Gentlemen's Tobacco Club

Users who are viewing this thread

Humlenerd

Knight at Arms
cigar_party.jpg

Since there's already a thread dedicated to marijuana(Smokeshack), but no living threads dedicated to other earthly pleasures which involves smoking, I though that we gentlemen who smoke the good old fashioned way deserved our own thread.

This thread shall thus be dedicated to cigar and pipe smoking  :cool:

I'll start.
I've smoked a few cigars during my lifetime, which I loved, and did recently experience an urge to try something new. This got me to research pipe smoking which seemed to be a relaxing and comfortable hobby. I did as a result of my new interest recently buy myself a starter kit for pipe smokers which includes all the equipment needed to properly enjoy the pipe smoking. The tobacco which was included was "Orlik Golden Sliced", a tobacco product with a very good reputation. Does anyone have experience with pipe smoking, and is this an enjoyable product for novices?

Untitled. said:
Humlenerd said:
Since there's already a thread dedicated to marijuana(Smokeshack), but no living threads dedicated to other earthly pleasures which involves smoking
You're wrong.
"The Tobacco Shop" thread is closed, and I couldn't find another one  :neutral:

Yes. I locked my thread due to two reasons. 1. I stopped using tobacco regularly. 2. Activity on it was low.
I like this thread name better though.  :razz:

EDIT : About the tobacco, these are one of those "depends" answers which I so hate. There are lots of pipe tobacco types : Loose, flake, plug, shag. There are also different flavours. I have never tried Orlik but some complain that it's harsh.

As a simpleton stoner, may I ask what's the equivalent "high" of tobacco? I'm rather curious is all. I could care less about the health issues.

Arriguy said:
As a simpleton stoner, may I ask what's the equivalent "high" of tobacco? I'm rather curious is all. I could care less about the health issues.
It depends on how you consume it. Those who smoke cigarettes or take snus get a rush, which makes them addicted. Cigars and pipe tobacco(if smoked properly), on the other hand, does not give you a feeling of being "high", the closest you get to that is a feeling of being lightheaded. The tobacco is rather smoked due to the taste, which is awesome :grin:

I love your avatar, by the way  :razz:
Swissky said:
About the tobacco, these are one of those "depends" answers which I so hate. There are lots of pipe tobacco types : Loose, flake, plug, shag. There are also different flavours. I have never tried Orlik but some complain that it's harsh.
The one I bought is flake. I hope it's not harsh  :shock:

You also increase your short-term memory under the influence of nicotine.

Yeah but I could take mild amphetamines for that and it would be healthier still than smoking tobacco. :razz:

Nah, I'm not gonna troll your thread I'm just posting to watch the thread.

Are little cigars/cigarillo discussions allowed aswell? I usually just buy Bellman's or Ritmeester Livarde.

Swissky said:
Are little cigars/cigarillo discussions allowed aswell? I usually just buy Bellman's or Ritmeester Livarde.
Of course :grin: I've smoked Café Creme, Moods(Ritmeester edition), and Cohiba Minis. I am curious about Bellman though, since they tend to sell quite well where I live(I just hate the way they're packed, I like the tin-ish way much better  :lol:)

I recommend the Cohibas if you live near a tobacco store(I am lucky, I live close to an ancient one with tons of products). Just remember that they're not dry cured, so you'll either smoke them within a week, or keep them in a humidor.

I've only seen Bellman Gold in Sweden and Germany. It's named after the great Swedish composer Carl Michael Bellman. They're produced in Germany.
8717625028884.jpg
bellman_gold.jpg

Swissky said:
I've only seen Bellman Gold in Sweden and Germany. It's named after the great Swedish composer Carl Michael Bellman. They're produced in Germany.
8717625028884.jpg
bellman_gold.jpg
They sell both types in Norway(but only in 10's)  :grin: Maybe I'll buy one when I finish the Moods I currently have, but it might take a while due to my new pipe hobby. The starter pack will come in my mail in a few days :grin:

I think a lot of those pipes are just for show, especially the more elaborate ones. They still look insanely cool, of course.
I enjoy tobacco a lot, but the taxes on it here makes it too much of a luxury. I usually buy a pouch of cheap pipe tobacco when I'm abroad along with a few cigars. Last time I was in Russia I bought Clan tobacco. It's ****, but has nostalgic value for me. I also used to use snus, mostly Ettan. Later I started using packed snus because my whole mouth area  started to look like Mordor.

Back
Top Bottom