Dead Island

Users who are viewing this thread

HOLY ****!
Best game ever. I can safely say you can burn down all other game production companies, nothing will beat this (expect Mount and Blade)

www.deadislandgame.com

Zombies, on an island, hardly any guns, make weapons out of ****, real time skin deformation (I.e skin gets torn off, bones broken and detached, so whack off a zombies jaw!).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZQDJvKl0us

Feature List

Ultra-realistic combat
- Intense and amazingly realistic hand-to-hand combat based on dynamic character moves and camera angles
- Realistic physical reactions of opponents to hits
- Exceptionally faithful and detailed damage model, showing damaged skin, muscles and even bones
- Innovative system of targeting and hitting the opponents gives you precise control and a realistic combat feel

Advanced Artificial Life System
- AL system allows you to take advantage of instinctive behaviors of groups and individual opponent
- Living, breathing and dynamically changing ecosystem faced with the destructive influence of a spreading epidemic
- Realistic and spontaneous NPC behavior
- Through your actions, actively influence NPC reactions

Non-linear gameplay
- Explore a vast, open world of a tropical island, on foot or in vehicles
- Freedom of choosing your allies and completing tasks that bring you closer to the finale
- Player decisions influence the way in which the game progresses, making it a multi-threaded story

Hyper Interactive Environment
- The ability to use all elements of the environment as weapons
- A liquid, gas and electricity physics simulation system, which allows you to create your own unique ways of eliminating enemies

This came over massively fan- boyish, but ZOMBIES!

Looks pretty cool. When you said bones being broken, I immediately remembered Deus, where you could die if you were poisoned and had to cut the blood flow. (You die a while later if you don't take out the poison. Or, if too long's passed...amputate)

PS: So far, everyone who has posted has got a santa hat in their avatar!

Redcoat - Mic said:
Watching the teaser I wonder how the struggles like that will work. I hope it's not just a click as fast as you can thing...

I hope not too, I HAD having to click a LOT really fast, that's just lame and hard on the fingers.

Merentha said:
Sexy.  Very sexy.

Why are we talking about L-L in a zombie game thread?

Anyway, looks awesome although I feel they're most likely overplaying the "omg freedom" aspect of the game. They all do that, and it rarely lives up to their claims.

Same makers of Call of Juarez huh? These guys surely have a great graphics studio. And indeed, looks like a mighty fine zombie game. Reminds me of Fulci's movies  :smile:

Back
Top Bottom