Mount&Blade Warband NVIDIA SHIELD FAQ Thread!

Users who are viewing this thread

Hello Forumers!

This is the place to get answers about the NVIDIA SHIELD version of Mount&Blade Warband - the first mobile platform release of a Mount&Blade game!

Frequently Asked Questions:-

Q: What kind of support does this feature for the NVIDIA SHIELD?
A: Optimization to run at a high framerate during gameplay and full gamepad support for all aspects of the game.

Q: What is the significance of Mount&Blade Warband being available on Tegra 4?
A: This is the first non-PC version of any Mount&Blade game!

Q: Does this support all the features of the Native PC version?
A: Yes, this is Mount&Blade Warband as you know it from the PC.

Q: How do the gamepad controls work for combat?
A: It's with a similar logic to the PC. You look in the direction you want to attack or block by using the right stick instead of the mouse.

Q: How was such a complex and deep game as Mount&Blade Warband made playable on a mobile device?
A: The power of Tegra 4 enabled us to develop for the mobile platform. Prior to its release we simply couldn't imagine how a full Mount&Blade game would be viable for mobile. We feel that players will really enjoy the experience of having Mount&Blade in their hands!

Q: What is the appeal for gamers of the Tegra 4 version?
A: This gives gamers the unique opportunity to play Mount&Blade away from their PC. You can now take sandbox kingdom conquering action gameplay wherever you go!

Personally, I'll prefer PC. I'll expect that the gameplay will be as limited in comparison to its PC version, as any console game would be. Like comparing Halo on Xbox to Halo on PC.

That said, I think it would be a great way to spend free time while travelling. Conquer Calradia on your plane, bus, or train. Beats out a lot of other things certainly.

Captain Lust said:
Rallix said:
Personally, I'll prefer PC. I'll expect that the gameplay will be as limited in comparison to its PC version, as any console game would be. Like comparing Halo on Xbox to Halo on PC.
It's the full game.
I realize that. I did read the thread. The problems I expect lie in the limits of a console style controller, which while sufficient for play from what I see in the video, will not be as smooth as PC.
This combined with the lack of mod support will mean that people will be playing M&B on PC when available, and on this when it is not.

I'm just saying that this thing is what it is, Native Mount & Blade Warband, controlled with sticks and buttons instead of keyboard and mouse. Console style controllers lack the fine grain control of a Mouse. But nobody promised that, so I guess I'm just restating the obvious.

This is cool though. Never really expected M&B to come this far.
I mean, I knew Mount & Blade had the potential to be done this way, and pioneer a genre. But just taking the forum as an example, the number of users has multiplied by ten since I joined it.

This release is another landmark in Taleworld's steady advance in the making of my favourite genre.

This is totally awesome!
And a valid excuse for one year of silence about Bannerlord.  :wink:

M.ArdA said:
It's for all the android devices that with Tegra 4.
Is there any chance that other high-end SoCs will be supported in the future?
The Snapdragon 800 and Exynos 5 seem capable enough. Unless you rely on Tegra-specific optimizations of course.

Impressive!  :grin:

Though i'm curious how will the game adapt to the wicked world of the consoles considering it has really sticked to the keyboard and mouse.

I'm not even certain if i'm ready for this  :cry:.

Seriously?

Of course it will be for the PC. Its their target platform and always has been. This is more of a tech demo in a sense to show that the games CAN run on consoles without issues.

+ It just brings them in some additional income

Hi there, my device was listed as incompatible - Xiaomi Millet 3, is it only a google store issue or the game wont work at all ?

Back
Top Bottom