Troop Editors

Users who are viewing this thread

Aglar Caran

Recruit
I've tried to edit the troop text files using both HokieBT's and Morgh's editors. The first one says that the parties text file is missing, and the second one says that the item file is empty. Is there any way to reliably edit the troops file, change their equipment, etc?

it depends on what you mean by reliably?

Most of the editors don't work because of the additions to Sod. I think.

Now you can cross reference the items file and then change the troops file by hand, it really depends on what changes you make and how many you make, you can change the module_troops file by hand. it has been ages since I have looked around though, and the py files may be source code, and I do not know if that is available to download.. if it is not then it will probably not be possible, as the 'old' source code for this version doesn't really exist anymore, I also haven't done a lot of modding in MnB, so I don't know the process for compiling source code and which files are source and which files are not...

That would require searching for the modding tutorials.

So the short answer for now may be no.. I have a copy of the module_troops.py file, but if (like other source code) it needs to be compiled with the whole shebang of files, then it won't do you much good, unless you can figure out numkber codes etc. in the text file version, using that as a guide....

Not the most helpful post as I am mostly guessing and am also sleepy...

morgh doesnt work for me, computica, can you say how your troops skills work like, i would like to give my dark rogues the ability to move faster on map, like the recruiters :razz:

well i have found in an old post the link to download the old source, so, iam going to check out that in the py format of course, easy!! :razz:

edit: if everything goes well, i will HELP you with anything you need in the mod, iam already learning how to py xDDDD
its like, i can just play the game and that's all, but i wanted some changes, like, "ok you can give the regiments troops, but they move SLOW", i will try to give regiment leader some pathfinding so they can move faster, and follow you, however, now that i have some sources, i will check out if i can make them to follow HARDER orders like "follow me and dont engage anyone", or "engage anyone, but dont go more than 100 meters than me"

Back
Top Bottom