Roads?

Users who are viewing this thread

Ashram

Recruit
It seems a bit weird that the cities are lost in the wilderness w/o any road to connect them together. In my ver humble opinion (:razz:), I think there should be roads between cities, that regular caravanes, paysants and normal people would follow, leaving going astary to military bands patrolling, bandits, etc. That would help choose the targets of opportunity, too: bandits would be more likely to attack the roads, since that's where the caravanes are, and if you away, you wouldn't know what you'd fall on. Could also have a small speed bonus while traveling on roads.

Good idea.... sure it will happen.
BTW, has anyone noticed that your party will detour from seemingly the shortest direct routes between towns to shuffle through the forests? I have to take waypoints to avoid them which is mildly annoying.

:smile: Yes, roads are need desperately. I've often been dismayed at having to spend two minutes riding across Caladria and had suggested, at the last council meeting that we demolish Rivacheg for a inter-continental super highway bypass and Count Zaphod Beeblebrox wholeheartedly agreed and asked why I was bringing the subject up once more.

Rathyr said:
e) Caravans and other npc parties would "lock on" (Use waypoints) to the roads instead of taking the most direct rout to wherever they are going.

They wouldn't have to use way points, they would follow the line of the road, exactly! I mean, if i can (im 15) programme a basic robot, with a basic programme, to follow a line on the ground, i'm sure it could be done in game. Also, this would allow for sharp twists/bends/shicanes and cross roads, other wise people would kinda go past them :sad:

No, I don't think so, because this is the link from the frequent suggestions and links guide, and anyway, if you lock all of teh threads on roads, your gunna get more :!: :cry:

It is indeed a link from the sticky. Roads are great ideas! Althoguh they will still be those dirt tracks from the middle ages and in the rain would slow your movement especialy with a wagon. Maybe for spotting there could be a visiability measure and different terrain types would block your visiabilty, eg forest.

i agree greatly, especially the idea of roads making you go faster (like rome total war on the map) but increasing the risk of attack. i hate wandering around in the wilderness at a 5.2 speed with nobody to fight...

And when your in the battle map and have attacked a caravan, the caravan wagons are on the road and the troops are defending the caravans and you have to ride over to them and kill them then take the caravan wagons

how that!!

________
killer rat

killer rat said:
And when your in the battle map and have attacked a caravan, the caravan wagons are on the road and the troops are defending the caravans and you have to ride over to them and kill them then take the caravan wagons

how that!!
_______
killer rat

Sounds sound! (think about it)

And it would be more interesting than normal fights.

Yeah, that's still something I'd like to see myself. Roads can actually be simulated on the world map as it is by making a thin strip of alternate terrain. Of course that just makes it look like a road and has no real functionality.

Janus said:
Yeah, that's still something I'd like to see myself. Roads can actually be simulated on the world map as it is by making a thin strip of alternate terrain. Of course that just makes it look like a road and has no real functionality.
  It would be nice if they offered a speed bonus and cancelled the forest movement penalty.  The simplest way to implement them for the character would be to have an "On Road/Off Road" toggle that a player could select in order to get his party to either stay on the road or ignore it.  It would certainly make it easier to find bandits and what-not to attack, especially if visiblitly in forested and hilly areas were decreased.

I suppose any discussion about roads leads automatically to a discussion about ambushes.

Bump

Since Forrests create a speed reduction, I would be for triple:

Roads: no modifier
Normal : 25% reduction modifer
Forrests: 50% rediction modifier

It also seems that day and night do or could play a part:
Day: no modifiers
Night: 25% speed redution, 75% radar reduction, 75% tracking reduction

Thus that party of 300 Swardians that have been chasing you for hours, just might could be lost if you make it to midnight and good road!

Caravans should follow roads when they can

The world map need a urgent revamp, not only for roads  :smile:. It´s boring and ugly as it is. And it could be really fun,if some sugestions already made , like this one, were implemented.

Back
Top Bottom