New Topic: State of the Mod

Users who are viewing this thread

usnavy30

Grandmaster Knight
Hello everyone,

I have made this topic to show various points.

1. The mod is not dead, it is in active development.
2. I am now in charge of the mod project.
3. I have some plans in mind to get started.

I want to say a huge thank you to the Dev Teammates for their help and encouragement. I wouldn't be able to efficiently do this project without 'em.

Multiplayer Version 0117 is as is for now, I plan to improve or alter the module first of various things.
Singleplayer will come next afterwards down the road, if I can study ways of the SP modding.
MP is priority over SP, sorry to those who are anticipating SP but it will be later than sooner. No release date as TBD.

I need 32 bit users willing to test so I can find a 'goldilocks' MB/GB size of the module so 32 bit users can get a taste of FI2 gameplay as well.

The previous head developer has left the modding scene, he is busy IRL carrying on.

The mod will not be rushed from this month henceforth, no more untested releases without my approval. The speed of mod development will vary but it will be slower than anticipated so keep that in mind.

Now here is the status:

I am currently sick with the minor flu, congestion and minor cough. Trying to get better before the next week's end.

I have found the 'gritty' textures unfavorable in the majority of opinion, no more 'gritty' textures can be done to match the item sets as the retexturing only the previous head dev knew how to and took that with him as well when he left.
Thus I have begun to revert the 'gritty' textures for the vanilla textures that give the items Warband's recognizable color than dull greyness.
For starters I am redoing the textures to vanilla especially for native items, it will take days if not weeks to complete.

If anyone wants the gritty textures still let me know ahead of time before I eventually release the optional texture pack of vanilla textures to go into permanent effect next version.

Edit: Looks like our mapper ArthurPendragon likes them. Well either way the texture work will take time.

Misc things I type.
Code:
To Do (Sometime):

Full Invasion Combined
-set Coat of Plates' to light_armor slot
-remove "New Viking Padded Armor" from 'Guardsman'
-remove new "Padded Cloth" armors from 'Guardsman'
-remove "New Viking Padded Armor" from 'Longbowman'
-remove "Kingdom Archer Leather Armor" from 'Longbowman'
-remove "New Viking Padded Armor" from 'Raider'
-remove "New Viking Padded Armor" from 'Archer'
-remove new "Reveran Padded Leather" armors from 'Reveran Man-at-arms'
-remove "22nd Elite Armor"(s) from 'Reveran Guard'
-remove "Black Reveran Scale Armor" from 'Reveran Guard'
(these changes reflect the original Full Invasion factions are to be untouched in additions until approved by majority, the incentive to play separate factions to use these extra items)

The Highlanders
-add Brown Highlander's Hats'
-add troops back to the Kingdom faction
-set heavy_armor Highlander Padded Armors back to light_armor
(perhaps set the troops back to only one troop for the gear?)

The Musketeers
-fix Musketeers- Dueler spacing typo
-add troops back to 16th Century faction

The Calradian Realms
-replace Vaereb Aketon with native Aketon in 'Swadian Crossbowman'
-add back native red Brigandine in 'Swadian Infantry' 
(so many more, reserved)

The Middle Earth
-add Silvan Spear to 'Elven Warrior' troop
-add Aragorn's siderarm knife to 'Aragorn' troop
-fix Gandalf's Staff/Shield shader again
-add Théoden's Sword to 'Theoden' troop
-remove Haldir set in 'Glorfindel' troop, replace with Glorfindel set
-make Saruman Fireball do piercing damage
-remove 'Gothmog' troop
(so many, reserved)

Rohan + Elves
-rename to Rohan & Elves, sounds better
-add Theoden's Sword to 'Hero - Theoden' troop
-add Courser and Rohirrim Charge for Justice! mounts to 'Hero - Theoden' troop
-add Theoden's Sword to 'Hero- Movie Theoden' troop
-add Courser and Rohirrim Charge for Justice! mounts to 'Hero- Movie Theoden' troop
-fix 'Hero- Movie Theoden' typo
-add Silvan Spear to 'Elven Galadhrim Warrior' troop

The Empire
-remove historic lords gear from 'Sergeant'
-remove historic lords gear from 'Infantry'
-rename historic lords gear to possessing names
-set Klappvisier Bascinet to heavy_helm in 'Man-at-Arms' troop
-remove historic lords gear from 'Heavy Infantry'
-add Henry de Bohun's shield to 'Historic Lords Volume 1' troop

The Kingdom
-remove Futuristic Soldier bot troop from the Kingdom faction

Kingdom of Swadia
-add back native red Brigandine in 'Swadian Infantry'

Khergit Khanate
-add 'Khergit Infantry' troop

The Napoleonic Wars
-fix Rare Austrian Uniform in 'Prussian' troop
-fix Infantry Shoes same mesh name bug in 'French' troop

The Roman Empire
-add purple caped roman armor
-fix gladiator murmillo/fighter helms

The Imperial Legion
-add Imperial mounts to 'Imperial Pronoiar' troop

The Sengoku Jidai
-fix Samurai boots same mesh clipping

The World War Soldiers
-remove SYW French bot troops
-fix white gloves same mesh clipping

The 16th Century
-fix Great Lance texture in 'General' troop

Gondor
-add TLD Gondor Helms
-add TLD Gondor Mounts

The Anglo Zulu War
-British Soldier bot has missing pants

Arnor
-add bow and arrows to 'Arnor Archer' troop

Suggestions:

English Army troops under King Edward's reign

Misc:

Make optional download packs for native/gritty textures

Native Textures - https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_XEt5J8_HVnQXZqMTlJSXE0UWs/edit?usp=sharing

Gritty Textures - (reserved else just backup your v0117 textures folder)

Optional Things - https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_XEt5J8_HVnVG9HQXJPUXNuR3M/edit?usp=sharing

Have a suggested change? Post it below. Work In Progress task list!

So, were talking about a more optimized, well polished, balanced survival mod and not just a collection of OSPs? Finally, count me in!

Is it possible to have gritty textures as addon or something like that for those who want to have them?

Caralas said:
Is it possible to have gritty textures as addon or something like that for those who want to have them?
Yes it is, I have begun to revert to native textures for my test version however the gritty textures are easily done as that is the Textures folder of v0117 currently. Right now, no more new gritty textures can be done as I do not have the program that made the gritty textures.

Tarleton said:
Are you thinking about adding American Civil War and American Revolution factions?
Yes actually both with the latter forming plans.  :grin:

Continental Army Patriot troops, marines
British Army Infantry/Grenadiers/etc troops
French troops
Dutch troops
Native American allies

etc

Now to plan how to incorporate them well.

Varadin said:
im 32 bit user, if u need me to test , i will do it gladly

Great I need some to test previous versions to see how well they run.
Some use a vista to a windows 8 so I hope I can find something suitable for test.

Try downloading this v0.1 alpha to see how well it runs.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_XEt5J8_HVnZzBwcS1XRW5hLWM/edit?usp=sharing

If it runs well try V10 to see how well that runs.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_XEt5J8_HVna0Z1TTg1U1hLUG8/edit?usp=sharing

and so on.

I put some old versions up on googledocs for archive and this purpose.

I will use the latest version as a base of a smaller size 32 bit version but I need people to play and test the older versions like these so I know how big the mod folder can be this time.

Ok im downloading it now.

Here are my PC spec if you need them to know

processor : intel dual core 2.93ghz E7500
graphic : Nvidia 250GT
operating system : 32 bits
memory : 2gb

I usually play warband on lowest settings and game loads pretty fast and have maximum FPS until there are over 100 players online , than it starts to fall down.

I will inform you as soon as i downlaod it.

P.S : just a quick question , do you need me just to test loading the game , or you want me to join some server as well and see if it runs ? Im not sure if there are outdated server for this version , so thats why im asking.

Varadin said:
Ok im downloading it now.

Here are my PC spec if you need them to know

processor : intel dual core 2.93ghz E7500
graphic : Nvidia 250GT
operating system : 32 bits
memory : 2gb

I usually play warband on lowest settings and game loads pretty fast and have maximum FPS until there are over 100 players online , than it starts to fall down.

I will inform you as soon as i downlaod it.

P.S : just a quick question , do you need me just to test loading the game , or you want me to join some server as well and see if it runs ? I'm not sure if there are outdated server for this version , so thats why im asking.
You can test by hosting a offline game with Host a game a ded server should not be needed. Test with and without bots etc.

K just did the testing, everything seems working good(loading time is low and played with 100 bots , everything runs good without crashes). Send another wave of tests when you are ready.

Varadin said:
K just did the testing, everything seems working good(loading time is low and played with 100 bots , everything runs good without crashes). Send another wave of tests when you are ready.
what version was this? And windows 7?

Varadin said:
both versions are working good, yes its windows 7
so v10 runs well on 32 bit? If that's the case perhaps its best to start there again in module size.
I will be using v0117 source code as a base but it will at first be much smaller in size gradually adding on to see where the limit is.

Good, and good luck with that , if u need me anymore just send me a message , btw does that mean that you are making mod compatiable with 32 and 64 bit , what i mean is that 32 and 64 bit users we will able to play on same server aka same mod.

Varadin said:
Good, and good luck with that , if u need me anymore just send me a message , btw does that mean that you are making mod compatiable with 32 and 64 bit , what i mean is that 32 and 64 bit users we will able to play on same server aka same mod.
if 32 bit only means cutting extra content and fixes in both versions present then yes. Hopefully.

Back
Top Bottom