Map idea

Users who are viewing this thread

Jonaasz

Recruit
Hi
I love this mod, but i also really love ships, and naval warfare.
So as i have played this mod before,  i know this is a frontier mod, wich mainly involves being on land.
I think alot of players would really appreciate a map foucsed on sea travel, or optional sea travel.

Imagine 2 main islands With a big town in each island were you could sell velvet, sugar and other merchandise.
A place were you could be a REAL merchant. Trading goods from one island to sell it for better coin on the other island and, visa versa.
Som smaller islands where factions could thrive, or good hiding places away from the navy's watchful eyes, cleansing the sea for cutthroats and pirates who takes advantage of the merchands cargo.

ofc, if the map were restricted to sea travel only, some players would maybe find it  annoying if they couldn't get to any ship, but i'm sure some "rafts" can be made like in the NEW spain map.

So many possibileties to be made.

I think some players (including me!) are tired  to mine, chop wood ect... I think an easy buy this here, and sell it better there system would improve players interest in making money instead of just going outlaw.

Just some dreams i have for this mod, wich is already a great mod but, adding more options to the gameplay will definetly earn more players.

allright then i hope some of you will find my post to their liking. Goodbye

We tried that before but the biggest problem is that an admin needs to reset the ships when they are sunken, then mainly people will go on foot again once the ships are sunken.

Well maybe then have alternative routes, islands linked toghether somehow so people can get by walking, on one of the maps you can go from one island to mainland via a raft (hold use to get tp there)

but must there be an admin on server for boats to respawn? cant the boats automatically spawn if they are sunk?

for the trolls i dont know... they will always be in game creating difficulties but thats just how it is.

Even so i think the 2 main islands should be big enough for players to have access to most things like iron, hunting ground, some forts maybe.
I have seen some lesser boats in napoleoninc, maybe if you get permission you could use those, so that players have more alternative ways instead of getting by, not only sailing big ships.

but i see your point. If these thing is not possible at all, a map with SEA access to the forts (towns) aswell as access via land would also be a cool map.
as long as there is lotsa ships:grin:

How about 2 big towns, two big island with open sea around, linked toghether with 2 rope bridges on the left and right side in the middle  of the map. 4 forts outside town 2 on each side, plus 1 fort in each town.

Each fort should have their own port.

each fort can be sailed to around the map. a gap in middle of the map wich can be sailed thorugh, or walked over by the 2 bridges i mentioned earlier.
Behind each town is a big port with marked and training spots. Were merchands can sell their goods like i mentioned in the previous post. A bandit island where bandits can sell their (stolen) goods. bandits should be able to access mainland via a raft like on  the new spain map.
Another island where miners can mine gold, silver and iron. Maybe a shipwrecks from a giant ship in the middle of the ocean where you can buy various equipment from guns to tools.

Sorry for the long post, get abit carried away when i think of the possibilleites.

maybe this is more realistic

Dear Jonaasz, Let's say who I am.

I'm BlackSniper, I'm the scene editor of PF EU.
Since a week, i'm done with this new version of roleplay with Great Plains.
I'm now going to make a new map with islands, ships etc.

I'm working on it and screenshots won't be released yet.
To get the latest updates about it, you could press on this link:
http://www.pf-official.eu/forums/index.php?topic=560.0

BlackSniper
Game Admin, Scene Editor, Second Event Coördinator

Awesome mate!
I look forward to see how the editing goes.
I appreciate you replying to my posts, it shows that you care about the players thoughts and wishes.
I bet this new map i gonna be a favourite in the future.

See ya in-game!

Checked out the screens of the new map you're making, looks really good so far. I hope you add some new trading possibilleties wich includes ship travelling.
selling sugar, rum, velvet and wine, so players can be real tradesmen. Selling their materials at places who pays good money for their cargo.
Don't know if this is possible or if you can do this, but it would surely be a nice addition to how player make their coin.

I think you shjould add a new class for the highwaymen... Captain maybe?

Rifles are really op in this mod, maybe limiting their accessabillity will reduce players getting shot before they can do anything.

More Swords would be awesome, i dont think this is you're area but some curved sword's for fighting on a deck of ship like cutlass, sabers even raipier/smallswords would be a nice option for players. There are so many guns in this mod so maybe some more melee weapons would be fun?:razz:

"selling sugar, rum, velvet and wine"
Wine and Beer is possible. Limit items in Persistent.

"I think you shjould add a new class for the highwaymen... Captain maybe?"
It should be possible to set change_troop_captain to highwaymen.

"More Swords would be awesome"
I could try to add some swords, but remember, they don't have unlimited stock like infantry sword and short sword

nice and thanks. Im looking forward to play the new map, I just hope the players will like sea maps as much as i do.

Jonaasz said:
nice and thanks. Im looking forward to play the new map, I just hope the players will like sea maps as much as i do.

With the new model system we can add new things ingame (weapon textures item textures) so we are able to make a captain class/pirate class with good looking gear.

sound like something the plebs are gonna enjoy!
I hope you add a nice and cool looking cutlass for naval battles, maybe some more elegant swords with elaborate hilts for the officers?

adding a sword with a mounted pistol on the side would definatley make players interested. Like a legendary weapon or something.

i remember pw used to have legendary weapons they probably still do but they dont have guns!

A fighting stance could also be possible if you can make it. in vikingr the players could bash their shields before combat.
Maybe you could do something similar? Pointing the sword against you're enemy/prey to let them know you mean business.

Mount and Blade would be pretty exciting with Naval battles, except for the Napoleonic wars which have some naval ships, but  they are not, that... Eh... Exciting, heh.

may i suggest some changes in the map design?

i just played the amazon map yet but there are a few things i what to suggest:

1. i think every fort needs a bank, the forts without a bank are somehow useless
2. i think we should somehow let the players actually trade; like there is just 1 iron mine, so the controlling faction can sell iron, or the animals are just  in the lands of the natives, so you need to buy the leather from them
3. I think every uniform should be avirable at every fort
4. the most important i would say: make more then one way to get into the forts or place the door in a way, that you cant shoot the "doorbreaks" from the walls and need to charge out... its nearly impossible to conquer a fort wich is guarded by more than 2 men

Back
Top Bottom