Making new items appear in shops

Users who are viewing this thread

Igor

Recruit
I added a few new horses to SOD, and they work correctly and show up in game when i add them to my troop's equipment, but no matter what i do they never appear in horse merchant's shops. I have set them to merchandise, and they appear before the end item in my item kinds text file. I also correctly edited the number of items in my item kinds file. The new horses appear correctly for my troops but they never appear in shops so i can't buy them for myself. Do i need to edit any other files? Here's what i've done so far. I placed all the new textures in the texture folder, i placed the ".brf" file in the resource folder, i edited module.ini to load the new brf file, i added the new horses in the item_kinds file before the "itm_items_end" item, and finally changed the number at the top to reflect the new items i added. I also checked to make sure they all had the merchandise flag using morgh's item editor. Like i said the horses work for my troops but i can't get them to appear in shops. And yes i've waited for the merchants to refresh their inventory and i've been to almost every faction's city and looked, but found nothing.

Someone please help me.

Thank you.

You most likely added them at the end of the items file. Though SoDW doesn't add all horses in the 'items.txt' to the stores only a certain range within the items file.

i got it working. thanks for your reply though. at first i had all the faction flags turned off because i thought that would make it appear in all the shops. then i tried enabling all the fac_kingdom_* flags like fac_kingdom_1 and so on and now they appear in all the shops.

Back
Top Bottom