Archer shooting issue v1.03

Users who are viewing this thread

Howie1992

Recruit
I've been playing this mod for few years, and now moved to v1.03. Everything is almost perfect but I do find archers refuse to shoot especially during siege (location: Britain).

I understand they're made to do so, but is there a way to let them shoot at my own risk? I just so miss the Vaegir Marksman now. They're shooting like heavy rains and it rocks XD (altho might not be historically correct)....

Also I want to get the "force AI to use ranged weapon" back...

It really annoys me when I practically deal more than damages than 130 archers, and they're from Welsh!
Watching them watching me shoot just literally makes me cry...
For path-blocking issue most of the time I can fix it as a human commander, but I cant tell them to shoot!

since this version is final, could someone point me the AI file along with simple guide/tool to fix them myself?

Thanks a lot!

Speaking of path-blocking, just found another one: in Corfe castle the reinforcement of defense comes through the left tower, while if u have too many archers they will block the way entirely. Altho this is a very minor one since dat castle is extremely ez to defend and probably only rises when battle size is exceeding 400 or around dat. What puzzles me is "go to" option sometimes gone when asking lords to defend a certain castle.

Try use blunt weapons option. That might them force to use bows instead of swords if they carry both one.

Also take note of range. At some point even your troops on the attack can withstand any number of arrows without their shield breaking, while if you have high PD are able to break theirs even if you shoot uphill.
I've been recently quite happy with my archers. At least Muslim and Andalucian archers seem to perform under pressure.

Yes I'm now experiencing the same issue.
Archers standing with their shields raised and keep staring at enemies while being picked off one by one. That's so stupid!!

Hey how about removing shields from them by using Morgh's edit tools?
I'll give it a try soon, so please try this method as well as me and report the result if you have time.
I am even considering to take swords away from them if it doesn't work.

Dolen said:
Yes I'm now experiencing the same issue.
Archers standing with their shields raised and keep staring at enemies while being picked off one by one. That's so stupid!!

Hey how about removing shields from them by using Morgh's edit tools?
I'll give it a try soon, so please try this method as well as me and report the result if you have time.
I am even considering to take swords away from them if it doesn't work.

That won't matter, when enemy gets close to archers, these stop shooting and take melee weps. What should be fixed or changed is the amount of distance where archers stop shooting when enemy gets close to them.

What I don't understand is why the "force ranged to shoot" was removed though...

Yeah, it's really annoying, especially during sieges. One enemy soldier nearby, and archers and xbowmans just watch and wait. What is interesting, units with throwing weapons don't have such problems.

So it wasn´t fixed from 1.02? In older, i think it was most probably the SVN version, but it doesn´t matter. There wasn´t this bug, it works normally.
That´s shame..because it´s really so annoying..and archers are in 90% of situations simply useless, especially during sieges.. :sad: If enemy get to close, ok, i understand that they force to use blunt weapons. BUT this is out of question, because they just stand on walls..or stop to shot when enemy is quite far away: best moment to shoot!:/)

There was like two topics about it, i wrote like 3 posts, but as i see nothing happens..that´s really sad. :???:

Back
Top Bottom