SP Musket Era 1700's Mod [DISCONTINUED]

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Druidic

Knight
THIS MOD HAS BEEN DISCONTINUED

I just haven't been motivated or interested in developing it lately, partially due to the monotonous task of editing script and dialog files. Yes, that's what all modders go through, but having to change "liege" to "King" and "Calradia" to "Europe/Germany" was just dull. I had some good times designing the NPC's and fiddling with the module_troops.py file (Made an NPC who broke the 4th wall purposely, and two characters who were from Calradia, which was in Siberia... don't ask me.), but trying to make everything fit the 1700's setting was not my kind of task, I guess. I like to be free and imaginative with stuff I create, and working on this made it feel like I was forcing a key into the wrong keyhole.

I really enjoyed learning about the Module System and Python though, and I finally had a reason to use Notepad++ for my stuff instead of normal Notepad. I originally thought, before this mod was created, to slap texture files into the folders, make the game read them by putting whatever compatibility code it was into the config file, and wham. 1700's Mod. Well, I was wrong. But I'm glad I learned.

This will not be the end to my attempting to mod, though. I've always been a creative person, and I already have a few ideas on where to go with another mod. I already set up a clean Module System, and from there, the world (Or, more accurately, Calradia) is my oyster. I could make a gangland mod, or a horror mod that only allows you to walk around as your character... while something stalks you in the hallways. It's limitless.

A big thank-you to everyone who helped me and/or showed interest in this mod. It wouldn't have gotten as far as it did (53%) without you guys.

I'll be around. Mostly in the Bannerlord section. Heh.

Modder223 said:
u have another thread for this or are u just starting this mod?

No, this is the only thread for this. I have been working on the strings.txt and conversation.txt files as well as Factions and Troops.txt.
All i need now is a Western Europe map that's not ripped from another mod, and after that's placed, i could possibly figure out how to move Napoleonic Wars units and weapons to the mod myself.

Druidic said:
Modder223 said:
u have another thread for this or are u just starting this mod?

No, this is the only thread for this. I have been working on the strings.txt and conversation.txt files as well as Factions and Troops.txt.
All i need now is a Western Europe map that's not ripped from another mod, and after that's placed, i could possibly figure out how to move Napoleonic Wars units and weapons to the mod myself.

That is an awful idea.
Use the module system if you want any chance at making something fun to play, and not just a Native reskin.
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,240255.0.html

Yeah, use the module system, don't do what Gabrilduro did and use the .txt files to make a mod and then claim you're the best modder ever and deserve to be respected by everyone because you chose to make your life harder for really no reason.

That's like climbing a mountain with a backpack full of stones, there's no reason for it and you're just making your life harder.

I just wanted to thank Gabby in his own forum section for letting us use his resources from 1755 , 1776 mod for our Persistent World mod. For anyone who has played Gabbys mod your in for a real treat with our upcoming mod :smile:

Austro said:
Yeah, use the module system, don't do what Gabrilduro did and use the .txt files to make a mod and then claim you're the best modder ever and deserve to be respected by everyone because you chose to make your life harder for really no reason.

That's like climbing a mountain with a backpack full of stones, there's no reason for it and you're just making your life harder.
:roll:

Workaholic said:
I just wanted to thank Gabby in his own forum section for letting us use his resources from 1755 , 1776 mod for our Persistent World mod. For anyone who has played Gabbys mod your in for a real treat with our upcoming mod :smile:

Austro said:

It's funny because I'm not using any work in Persistent Frontier that was created by Gabrilduro himself.

I learned of that not too long ago.

The 3D models used that Gabrilduro has claimed "ownership" of was created by other people that are no longer active on taleworlds.

Docm30 said:
Austro seems to have a penchant for insulting people that aren't related to the present conversation.

Insulting or informing of what actually happened?

the OP was thinking about starting his mod with the .txt files and I presented a real example of someone who did make their mod from .txt's

Captured Joe said:
Austro said:
The 3D models used that Gabrilduro has claimed "ownership" of was created by other people that are no longer active on taleworlds.
They still belong to Gabby.
As someone calling himself a modder you should know how that works.

If someone made models for Persistent Frontier and disappeared, I would not claim ownership over them unless I made them myself of paid for their ownership.

So then what does taleworlds do with resources without ownership? OSP them all? Ban them from use? Require permission from someone who didn't make them or pay for them?

Austro said:
If someone made models for Persistent Frontier and disappeared, I would not claim ownership over them unless I made them myself of paid for their ownership.

So then what does taleworlds do with resources without ownership? OSP them all? Ban them from use? Require permission from someone who didn't make them or pay for them?
Yes you would, but as I said that is not how it works.

Those recources were made for GABRILDURO's mods, NOT as OSPs. Thus they belong to the maker of the mod, regardless of who made them.
The modders made those recources for that mod thus they agreed that they'd belong to Gabby; no-one has been forced to give anything to Gabby.

Captured Joe said:
Austro said:

Yes you would, but as I said that is not how it works.

Those recources were made for GABRILDURO's mods, NOT as OSPs. Thus they belong to the maker of the mod, regardless of who made them.
The modders made those recources for that mod thus they agreed that they'd belong to Gabby; no-one has been forced to give anything to Gabby.

Nothing that Gabby didn't make himself or paid for belongs to Gabby.

And I doubt you can provide me any kind of proof that the owners of the resources gave Gabby ownership seeing as they're no longer available.

Workaholic said:
Austro said:
Captured Joe said:
When will you get my point?

Your point is that Gabby can claim ownership over resources that are not his, and that sir is not how it works.
Did you ask anyone besides Gabby to use those resources then?

Like I said, I was not aware until months and months after requesting permission to use those resources that in fact, Gabby was not the owner of those resources.

That brings me to what I brought up earlier:

"So then what does taleworlds do with resources without ownership? OSP them all? Ban them from use? Require permission from someone who didn't make them or pay for them?"

I don't know the answer to that, only Taleworlds does.

Workaholic said:
So you're practically using someone's work without permission without even giving them some credit.

Gabby never specifically credited anyone for specific resources, so I have no idea who to credit for what.

Also, I'm no longer a developer for Persistent Frontier, Ra'Jiska is now, so it's up to him what he wants to do with the resources.

Let's examine the most important quote here...
Captured Joe said:
Those resources were made for GABRILDURO

Which is the same as if Gabrilduro had paid for them, because when you pay for something you're paying them to make something for you, once the original author leaves, the ownership is no different whether the resources were paid for or not. They were made for Gabrilduro, and he can do what he wishes to with them. Also, if you were to win this argument, by your logic, you and Ra'Jiska would no longer have permission for the resources.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom