SP Dark Ages The Sword And The Axe

Users who are viewing this thread

Yeah yeah. Una cara, una raza. Can we talk some Viking stuff? How is the newest update coming along? I already finished a playthrough of the 2nd version so I will be playing Brytenwalda until the next version comes out. Keep in mind I am not rushing you. I would rather wait and see as many improvements as possible. But I do appreciate the occasional update.

Oh very interesting, i didn't knew that there were catholics that kept the orthodox rite. an interesting blend :smile:
Do you personally speak Byzantine dialect?
i'm not Turkish, i'm from South America, Argentina .where did you get that idea? hehe
I suggest that unless Antonis wants to keep this conversation we take it somewhere else, for the sake of not derailing his thread.

@Adrale: Yeah, you're right. As interesting as cultural discussion is, we should talk about the mod. So far, the floating bridges have been eliminated, bandits spawn normally, most of the items have been rebalanced/returned to a normal value, other NPCs can go through sea, should they want to, added some more swords(about 15), shields(5-6) and helmets(about 10) and now I am reworking the problematic scenes. Work has been slow, because I was on vacation and I am working on a couple of my mods and consult and help in some others. I will post updates when I have something really substantial to show, now this is pretty much the bulk of it.

crodio said:
Do you personally speak Byzantine... for the sake of not derailing his thread.

Byzantine dialect is basically simplified Ancient Greek(which I took as a course at university), so theoritically, I can speak it, but I don't! :smile:

I really didn't said that you're Turkish(not that it would be a problem if you were). And yes, please, we can discuss this interesting things elsewhere and if you want to tell me anything -not particularly related to the mod, anything at all- then hit me with a PM, I always answer.

Peace be with you all.

Yeah, the mod is pretty much finished, these couple of things I mentioned before remain only and some minor details, not much. Marriage is the same. But you know, you can play, to my knowledge, there isn't anything *THAT* gamebreaking, just some annoing issues. Or, you could wait for the patch. :smile:

Antonis said:
Yeah, the mod is pretty much finished, these couple of things I mentioned before remain only and some minor details, not much. Marriage is the same. But you know, you can play, to my knowledge, there isn't anything *THAT* gamebreaking, just some annoing issues. Or, you could wait for the patch. :smile:
I'll wait just a little longer, any ideas on when the patch is coming out?

Yes, I have a plan. I am now finishing one my other mods, "Crusader:Warriors of God". When that is done(about the end of August or sooner), I will make some final changes and fixes and will release the patch. Then we will say goodbye to this mod, hopefully. Of course, should the need arises, I will make another fix patch for it in the future.

Why? When it will be finished, it will be for good. Once all those nuances have been taken care off, there will not be need for continuation. Also, I am working on two main projects(Crusaders:Warriors of God and Fires of War:A Greco-persian war mod) and this mod, the Sword and the Axe, has already evolved into something else. I call it "805 AD", it is a mod that takes place in all Europe, with factions like the Frankish Empire, the Byzantine Empire, the Rus and the Abbasids. Sooner or later, I will make a thread with more info, screenshots and more, so, stay tuned! :smile:

Antonis said:
Why? When it will be finished, it will be for good.
To be completely honest, there are so many mods that just change the map, factions, and troops. Yours is one of the better ones out of those mods; but to consider it finished at this point, while it is still basically a reskin of Native, is kind of a cop out. Better to have one great mod than 5 mediocre ones. Add new quests, more scenes, etc., anything you want really, to this one. But it is those mods than cross the line from "reskin" to "completely new gameplay" that are truly awesome.

Well, that is(mainly) why I am not continuing this project. As I said, I am working on another project, with a whole map of Europe, new factions, (my tweaked version of) Diplomacy and new features. I am working on adding new quests and stuff, but I am only one guy, with limited experience in coding(I am constantly learning, though).

Hey guys! This is a diagram that shows the relationships between the new companions. The green lines indicate love, the red hate. Courtesy of EternalPaladin.

GetAttachment.aspx

The pacth is very close now, be a little more patient.

Antonis, sorry to bother you, but have you ever thought of joining the Europe1200 mod team? I try to help with research there, and they are quite in need of capable modders like you since its a huge mod, and the mod team isn't very big. Please take a look at it.

I don't know if I can help them. I would like to, since Europe 1200 is an awesome mod, though. Since you are in the team, can you contact a team member and ask what do they need? If there is anything I can assist them with, I would be happy to. Thank you!

I seconded your nomination. I was playing Brytenwalda but have switched to E1200 cuz its less laggy and they are still working on it (and it needs a lot of work). So I will be playing your mod and that one for the foreseeable future. It would be cool to see you over there.

It's just battle lag and it goes away if i play with particles off. Not necessary with your mod or e1200. e1200 has really bad overland map lag but I think if they just cut out the villagers and fixed sea travel that would mostly go away. One of the other things I cant stand about Brytenwalda is the mountains on the map make the majority of battleS like a climbing expedition. Toward the end when you get Kings with 1k soldiers and you have to fight them up and down 60 degree slopes it becomes interminable.

Yes, I noticed that too in Europe 1200, it's definetely the size of the map and most importantly the number of parties. Warband scripts can handle safely a certain number of parties, when you get over it, things are starting to lag quite a lot.

As for Brytenwalda, yes the many mountains and steep slopes are indeed a bummer, especially when you play as cavalry with many horsemen(I do). It takes away all the advantages.

Back
Top Bottom