Prophesy of Pendor Dev Update Board (UPDATED 12/08/15)

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The lance wouldn't be a problem if the AI were smart enough to not use it as close combat weapon all the time  :???:

As it is would I consider these long lances as one of the worst weapon you can give your troops. Shorter lances like the one used by the  Jatu would do better since they need less room and they would also fit the theme of roman like troops better.

Hi MitchyMatt. This is really nice piece of armor, much better then the old one.

Do you plan to change an ugly model of two handed axe (dblhead_ax from Native), which is used by Fierdsvain Berserkers or Eyegrim the Devourer and his Fallen army, as well? For my private game I created replacement, but it would be nice to see some new models made by POP team.

Axe2HSculla.jpg

One question I have. The future Pendor 3.7 is all about polishing some things or will contain new modifications? Or, even better, both :idea:?

k0nr@d said:
Hi MitchyMatt. This is really nice piece of armor, much better then the old one.

Do you plan to change an ugly model of two handed axe (dblhead_ax from Native), which is used by Fierdsvain Berserkers or Eyegrim the Devourer and his Fallen army, as well? For my private game I created replacement, but it would be nice to see some new models made by POP team.

Axe2HScull.jpg

I plan on trying to give as much attention to everything to make it look nice and similar to an older model. I will surely look at that item and in time you may see it replaced, hopefully :smile:

cristi77 said:
One question I have. The future Pendor 3.7 is all about polishing some things or will contain new modifications? Or, even better, both :idea:?

I'm doing lots of refurbishing nnd removal. I plan on looking at a few things brought up that need tweaking. Nothing super code-inbeded however.

MitchyMatt said:
Ivor said:
Armor looks cool guys,  but the empire broadsword doesn't

I'm looking into it. Maybe spathae will be a good replacement, then again, it be unpractical in a medieval type setting.
Well, it is the Shadow Legion, which is based off along with the rest of the Empire (At least it seems to be to me) on the Greeks/Roman Legions. If its still deemed unworthy, it could be labeled as a hereditary weapon from the days of the Baccus Empire, and as such a heirloom of the Legion Armories, along with their unique armor.

Hmm. I like the overall look of the armor quite a bit. However, the plume (I think that's what they're called) sticks out a little too much IMO. I know it's using the Empire's colours but at a distance, the bright yellow is going to be the main thing your eye picks up, drawing away from the beautiful sea of darkness.

Still, I do think it's an overall improvement.

RedDeadFred said:
Hmm. I like the overall look of the armor quite a bit. However, the plume (I think that's what they're called) sticks out a little too much IMO. I know it's using the Empire's colours but at a distance, the bright yellow is going to be the main thing your eye picks up, drawing away from the beautiful sea of darkness.

Still, I do think it's an overall improvement.

I was thinking the same thing. The yellow just seems so bright that its out of place on the Shadow Legion.

It's old Baccus colors and they are devoted to the old ways of the old empire. They will sport that color and are finalized.

You're all used to the bluish/black tint that they consist of now. So you's shall have to get used to a new color.

mike56 said:
These legionaires of the shadow Legion look awesome. Will you change their shields also? They still look too M&B'ish.

Cheers!

Maybe, it's not a major priority, but if I can find something to get rid of in the items list and replace with a shield, perhaps. What do you mean by M&Bish?

MitchyMatt said:
mike56 said:
These legionaires of the shadow Legion look awesome. Will you change their shields also? They still look too M&B'ish.

Cheers!

Maybe, it's not a major priority, but if I can find something to get rid of in the items list and replace with a shield, perhaps. What do you mean by M&Bish?

I mean the shields still look with these terrible M&B textures, and the models look like they are not using the correct texture materials. Wooden shields shine like they were steel shields, and steel shields don't shine... and so on  :mrgreen:

I will look for some OSP items, I'm sure theres something you can use!

Hi!

Firstly i would like to thank you for your hard work!

secondly u already did much and also great revamps of empire units, keep up the good work :smile:

Now some of my Wishes\questions\ideas:

- R u the only one who works on this mod in this moment? If yes i wish some more ppl would join your team cuz i rly love this mod and i want to play new version as soon as its possible :wink:

- I know that my ideas are possible to be implemented in this mod cuz most of them already is present in Brytenwalda!

- Expanded diplomacy ( aliances between factions, trade agreements, possibility to not only ask for truce but to demand for example money or villages, towns, castles or units to firm up a truce, possibility to increase faction relations by money not only with major factions like sarleon but also for example rouge knights, outlaws etc (its hard to do it the hard way)

- More companies roaming the land, also mercenary companies which u can bribe so the will work for u. It would be good to be able to bribe for example outlaws or some heroes like alaric von brouhaha  or Wolfbode so they would work for us.

- More buildings, ruins and places on the map so we could explore them in a bit more rpg diablo like style.

- Posobility to work in your own profession like blackshmit for example and ability to make weapons and armors or in bakery so u can sell what u make and get money.

- Mby gambling games and some sports?

- possibility to kill lords, kings and their  wifeys, children.

- order assasinations or be ordered to do so.

- be able to abduct for example wife of lord and make him do what we want for example to join our kingdom.

- More things that u can buy in shops

- More armors, weapons and horses for example Heraldic Horses woudl be great and it seems its quite easy to do so:smile:

- More big, complex quests and more randoms quests, random encounters.

- more dialogs between our avatar and lords, shopkeepers, random ppl like villagers, townsppl etc about for example weather so we could immerse more in the game.

- have your own descendant it coudl be  random so u dont know if ull have  son or  daughter, after u have them they would work as normal lords or daughters so u could make your daughter marry some lords or your son take a bride. Also if u would quarrel with your son he  could become pretendent to throne of your own kingdom or leave u to join other  faction. Elements of this mechanism are present mostly in brytenwalda but some r present in prophecy of pendor alread :razz:

Like i said those r mine ideas and im sure it would be great to have them implemented in this great game cuz its shame  to call this mod a mod its so vast it must be called a game :razz:
I want to say it again most of those things are already present in other mods and rest is possible to be done.
I hope u and ur team will try to think about this  cuz like i said im sure atleast some of those ideas are interesting to be considered.

In advance thx for reading and considering this.

First of all if you read the first post in this thread MitchyMatt is focusing on visual revamps along with some minor unit editing, mostly by himself as the project died away over a year ago.  There is also a clear suggestion thread on this board which would be a better place to have posted these.  Secondly, just because one mod uses an idea, doesn't mean another mod can, as taking someone else's code without permission is wrong, and trying to combine different mods can lead to conflicts in sections of code that are too buggy to resolve.  Thirdly many of the elements you mention don't fit the theme of this mod, which is making just about everything about native more challenging while adding some low-fantasy background.  This is not a mod for the player to be an ordinary worker, a gambler, or anything other than a warband leader, I would recommend Rigale if you want that sort of thing.  Fourthly, many of the actions you describe I haven't seen in any mod, and seem to be against elements of the original engine or the supplemental code already in place for the mod, although I cannot say any are totally impossible. Finally, if you were really interested in having content added to the game, you should really volunteer something of your own to improve the mod.  Criticism in response to prompts from the devs is one thing, but asking for so many difficult additions without any help achieving them is rude.  Plus, you are more likely to get your way if you use proper grammar, punctuation, and spelling instead of 1337SP34K. 

I don't want to kill your enthusiasm for this game, community, or mod, but I felt you could use some advice on how to better utilize this forum and communicate with modders.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom