout the history of major updates. The problem with the aging PoP assets is that they are difficult to find similarities of and furthermore, hard to re-create. But given in recent time, I'm proud to show you some of the recent work we have gotten done with PoP 3.7!

Ravenstern 2H Sword has been redone with it's original look, but a much better looking mesh and texture. The sword is massive in size and now your Rangers will cut through your enemies with better frames one inch at a time! The work was done by our 3.7 artist k0nr@d. He has been doing amazing work and it's amazing he has captured the original look of the sword!:

2015-06-29_00003_zpsf1k3ojcw.jpg
2015-06-29_00004_zpsyx9chjvy.jpg
2015-06-29_00005_zps6stlcdzh.jpg

The Snake Cult has gotten some upgrades too, (from Amala that is :wink: )  Below you can see one of the helmets that was featured in a previous update, however their armor has gotten a significant upgrade to looks in terms of badassery. The second set of pictures below is: Cobra/Anaconda respectively so you can expect them to have different looking armor as well! Sairtar has generously given consent to add these to the units to make them much better looking! The original intent was to have these appear on units in 4.0, but as that turned out, that didn't happen and collected dust since. However they have been found, reworked for color schemes and can now be seen on the battlefield! Thanks Sairtar for your amazing work on these!

2015-06-29_00007_zpsq4vbxxlq.jpg
Snake%20Cult%20armors_zpsk0lkrav2.png

Last but not least, the Empire Legionnaire has been completely reworked from it's orignal design. They now are more faction-oriented and represent their faction with utmost favor. The helmet, armor, sword, and shield have all been redone and look absolutely amazing in game, to the point where these screenshots do no justice. They are amazingly intricate and have been done with originality in mind, the end result being fantastic! I know what I'm wearing once this gets going! k0nr@d has graciously worked on these pieces from the start, except this is his first body piece of armor he has done and I can't wait to see what he has next!

2015-06-29_00006_zps9c0oizq4.jpg
2015-06-29_00002_zpsbfz3kpyk.jpg
2015-06-29_00008_zpsdxb7o4ba.jpg
2015-06-29_00009_zps7vmasgjt.jpg

Be sure to thank these guys for their amazing work and dedication to something we do for fun and in our free time, they worked hard for it and deserve all utmost respect.

Hello!

It's been 2 months since the last update, and during that period of time, lots of work was done (I know right)! I'm proud to show off some comparison shots of old/new; new/old screenshots of what you can expect to see in 3.7. I hope you enjoy the work that was put into these items as many of the new ones are created by k0nr@d and some are from OSPs (as some item are more generic to find).

Please let us know your ideas and or thoughts :smile:!

First set includes some OSP changes to some chainmail/tabbard armors you may be familiar with in the game. I think they have become more astehtically pleasing than what is currently in the mod:

Surcoat%201_zpsmg34pnr8.png
Surcoat%204_zpsb8qtaywx.png
Surcoat%203_zpsyeg2hq2p.png
Surcoat%202_zpse3mjqttz.png

Here we have some changes to the Singalian Armor sets that you may have seen in older previews, I decided to get comparison shots between the changes and think they look much more defined:

Singalian%202_zpsh7odswft.png
Singalian%201_zpsbtncrgmf.png

Next up we have Valdis Waraxe used by the Fierdsvain King! This axe got a tremendous update and looks amazing, in the hands of the wielder that is!:

Waraxe%201_zps0lyyjfhz.png

Behold! The fabrication of such powerful weapons needed much more detail in the land of Pendor. So our smithy took great pride into forging a new look for this weapons of lore and legend. The Rune 1H sword has gotten a major uplift as well and each with it's own respective upgrade paths for those who want their swords to look pretty AND DEADLY.

Rune%20Sword%201_zpshwmncamr.png
Rune%20Sword%202_zps2ckhmtxi.png
Rune%20Sword%203_zpsuszlaasw.png
Rune%20Sword%204_zpshxmkrbnj.png

Some popular shields have gotten a new look as well! The Ancient Engraved Shield along with the Empire Immortal Shield. Each now sporting a more shiny and recognizable texture for those who want to know what their enemies or friendlies are using!

Ancient%20Shield%201_zpsmcblgpaq.png
Immortal%20Shield%201_zpsrvze6tgj.png

Here we have some new generic helmet upgrades! Now gone are the days where your enemies make your eyes bleed with those old ugly meshes and textures and welcome a new host of beautiful generic bad-asses who want nothing more than to keep your head protected while looking sexy.

Kettle%202_zpsq5wzoppk.png
Infantry%20Helm%201_zpshdnyf6zb.png
Kettle%201_zpspllrneam.png

Here we have some Empire Upgrades! Here you can see the Immortal Armor redone by 4LeafClover several years ago, when it was going to be implemented in other routes. However it never made it to the base game, until 3.7 comes along! The Empire Infantry Armor seen has been done by k0nr@d and it looks so much better than the old brown original, it is a welcome addition to the Empire ranks.

Empire%20Armor%201_zpsarovhcji.png
Immortal%201_zpsust4gxx6.png

Further down the list we have some Dread Legion updates! These soldiers of the damned now sport ragged, beat up, rancid, pieces of armor that once belonged to them before their corruption in the Snake Pits. in the Empire lands. These warriors are something only the bravest shall fight head on, or die trying!

Dread%20Legion%201_zpsh9ekzhky.png
Dread%20Legion%202_zpsp1vc3lne.png
Dread%20Legion%203_zpswzhjl1kj.png

Last, but certainly not most least, we have another set of Rune weapons fresh from the forge! These are the 2H Rune Sword that are much more defined and deadly for combat than it's predecessor. Rune 2.0 patch has been set and will be coming to a PoP module near you in the future!

Rune%202h%201_zpsgkolv3xj.png
Rune%202h%204_zpsqz0bmo2q.png
Rune%202h%203_zpsff2wnq4s.png
Rune%202h%202_zps4lgtmbwo.png

This concludes Update 10! Remember to let us know your thoughts and constructive criticisms as we are striving to bring the best content to the best fans out there. Enjoy!

Hello!

It's been a bit since we had a new update on assets, but rest assured that progress has been made and the amount of work done has reached an amazing altitude. When I first took the reigns starting to do this, I think I got in-over myself, not realziing how much work can go into something that seems relatively simple. But the finish line is over the horizon and it is steadily approaching, we will get there!!

Today's update won't include all the work we've done so far, however it will include some very great pieces that have been made. There has been a long time coming for the Noldor assets, as they we're left behind as most things got done, well k0nr@d was able to pull through and create some fantastic pieces that not only presevers their imagery, but their style is much more pleasing. He went as far as to adjust engravings/colors to old descriptions of the Noldor stated by Saxondragon in the development forum.

Somethings aren't finished, as there is still a handful to do, and like I stated before not everything is shown. ALSO, lots of armors now have, get this, a feminized mesh! So depending on the sex of the character wearing the armor, it will adjust accordingly, awesome stuff! (not applicable with all armors however). Without further ado, please enjoy :smile:!

Not much here except that the Mettenheim F. Hope had a helmet swap, rather than having the Noldor Captain Helmet you'll see below, they got the Warrior Helm as it fits better. (subject to change)

2015-11-25_00002_zpsdnetyc4j.jpg

Was hosting a small skirmish to take some photos and caught a Empire Pikeman and their new torso armor. It's very well-done and a great piece to accompany Empire soldiers into battle!

2015-11-25_00003_zpsgjs0k1tx.jpg

Here we have some of the more-generic armor pieces you see Knights/Rouges wear in battle, They wear more crisp detailed pieces and they are using the original Warband Native armors, with new textures of course :smile: Original -> New at the top.

pa_pop_coatofplatesb_zpsexdmvbyx.jpg

Here we have another redo with the Rune weapons, the glaives. They look sweet and I'm sure more people will being to use them now as they are more defining and cool to wield! I'll certaainly consider it :smile:

pole01d_zpsf832qjgh.jpg

Next up we have some of the new Noldor assets! Bout time right!! These look stunning in the game and pictures do no justice. I stress some things are still being worked on/tweaked. But I hope you guys enjoy these items as much as I do.

Here we have the updated Noldor Ranger, his garb now more protected and beautiful than ever. Also, the smithys have been busy and pushed out a new helmet, how nice!!

2015-11-25_00006_zpsrkzzuuya.jpg
2015-11-25_00008_zpsvlucx6jn.jpg
2015-11-25_00005_zpszs1wofgl.jpg
2015-11-25_00011_zps3t7iqagg.jpg
noldor11m_zpspp19uirf.jpg

Next on the list we have the revamp of the Noldor Warriors, a lower caste of Noldor who aspire to be like their inspiring commanders, these guys not only still pack a punch, but they look styling while they do!

2015-11-25_00007_zpstkothzkh.jpg
2015-11-25_00004_zpsldkrshb5.jpg
2015-11-25_00010_zps3aznqe2m.jpg
noldor10k_zpsgbmudgvb.jpg

Here we have some isolated pictures that pertain to the Noldor assets!

We start off with some new Noldor Leather Boots that company the feetsies of these pesky elves, they are going to be the new trend in Pendor soon, just you wait!

pa_pop_boots_01b_zpsfirbwd0r.jpg
2015-11-25_00009_zpsb7vusclq.jpg

Last but now least, we have the Noldor Noble armor and the Noldor Ancient armor! These things looks sweet and once they're shown with the complete set on their respective units, they will look amazing!!

noldor12m_zps8mqiodvx.jpg
noldor13h_zpsfxyj6rj0.jpg

Hope you enjoy the update :smile:!

*Dread Legion we're hurt in the making of this update.

Hello!

Here's a small teaser and screenies of a few things you can expect to find in 3.7!

This spoiler contains the new Noldor Knight Helm that you will see accompanying the heads of Noldor Knights and Nobles! IT'S FREAKIN AWESOME.

n.helm%201_zpsjtg10erp.png

n.helm%203_zpsu4uhcjz8.png

n.helm%202_zpskiou1v3p.png

n.helm%205_zpsliih4zkg.png

n.helm%204_zpslmasaf5j.png

Next we have the map changes!

2015-12-08_00001_zpsfragu4xt.jpg

2015-12-08_00003_zps88srhhiz.jpg

2015-12-08_00002_zps6gsrdfto.jpg

Thanks OP, this is 'exactly' why I came back to the forums.
Good to see you guys are still working on things.

That is a very promising piece of armor, I especially like the contoured chest plate. 

Do you intend to maintain the Empire's color scheme? Yellow/Black

Definitely. Red is reserved for Sarleon. However, a simple recolouring of the fabric is relatively easy, so for the time being we're mostly dealing with the general structure of the armour, aiming for something that provides the proper "What-if-Rome-made-it-to-the-middle-ages"-feeling.

I do not have suggestion bluntly about some ideas , but...

You seem to be more focus on graphical side of the game and esthetic, which is fine. However, few questions.

Will that means upping minimal req. system for this game to work?
While doing new armor and weapons, will you balance them yet? Current weapons are okey , damage wise . But again esthetically some of them are pretty ugly looking. Now, I don't mind it at all. What I do mind is no obvious distinction between the nations in form of weapons and armor about usefulness not esthetic.

What Im talking about? Well for example.

Sarleon are known as good riders , with exceptional knighthoods .
D'Shar are known as good archers and mobile force etc etc.

They all have (more or less) distinctive armor and weapons. But not much usefulness, player wise. My English is not native , its hard to say ... I as a player maybe want to play by the book, choose one nation and use its weapons and all what is strong and good that they can offer and play with that particular style of fighting.

But its really hard to play fully as D'Shar bowmen if they have pretty mediocre bows that do not stand in fight. In fact Sarlean Armor Archers have one of the best medium level bow in the game. Which is pretty funky.(speaking about foot soldier for example)

Would be very lovely in my opinion if you can implement( But I hardly know anything technical) for each city to generate weapons and armor according to what that nation use in their armies *with neutral armor/weapons* . And balance those weapons in a way like Fierdsvain having two-hand swords that are slow on swing but reach further then other two-hand sword nations, but being not that much slower or not slow at all to be clearly distinctively better then others, because  Fierdsvain nation tactics is long sword and big strong shield mix troops.
And Im not gonna even start about shields , Fierdsvain suppose to be Iron wall, but goddamn everyone have better shields then them. Im not saying you should clearly buff one nation. But balance them according to their style of play and make appealing to the player, to actually use their weapons.
Or the easier way, creating endgame weapons for each nation :grin:

Anyway, more. I want to ask about ability to smith. Creating buffs on weapons and/or buying them. For example. Being able to repair sword that have "bent" and add "polish" "sharp" or whatever that can be lost after some time. Is such thing possible to create? - If yes. That would be awesome idea to utilize items on the market , such as gold/iron etc. In order to create some stuff, or buying it from the smith for a cost and materials. Killing two flies with one stone , adding more game variety and utilizing market materials for something other then being pretty there. Because honestly. Materials there have no purpose.

Something like in that Az-ziz mines with wine, to buff your sword. But not as such drastic buff and no visual distinction.

Actually that is a major misconception about the D'Shar - they are primarily melee infantry, not archers and not cavalry. Their having mediocre bows is because their archers are there for harassment and not killing. The traits you highlight there are more Ravenstern.

As to the Fierdsvain shields, in the low to mid tier they do reign supreme. It is only the Knightly Kites and Heaters which are better, and that's because those are wielded by Knighthood Troops, and the Fierdsvain Knighthood troop is not a tank unlike Sarleon or Ravenstern.

*Ehm-ehm*
Since you mentioned that there will be some retexturing, how about something like this?

mb_warband_2014_03_31_21_32_39_20.jpg

mb_warband_2014_03_31_21_35_31_86.jpg

mb_warband_2014_03_31_21_43_00_69.jpg

mb_warband_2014_03_31_21_36_40_86.jpg

These are (imo) veeeery badass-looking fierdsvain berserkers, jatu warlords and barclay lancers from one modification of PoP. Also some good armor which really looks like true king's armor.
I don't mean to advertise anything, I just really loved those 4 armor sets and should you like them too and decide to add something like that in the new official version of PoP, that would be just awesome.

Oh, and the last thing i liked:

mb_warband_2014_03_31_22_05_55_43.jpg
Noldor spirit horses from the same mod. I think this way they look more like the best horses in the game than in original PoP.

Thank you for submision on offering ideas of armors, but that would be said for the suggestion thread.

However, none of those helmets would fit the Vanskerries or the Fierdsvain. They don't field heavy plate nor knight helms. Just because something has a horn, doesn't mean it's to be associated with a culture in Pendor. One of those helms looks like some cheesy helm from Final Fantasy or something. Lol

The armor looks cool, however it could be from a game they did not get permission for as it looks like a lot of detail and they just rigged it and skeletonized it. That's just going on a hitch. But I don't see that being put in the game anywhere specific.

We aren't touching the Noldor currently. Nor do we have plans to anytime soon.

Actually I didn't even notice that all of them had horns. They only drew my attention in case of BL.
In case of FB I liked the general style - more logical climate-wise and scarier, not just some crazy half-naked dudes. The idea remains the same - light armor (including helmet), just looks better (imo).
In case of JW I liked everything except helmets - huge horses and interesting, impressive body armor.
The "king's armor" was an exclusive armor set a player could find in a game in a hidden chest, no other warriors used it.

Actually, these armours look very much like something from a role playing game. As a general rule armours like these tend to be overdetailed and have rather unrealistic features like double and triple pauldrons, metal applications everywhere and lots of ornaments. In actual combat these armours would be a deathtrap, as they would not deflect blows, but would rather "guide" the blows towards the vulnerable joints.

Pure role-playing games tend to use this kind of armour for the player's visual amazement, so his character can look cool and stylish. However, this would heavily conflict with the proper high/late-medieval light fantasy setting of Pendor.
(Any kind of fantasy elements tend to misguide people into thinking anything can be allowed, but introducing elves and gods does not disable basic physics, mind you.)

yes, but isn't M&B a RP game?
Personally, those armors (btw, do they remind you of Sauron/LOTR armor?!) are the best armor sets i've seen.
-the detail on that shield and helmet is amazing.
-the carvings and intricacies of the chest is phenomonal.
-the general level of detail and attention to it is superb
-the general effect is....aaaah!
WHERE CAN I FIND THIS MOD?! so that i can make ALL MY armors look so bloody amazing.
thanks

At least 50% of MB is strategy and the other half does not really resemble classical single or multiplayer roleplaying games like the Elder Scrolls or WoW. The latter, especially the very latter, are well known for featuring such silly but awesome looking armours.
The scope of MB and PoP in particular is a different one though - strategy, tactics, amazing lore and some more down to earth roleplaying, that does not need fancy suits of strangely shaped armour.

The armor in the OP is looking nice, it will be a big improvement to the legionnaires.  It's nice to see some updates on what is being worked on.

Joshua Ryde said:
WHERE CAN I FIND THIS MOD?!
Do I find it on the Skyrim Nexus? I think I might try it if that's what it was for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom