[UNAC S3] Pre-Season Discussion

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eternal said:
DG5_K1_Aw.png
What's New?

With the team captain meeting concluded and with the great majority of future changes determined, we'd like to make it easy for team captains and members to know exactly what's different in UNAC Season 3 compared to previous tournaments. If you'd like to know the complete list of changes and what the rules look like now, please consult William's thread on the topic. With that said, let's move on to the list.

Rule Changes:
[list type=decimal]
[*]The map choosing system has been changed. The duel is still in place, but every map from the map pool is now available for teams to choose from at the beginning of the tournament. However, once a team has chosen a map, that map cannot be chosen by that team for the rest of the round-robin part of the tournament. Map pools reset for all teams at the beginning of the single elimination stage.

[*]7v7 are still the mandatory match numbers, but if a team drops one or more player in the middle of a match, the team will be forced to continue playing.  Matches will no longer be rescheduled to compensate for dropped players. So long as both teams started the match at 7v7, the match will continue.

[*]Stricter delay rules. The time between sets should be no more than five minutes and the time between maps should be no more than ten minutes.

[*]If a tournament admin requests a server admin print all IDs, they must do so.  Additionally, all servers must be set to private mode.

[*]Divisions will remain, but the single elimination stage has been expanded to include eight teams. For the single elimination portion, third map choice rules have been changed. "In the event of a tied match, the teams will compete on a third map. A new duelist for each team will be chosen to duel for the map choice. The duel will be first to five. Faction picks are reset for this map. This map will be played as if it was any normal map."

[*]"The four teams that lose their matches in the quarterfinals of the Single Elimination will play in the Promotion bracket. The winner of this bracket will become the fifth seed of UNAC."

[*]A player on a team cannot join another team after Week 2 of the tournament.

[*]Looking through walls is considered cheating. Cheating rules will be strictly enforced.

[*]Many maps will be changed by Zaffa in order to make it more difficult to cheat and to make the gameplay experience more enjoyable.

[*]Ten players per team is the minimum.
[/list]

Needs to be discussed then.

Cradoc said:
Needs to be discussed then.

If you're talking about the Divisions, that's what this whole post was trying to do:
Nord Champion said:
Ok, please stay on topic.

Its a shame that not many people showed up to the meeting. However, we still need to settle the debate about how ties should be handled and if/how we should do away with the brackets. I would like some actual discussion on this, instead of one or two people posting. I'm trying to make these rules based on public opinion, its kinda hard when your opinion is a secret.

So basically, if you guys would be so kind, please post the following:

Keep tie rules: Yes or No
-If no, do you support Marnid's tie rules: Yes or No
Keep the brackets: Yes or No
-If no, what system do you support:

I know the second question is a bit obvious at this point, but I still want to see people's opinions.

But it seems many people are too indisposed to respond, as only 3 people responded using it, and only about 5 people total responding to that post in general. So it is up to the admins now.

The Pizza said:
Nobody responded yes to divisions. Shouldn't that say something?

Only about four out of the whole community said "No", out right. One even said it depends on how many register. That's not the big issue, though, because I've said that I would probably drop divisions. I'll give everyone a straight answer though, divisions will be dropped.

The bigger issue is people's opinions on ties, which I've been wanting discussion about for about 30 days now starting with this post. Even then, I've been wanting to have a discussion about ties/divisions in this thread for 21 days now with the start of this post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom