Share your tweaked Perisno-mod

Users who are viewing this thread

SilverBrone

Sergeant
If you're playing Perisno with a few tweaks or so to the game, please post it here for me (XD) to take and have fun with :p

I made my own little "mini mod" and added my own new customized troops just for fun. I managed to make them balanced (I made them fight vs other faction's best troop 1v1) but I also added an OP version... but I made it so it takes a really really really long time until you actually get them.

So far I made them have the best troops (archer that is up to pair with the Redwoods or Infantry that is up to pair with the Tolranians, Calvary that is up to pair with Drache) so it's pretty OP.

Didn't bother doing horse archers though... because I really think that's the most useless unit type in all of warband.

Troop tree planned (Note some of them are outdated as I haven't updated it to match with what I made)

http://puu.sh/6QMeZ.png

The name are pretty cheesy but hey, not like I'm releasing it or anything.

Troop details

http://puu.sh/6QMnW.png

As I made more I eventually got more lazy and the balancing is pretty much off (either pretty weak or very strong)

I've done most of them, except 3 of them. If anybody is interested then try it! It's really easy, just use "Morgh's Troop Editor" and for a tool to keep track just use Excel or OpenOffice. For testing the armor you can use cheats to acquire items and you can duel your own troops and press F5 to put your character on AI (so they duel on equal ground, any player can just defeat the AI easily) so you can even your own troop out. I got bored with the vanilla Perisno but making your own troops is really fun.

I edited Item_kinds1 to allow for masterwork and tempered spears and axes since I'm more of a spearman.  :mrgreen:

I added stabbing damage to the demonic sword. I did not want the sword to be overpowered, or at least not more than it already is, so I gave it only 32p. That is the same stab/cut ratio as the nordic war sword from native(21p, 30c).

A very minor tweak, but necessary.

ShanghaiDoll said:
I made my own little "mini mod" and added my own new customized troops just for fun. I managed to make them balanced (I made them fight vs other faction's best troop 1v1) but I also added an OP version... but I made it so it takes a really really really long time until you actually get them.

So far I made them have the best troops (archer that is up to pair with the Redwoods or Infantry that is up to pair with the Tolranians, Calvary that is up to pair with Drache) so it's pretty OP.

Didn't bother doing horse archers though... because I really think that's the most useless unit type in all of warband.

Troop tree planned (Note some of them are outdated as I haven't updated it to match with what I made)

Troop details

http://puu.sh/6QMnW.png

As I made more I eventually got more lazy and the balancing is pretty much off (either pretty weak or very strong)

I've done most of them, except 3 of them. If anybody is interested then try it! It's really easy, just use "Morgh's Troop Editor" and for a tool to keep track just use Excel or OpenOffice. For testing the armor you can use cheats to acquire items and you can duel your own troops and press F5 to put your character on AI (so they duel on equal ground, any player can just defeat the AI easily) so you can even your own troop out. I got bored with the vanilla Perisno but making your own troops is really fun.

Have you added completely new units, or are you modifying old ones? - And how would you go about spawning these "new" units in the game?

I changed Aracanus and Kara completely to turn them into my "ladies of war" which are quite overpowered.

I also set the companions i will be using with equipment using morgh's editor. This is made just so i don't have to change their weapons and armor ever again and to make sure that when they turn into vassals they keep those. I tend to treat my companions in the same way as the lords in which i want them to have a "signature" equipment set. This, of course, includes my character, which i am not going to lie, is over powered and hence making my experience with the mod very unlegit. But it does help me when i want to experiment or mess with things (like all the info i put about the companions in the other threads).

Also i am considering the idea to create me a household troop (while it officially gets implemented in 0.7), but i don't know how i am going to make it available yet.

DarkOmegaMK2 said:
I changed Aracanus and Kara completely to turn them into my "ladies of war" which are quite overpowered.

I also set the companions i will be using with equipment using morgh's editor. This is made just so i don't have to change their weapons and armor ever again and to make sure that when they turn into vassals they keep those. I tend to treat my companions in the same way as the lords in which i want them to have a "signature" equipment set. This, of course, includes my character, which i am not going to lie, is over powered and hence making my experience with the mod very unlegit. But it does help me when i want to experiment or mess with things (like all the info i put about the companions in the other threads).

Also i am considering the idea to create me a household troop (while it officially gets implemented in 0.7), but i don't know how i am going to make it available yet.

I made my own househould troop, by expanding on the perisno recruit troop tree. While not entirely impossible for the NPC's to get it, it will take them a LONG time. ( As it will for me, unless...)

While these are some of the cheesiest names I've seen indeed they fit.
However, I laughed so hard I cried when I read "Arbalester", it sounded way too-like 'Molester' in my head. Anyhoo', I think the plural for Arbalest is.. Arbalest.
But don't take my word for it.
Your troop list looks interesting though. Nice edit :smile:

SamuraiYou said:

While these are some of the cheesiest names I've seen indeed they fit.
However, I laughed so hard I cried when I read "Arbalester", it sounded way too-like 'Molester' in my head. Anyhoo', I think the plural for Arbalest is.. Arbalest.
But don't take my word for it.
Your troop list looks interesting though. Nice edit :smile:

Thanks, I was trying to go for the arbalest because they were apparently a "beta" version of crossbows. But you are right, it does indeed sound like molester... I don't think it's incorrect though, the web dictionaries said "arbeslestier" is right.

@Harding Grim I would but I want them to be a tier lower than crossbowman, I think "Recruit Crossbowman" is pretty cheesy if not already mega cheesy.

@mimscience I replaced the Perisno Pilgrims party with my own party that has these soldiers.  I didn't replace them with perisno troops though. I infact wanted to make them fight against each other.

Nothing much, but I made my own household troops, a 2 troop branch of Perisno Priests.
The trainees are the same stat-wise as a Holy Priest, but have different equipment, it's only there because Holy Priest already has 2 branches.
The upgraded version I made to be more deadly but a little less sturdy than Elvarie Guardians.
Stats and gear:
Untitled1_zps555eb7b2.png
Untitled2_zpsfd2dd664.png
The sword is 47c 110 speed and 115 reach.
Fur Heavy Mail was changed to 4 head 56 body 19 leg, Nordic Warlord Helmet changed to 55 head.
I haven't actually gotten any to test in combat yet though, so they might need to be nerfed if it ends up being too OP.

Shinigami936 said:
Nothing much, but I made my own household troops, a 2 troop branch of Perisno Priests.
The trainees are the same stat-wise as a Holy Priest, but have different equipment, it's only there because Holy Priest already has 2 branches.
The upgraded version I made to be more deadly but a little less sturdy than Elvarie Guardians.
Stats and gear:
Untitled1_zps555eb7b2.png
Untitled2_zpsfd2dd664.png
The sword is 47c 110 speed and 115 reach.
Fur Heavy Mail was changed to 4 head 56 body 19 leg, Nordic Warlord Helmet changed to 55 head.
**I haven't actually gotten any to test in combat yet though, so they might need to be nerfed if it ends up being too OP.

** Lol dude, it is too OP.

500 weapon skill and 70 body armor is pretty powerful, not to mention the super fast sword. Pretty much immune to 1-3 tier faction troops they are.

Though redwoods will still fill them full of holes!

Have you seen Elvarie Guardians? They have nearly identical armour ratings, practically impenetrable shields, 5 more HP and with the same skills. 450 weapon proficiencies, so they're pretty much immune to tier 1-3 as well.
Also they take forever to train. These aren't units I cheat to get, I have to train them from an alternate pilgrim line, which branches away from the all powerful Holy Champions.
If I battle constantly, I can manage to train 1 a month. But that's way too much of a hassle so I only have 3 sitting in the garrison.
On paper though, I'd say I'll probably have to lower the shield skill, give them a weaker shield, or switch them to 2 handed units, just a little reluctant to eliminate shields altogether since they take so long to train.
The twilight gloves are there for style, if I could find a replacement I'd happily be rid of the 14 body armour. Samurai gloves, maybe?
You're right about the sword though, chances are I'm underestimating 110 speed, I'll have to get them into a battle once I have like 10 of them to see what happens.

I've personally experimented with quite a few cosmetic changes to 1.6 since it's been released.  A few of my changes:

Both male and female Perisno pilgrims added, who promote to a fun line of clerical types using blunt weapons.
'Invisible' helmets, wearable by anyone, are now available (and sometimes drop as loot).
Prettier female troops with fewer fashion fails.
Perisno troops are upgradeable (as a sidegrade) from recruits of most kingdoms.

Here is a link for my submod, if you want to try a Perisno that's a bit different, while we wait for 1.7 to come out:

http://www.nexusmods.com/mbwarband/mods/5895/?

MelanieWard said:
'Invisible' helmets, wearable by anyone, are now available (and sometimes drop as loot).

I like the thought of that in context. "Oh, i found this magical and powerful helmet" and the merchant is holding nothing.

Back
Top Bottom