(80) Txt Tweaks for Europe 1200 Updated 06-20-2016

Users who are viewing this thread

Alex_S said:
cool, thnx, I might try it sometime :smile:
and, yes, it's always a good idea to back up the files you modify, saves you some hassle if you mistype or smth.

I remember finding a while ago a tool that incorporates similar tweaks into a neat little piece of software that allows you to play around with some variables without going into the actual txt files. It was designed with specific mods in mind, but worked with everything I tried however I don't remember if I tested it on E1200 or not.
No idea if it's still in development but I found the link again
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?topic=101731.0

EDIT:
Actually now that I look at the forum post it looks like that thing does a lot more than it did when I first discovered it, guess it's still being developed.

LOL, dude I know.  :grin:  If you read my 1st post of this thread, you'd see how I described Tweak M&B as being the original basis for my desire to help E1200. 

oh lol, wasn't paying attention  :oops:
hadn't visited the forum in a while so there was a lot of stuff to glance through, no need to say I haven't done a very thorough job of it  :lol:

Hey, mate! Do you think you could use this tweak to in-game equip your troops? And weren't there some tweaks about not letting your companions leave when upset (there was one, that I remember, which included something like the two disgruntled companions to fight it out or something, f.e.)?

ooh, another great tweak, easy to do too :grin:
trouble is you can give equipment to troops but can't change the guarantee_item protocols so you might end up with messed up units at times, plus it's a huge exploit but cool nontheless.

I'm just reading this as of now.  I was going to take a look at it and then I saw what Alex just wrote...

So Alex_S,  are you saying that you've actually used that tweak - > " to in-game equip your troops " ?

Can you confirm it works with E1200?

========================

Hey NikeBG...

I do believe E1200 currently doesn't have any conflicts when it comes to companions.  Meaning so far you can get about 23 Hero Companions to join you and they won't have any conflicts.  I love playing this way as it currently is.  :smile:

I know that Korinov plans to enable the conflicts at some future date...but Yes I do believe that there is a way to "TURN OFF" hero conflict interaction.    I hope that he will keep that choice available in the mod options located in "CAMP" . 

Lastly...I've never heard of a tweak where the 2 disgruntled companions fight it out.  That's new to me.  haha.   

Yes it works for E1200

Here it is for this mod:
In conversation.txt find the following 2 lines:

dlga_member_chat:regular_member_talk 4095 13  0 Your_orders_{sir/madam}?  1753  0 NO_VOICEOVER
dlga_regular_member_talk:view_regular_char_requested 69631 1753  0 Tell_me_about_yourself  1754  0 NO_VOICEOVER

between them insert these 2 lines:
dlga_regular_member_talk:regular_member_trade 69631 1753  0 Let_me_see_your_equipment.  2000  0 NO_VOICEOVER
dlga_regular_member_trade:regular_member_talk 4095 2000  0 Very_well,_it's_all_here...  1755  1 2051 0 NO_VOICEOVER

so in the end it will look like this:
dlga_member_chat:regular_member_talk 4095 13  0 Your_orders_{sir/madam}?  1753  0 NO_VOICEOVER
dlga_regular_member_talk:regular_member_trade 69631 1753  0 Let_me_see_your_equipment.  2000  0 NO_VOICEOVER
dlga_regular_member_trade:regular_member_talk 4095 2000  0 Very_well,_it's_all_here...  1755  1 2051 0 NO_VOICEOVER
dlga_regular_member_talk:view_regular_char_requested 69631 1753  0 Tell_me_about_yourself  1754  0 NO_VOICEOVER

Haven't tested it thoroughly but it seems to work. Results are easiest to see when you substitute an item with another item.
And of course there are issues with it, like the fact that the guarantee item flags remain unchanged and the fact that, apparently, there is no way to give them more variety when it comes to armors, just substitute existing ones with new ones. You can add more weapons I think but wether or not they use them depends, in part, on the flags I mentioned and, of course, on the unit's skills. Also most units already have a sizeable pool of weapons to choose from.

It's a cool tweak but E1200 already has historically accurate, balanced units so I have little incentive to use it here, maybe when I'll start my next kingdom I'll create some sort of praetorian guard with it's help.

Subitai said:
I do believe E1200 currently doesn't have any conflicts when it comes to companions.  Meaning so far you can get about 23 Hero Companions to join you and they won't have any conflicts.  I love playing this way as it currently is.  :smile:
Aye, though it wouldn't hurt to be ready. And I personally prefer that tweak (where you don't allow them to leave) instead of the "disable companion interactions", because the latter also disables all the quarrelling/appreciation text, which can be quite interesting and further helps reveal someone's character or story. :wink:

Alex_S said:
It's a cool tweak but E1200 already has historically accurate, balanced units so I have little incentive to use it here, maybe when I'll start my next kingdom I'll create some sort of praetorian guard with it's help.
Exactly. I also envisioned it mostly for the cases when you create your own kingdom and become a mighty empire, able to field better-equipped troops than the original ones. Of course, I guess you could always do that with the Troop Editor (I'm not sure if it's save-game compatible though), but having an in-game option is quite more accessible.

Thanks for the update Alex_S!

NikeBG said:
Subitai said:
Aye, though it wouldn't hurt to be ready. And I personally prefer that tweak (where you don't allow them to leave) instead of the "disable companion interactions", because the latter also disables all the quarrelling/appreciation text, which can be quite interesting and further helps reveal someone's character or story. :wink:

Ok NikeBG...I went ahead and looked for that tweak... "Disabling Companion Complaints" and I think I found it, but i'm not 100%  certain.  What I mean is...once again it looks different in E1200 but I've taken a pretty good guess as to where it's located and how to change it should the need arise in the future.  Currently, if this is what is doing it...it's set to Disable Complaints.    Would still need to test it however. 

If Korinov does put the complaints on, i'm not certain if this method is how he would do it.  I just hope he puts a toggle at least to switch them off.

An excerpt about the tweak from the GOD of tweaks himself : "theMageLord"

"The only thing this does is make companions not interact with eachother - they won't compliment eachother, they won't complain - and they won't leave due to disliking someone. If you want a really big party without bothering with figuring out who hates who, this is useful."

*** EDIT *** 

I did some more digging around and found another tweak:  Enabling the option to refuse to let your companions quit.

However unlike the tweak above (which seems to be enabled...THIS one is not enabled in E1200.  So i'm a little confused now. 

Mabe it's just a simple answer...E1200 doesn't need this.  :smile:

teutonic77 said:
We dont what Companion Complaints , its perfect the way it is. We want Byzantium Empire :grin:

Dude I totally agree with you...

I have to say... "I REGRET" mentioning in another post ( a while back) that "I thought E1200 was fine the way it was". 

I was wrong...now when I try to play smaller MOD maps....all I can do is MISS playing E1200 !!! 

I'm still gonna always wish for more and more cool features that enhance gameplay however.  :cool: :cool:

ALSO I added 3 NEW TWEAKs ... First thread page > Third Page of tweaks down 

Change how much renown + for winning the tournament (Pitfights)

Disable Stat loss for games over (757 days)

Tweak to let villagers always fight back regardless of your numbers

Subitai said:
*** EDIT *** 

I did some more digging around and found another tweak:  Enabling the option to refuse to let your companions quit.

However unlike the tweak above (which seems to be enabled...THIS one is not enabled in E1200.  So i'm a little confused now. 

Mabe it's just a simple answer...E1200 doesn't need this.  :smile:
Aye, that's exactly the one I meant. I personally "hate" the "Disable Companion Complaints" tweak (which, as you said, is currently set On by Korinov, but I hope it will be set off soon enough), because it doesn't show you all the dialogues of the companions and thus you lose a portion of their story and character. Still, it's a useful tweak as well, once you get to know them well enough... :smile:

Added 2 more tweaks today...  First thread page > Third Page of tweaks down 

Tweak the "Honor" gained after allowing a defeated Lord to go free

- Having trouble getting your honor back up?  Here you go.  :cool:
- This is especially useful as a counter benefit if you're not using the other (posted) tweak "Adjust the Honor Lost for refusal to ransom lords"

Tweak the "Right to Rule" gained when sending companions out to speak on your behalf

- Who says you only have to get 3+  Right to Rule every time you have a companion go out?  What if you've started a new game because you lost your original save and you're trying to import your character and get him back to where he was?  You can use this to get your RTR back up in a hurry.  Set it to what ever you want.

fleckys80 said:
please can you upload your txt files?

Ok dude, just because you asked... I made my files available for all to look at on the 1st page.

All clean in a zip file. 

Let me know how it works out for you,  :smile: "O"

Added 1 more tweak today...  First thread page > Third Page of tweaks down 

Tweak Arena award amounts 

- Don't think the arena is worth it?  You can use this to up the amounts...great for earning extra cash. 

- It's actually in 3 parts but all you really NEED to use is part A.  The other 2 is only to make the game SAY the right amounts during the conversations.  Otherwise, whatever your winnings...you'll see the correct amounts flash by in the lower left hand corner text. 

- My advice is...don't over do it by increasing the amounts too high, otherwise the game will not be challenging enough. 

P.S.  In case anyone is interested...Part A was included in my mini mod download.  I was actually in the process of testing it when I zipped that file. 

Added 2 more tweaks today...  First thread page > Third Page of tweaks down  (at the bottom)

Dictate who commands battle, you or someone else (regardless of marshall)

*** I HAVE NOT TESTED THIS MYSELF...it's a low priority for me. But from my experience in dealing with these tweaks...this one seems very plausible.  If someone does use it, please leave feedback for me.  :smile:

Also added:  Way to change the maximum number of Bandit types spawned

Top of 4th page of tweaks down

Black_Scythe said:
Will these work on the next version?
From what I've heard about the next update, Korinov has said he's mostly just going to add
Byzantines.  I dont see how that would effect all the cool tweaks :cool:

I dont think he would change stuff just to stop me from researching the tweaks...he's gotta
Know by all the hour's I've put into this how much i'm supporting E1200 right?
( me  looking for a pat on the back )  ... :wink:

Back
Top Bottom