Oldest Regiment

Users who are viewing this thread

Lavergne

Veteran
I'm kind of curious to know what is the oldest MM/NW regiment. In other words which one lasted the longest.

As far as I know the oldest still active regiments are the 92nd and the 84e, both where formed around the same(ish) time in late 2010.
By extension they are also the regiments that have had the longest running time.

Shortshorts said:
As far as I know the oldest still active regiments are the 92nd and the 84e, both where formed around the same(ish) time in late 2010.
By extension they are also the regiments that have had the longest running time.
92nd, 77y, 91st and 51st were some really big names for a long time I would place my bets on either the 84e, 92nd or 77y, as they still exist to this day

It could be the 1er Régiment de Grenadiers-à-Pied de la Garde Imperiale.
They have been around for a long time.

Perhaps since the Waterloo event in Mount & Musket.

1er.

92nd as much so, but their regiment name changed after the Waterloo event. They were the 45e in the event, I think. Whereas the 1er have always been the 1er.

Loppen said:
It could be the 1er Régiment de Grenadiers-à-Pied de la Garde Imperiale.
They have been around for a long time.

Perhaps since the Waterloo event in Mount & Musket.

Yep, that was one old glorious event and awesome regiment. As far as i remember, the current 84e got formed from the 1er Regiment itself, so the 1er Vielle Garde is indeed the oldest regiment out there (my first regiment too :grin: , though i remember i had followed my buddies Andreas, Decibit and Vulkaan in the 84e for a while).

Exactly DanyEle!

List of people from back then includes a lot of regiment creators. And even the later leader of 1er: Hherlev.

Loppen (Me), Tiberius Decimus Maximus, sirwho (Vulkaan), Noobcake, Sirdur13 (Andreas), socks, hherlev, azimmm, IndiaQuinn, TNT, TogglesDaCat, sunwise, Leberecht Reinhold, zanglof, jeckfromshadow, Minutus, Sch1sm, Metal Heart, BrC Crusader, muse, Elethor, Jusx_Xtin

Fun old stuff! :smile:

1stEPI, 77y, 84e, The Marins (I think they're still around? Haven't been on in awhile)

If only the 51st lead by Col Stalker were still around, that'd be cool.

What Moogs said, sounds about right. If I recall it correctly the 84e, 1er and (back then) 45e were the first regiments to be formed after Waterloo (or was it Wavre, I don't really remember). However the 45e renamed into 92nd on the 28th of September 2010. All those regiments are still going. So they are the oldest and longest lasting regiments out there.

Angelus Lapsus Revan said:
1stEPI, 77y, 84e, The Marins (I think they're still around? Haven't been on in awhile)

If only the 51st lead by Col Stalker were still around, that'd be cool.

1stEPI and 77y are still around.

Hadhod said:
If I recall it correctly the 84e, 1er and (back then) 45e were the first regiments to be formed after Waterloo (or was it Wavre, I don't really remember)

95th too and it was after Waterloo. All the ingame regiments created in MM Waterloo had a group of players playing as them in the event. Regiments were created specifically for one event.

The Wavre event was done to celebrate the release of MM Prussia.

Back
Top Bottom