~[FH]~ZOMBIES server

Users who are viewing this thread

*~[FH]~ZOMBIES

updated 11/25/2014 
Hey guys! With the popularity of the zombie mode for napoleonic wars, we (the FH) decided to put up a server dedicated to it. One major drawback Zombie servers usually face is the need for very strict and heavy moderation. To solve this issue, we added some scripts that make the server not rely at all on admins to run this mode.

Features (from scripts) :
  • Auto-switching of survivors when they get killed by zombies
  • Normal Zombies can only be partizani
  • Zombies cannot shoot, pick up guns or ammo
  • Zombies cannot switch back to survivors
  • Zombies run much faster, but are weaker
  • Rounds end when all survivors are dead, all players are then switched back to survivors
  • There can be one Alpha Zombie, which is stronger and more resistant than normal zombies (line militia class)
  • Bonuses:
    • Survivors gain reloading speed by killing more zombies
    • Zombies do more damage the more they kill
    • Zombies get more health the more they die

It is also going to feature a big rotation of "creepy" (mostly night/foggy/rainy) custom maps.

Rules:
  • Be respectful of other players (no racism, tks, or general douchery)
  • Survivors have to be reachable at all times (no pillaring, sky forts or any structure that can be made unreachable)
  • No recruiting

Our servers are hosted in Dallas, Texas. We use Quantum Impulse Gaming server hosting! Here's a link for some more info on Andy's servers http://www.fsegames.eu/forum/index.php?topic=10085.0, providing great ping for anyone in North America.

Hope you like it.

We added a bunch of features and balanced a couple of things, here's the changelog :

• Added an Alpha Zombie (line militia), stronger/faster/more resistant than normal zombies
  • Normal zombies are now weaker at the start
  • Zombies partially ignore the slowness caused by water
  • Added bonuses:
    • Zombies get more health by dying
    • Zombies do more damage after each kill
    • Survivors reload faster after each kill
  • It is no longer possible to spam tnt. Only less than three tnt crates can be present on the map at any given time
  • Zombies spawn more frequently with bottles

Feedback about the balance, gameplay or server in general would be greatly appreciated.

Hey paper salad are you able to unban people? Because my appeal to you leader went rather unproffesionally. My in-game name iis Meridius_Julius

Hey, so one of your buddies just was randomly banning people for seemingly nothing, just randomly banned a guy and then became very irate and rude when asked why he banned the person. His name was Jamie Lannister. I believe he may be of the age of approximately 12, as he seemed to not understand human logic and kept telling me that I had no right to know why my friend was banned for just playing the game within your rules. The only thing we can seemingly determine for the causation of the ban was that he killed one of the admins fairly in combat and then was immediately banned.

If this is how you want to run a server, that is fantastic, but you should expect that the rather small community of Mount & Blade : Napoleonic Wars will not put up with it if you to continue to be generally rude and randomly harass players. Pirate battles used to have this same attitude and look at how dead their server is now...

Hey Troubadour, thanks for your concern.
I've just checked the logs and the person who banned Andronom wasn't jamie, who is not and admin and only a merc and not a permanent member of the FH. He was banned because he was destroying fortifications built by a friendly sapper, Jello simply put the notifications in the wrong chat so you couldn't see it. After Jello left, the other players couldn't answer to your accusations and undertandably got annoyed by your insistance.

Andronom was only temporarily banned so he should be able to rejoin as of now.

Paper_Salad said:
Hey Troubadour, thanks for your concern.
I've just checked the logs and the person who banned Andronom wasn't jamie, who is not and admin and only a merc and not a permanent member of the FH. He was banned because he was destroying fortifications built by a friendly sapper, Jello simply put the notifications in the wrong chat so you couldn't see it. After Jello left, the other players couldn't answer to your accusations and undertandably got annoyed by your insistance.

Andronom was only temporarily banned so he should be able to rejoin as of now.

I see, he wasn't though. I was in teamspeak with him and he wasn't doing that. It wasn't the first time that night that someone was wrongfully banned. Someone complained about someone blocking a door way and then some other guy not related to the incident was banned.

We were very confused and were just trying to figure out why it happened so that we could get it clarified, because we figured it was just another case of a mistaken identity ban. I have no doubt that someone was breaking fortifications , but it was not Andronom. They just need to be more careful with identifying who is the problematic person as it's pretty frustrating to be banned for someone else's transgressions.

I understand. These kind of mistakes can and will happen, it is not easy running a server with the amount of people seemingly bent on breaking the rules. This is why we try not to perma-ban people unless they've repeatedly broke the rules. There's not much we can do to prevent this kind of issues, but we do give the possibility to appeal to our decisions and remove bans.

I have a complaint about Mr_CharmleyWarner.

i barricaded myself in a room with a lot of sandbags, fences, etc... He then comes in and starts destroying all my stuff saying that I'm unreachable when I am clearly reachable. I got killed minutes early because of his idiocy..He then proceeded to troll me the next round by destroying all my defenses every time I put them up while on the same team as me. We all got killed by zombies way earlier then we should have.. This guy is a troll. I think he should be banned for only an hour or two but he needs to be taught a lesson.

Hello, I go as "Boog" on the zombies server, I'm a frequent who plays pretty much every day. Without a doubt my favorite server.

I just got banned today with no warning and I'm so confused. I think the admin banned me instead of another guy by mistake. There was 3 players left on humans, me my friend and another dude. Me and my friend were just hiding, however the third guy was alone and had built this huge unreachable tower out of sandbags. All I heard was "he's on sandbags and unreachable, against the rules!!!!" then I was banned. SOOO CONFUSED.

This is by far my favorite server, I respect the admins and all the rules in place, I'm not one to troll and break rules. I hope this can be looked into because I think was just a simple error, I want to start playing again!

Thank you so much! :grin: Sorry for any inconvenience.

On another note, I noticed something that's slightly annoying at times, not sure if it's like this for a reason.
Often times when I play on off hours when there's maybe around 10 players, NO ONE wants to go zombie. I usually volunteer myself but it gets old.

Would it maybe be possible to work in a script where a zombie is automatically selected for when no one wants to volunteer? I know the teams already lock to balance it but I guess that only works so well.

Besides that, nothing but good things to say about this server. Professional admins, sweet maps, and awesome scripts. I really love that the server traffic has come back up  recently too.

For a strange and unknown reason i've been perma banned from your server. I was playing with a friend and then i got team killed. I then respawned back in as a survivor and then i got killed by a zombie. I left the game after that round and i haven't been able to join back since. Sorry if i broke any rules however i'm pretty sure i didn't, i wasn't unreachable, i didn't troll of team kill back the person that killed me, i didn't insult them and i was certainly not hacking. 

So I just got(hopefully) temp banned for building a staircase with fences. I was reachable(you could walk up there). So first the admin kicked me(without any warning). I rejoined and asked why. After he said I was unreachable I said no I am not. Then he said sky forts are not allowed(remember I was reachable and he knew that). I said thats not in the rules. And the he said I was unreachable again(players actually followed me up there so no I was not). Then I gotgot a bit angry and said he should look unreachable up(sorry for that) and only 5 seconds later. Banned. No warning nothing. Only for arguing with him. So some feedback/knew rules
- Put no  glitching in any way in the rules(if you want it like that)
- Dont make up rules on the fly
- Never NEVER ban players for and while arguing. Thats just stupid. Thats why people call you a bad admin

The admin who banned me was either palpatine or the Barkmark guy(dont know the name)

Edit: I love this Server btw play on it a lot and have it in my favorits.

On our server being unreachable includes being somewhere that can easily be made unreachable, like sky forts. It seems it's more a misunderstanding than anything. Next time, before arguing with admins, try figuring what you might have done wrong. Our admins are only trusted members of our group and you should just listen when they tell you not to do something. Admins do make mistakes sometimes but it's not something you should be expecting. Also, arguing with admins serves absolutely no purpose but to annoy everyone else. If you want to debate rules, do it here.

As for the rule, we might change the wording to make more understandable for some people, but the meaning of it never changed. Nobody is making up anything, ask anyone that's played on the server from the start. As for being bad admins, well, I don't think anyone of us cares. Admining is a chore, it has it's perks, but most times is just playing the recess supervisor at a kindergarten. Being called bad without real reason only means the kids are pissy today.

As for the unban, give me your ID if you can or at least the date and time and I'll see about it.

But like I said you should clarify that in the rules. Its realy confusing and leads to missunderstandings like this one. The possibilty of being unreachable and actually being unreachable is something different  :smile:

I am just saying that it never looks good(if you are an admin or not) to use your power to punish someone you dont agree with. Everyone was a bit pissed of I understand that.

Back
Top Bottom