Gentlemen's Tobacco Club

Users who are viewing this thread

I love rolling my own cigarettes, I agree completely, Orchid. I actually just ran out of rolling tobacco a week or two ago, I'll need to grab some more soon.

I used to live in a trailer with a few people, and one guy was insanely addicted to nicotine. He'd take the tobacco out of cigarillos that was in the ashtrays (from the people who use those papers to smoke other things) and roll it in newspaper every day. That's been my experience with people rolling cigarettes.

Smoked Camel before. Switched to rolling my own cigarettes, I'll agree that it's way cheaper and better. I mostly smoke Van Nelle halfzware shag now, it's quite enjoyable and has a nice distinct taste. Tried a bunch of other rolling tobacco, Camel being one of the worst for some reason. Any recommendations on other good tobacco?

I'm not too sure as far as brands are concerned, my local tobacco shop sells different blends and flavors of tobacco out of large glass jars.

Eh, tobacco shops unfortunately don't exist in my country anymore. Can't even find pipes and tobacco for them outside of the capital. I find my smoking equipment at 24/7 shops and similar. :cry:

I smoke Cutter's Choice which is one of the cheaper brands of rolling tobacco. I used to smoke straights (Camels) but it got too expensive (plus during exam period I was smoking 20+ Camel Yellows a day which was quite heavy on the lungs..) so I started rolling, which is much more enjoyable (both the actual smoking and the taste).

My brother smokes a pipe though. I've rolled using his pipe tobacco and its weird. But needs must when I've run out of my own nicotine source.

I've smoked 20+ Camel yellows for the past ten years. Isn't that heavy on the lungs.

Tryko: Can you get Petterøes where you live? The nr. 3 blend is great.

Teofish said:
I've smoked 20+ Camel yellows for the past ten years. Isn't that heavy on the lungs.

Maybe not for some, but due to my physiology I have a restrictive rib cage and small lungs (6'1" with the lungs of a 50y/o since I was 13), so it was heavy for me. Its a shame I enjoyed it at the time, it was the mornings that were the problem.

Teofish said:

Tryko: Can you get Petterøes where you live? The nr. 3 blend is great.

Never even heard of it unfortunately.

Camel isn't all that heavy imho. Except the one Natural flavor variant we had, the orange/yellow-ish pack. That **** was impossible to smoke in a day. A single pack lasted me for almost two whole days (I smoked a pack per day otherwise).

My dad received lucky strike unfiltered cigarette rations in the military, he speaks highly of them.

They aren't sold everywhere, gas stations and pharmacies don't carry them. A few tobacco shops in my area do, however.

Cerebrum Stercora said:
They aren't sold everywhere, gas stations and pharmacies don't carry them. A few tobacco shops in my area do, however.

Pharmacies sell cigarettes? That is mind boggling. Though I do always assume Boots (here in the UK, biggest high street pharmacy) will sell cigarettes even though I know they won't really.

Why shouldn't pharmacies sell cigarettes? They're healthy. It's true!
URa2f.jpg
3A5pd.jpg
fq6jA.jpg
bds2y.jpg
Sfkea.png
4SzWy.jpg

Back
Top Bottom