Version 0.772 Released!

Users who are viewing this thread

FYI
  Moddb is still presenting .71 patch as latest; it simply hasn't approved the .72 patch yet.
So be alert for version until they approve the .72 download. 

Nexus is ready with .72; its live already.

- GS

gsanders said:
FYI
  Moddb is still presenting .71 patch as latest; it simply hasn't approved the .72 patch yet.
So be alert for version until they approve the .72 download. 

Nexus is ready with .72; its live already.

- GS

Nice present, thank you!

Merry Christmas to all  :grin:

Didn't see in the changelog...so i'll ask here:
in the new version, is there a tweak for "number of reinforcements waves" for battles or this aspect still remains equal to native...?

Thanks for another update.

Cheers

Haka said:
Merry Christmas to all  :grin:

Didn't see in the changelog...so i'll ask here:
in the new version, is there a tweak for "number of reinforcements waves" for battles or this aspect still remains equal to native...?

Thanks for another update.

Cheers
Unfortunately that feature did not make this version. We were busy with bugfixes but I will do my best to get it into the next version.

It was supposed to have no coding changes different from my beta 3 days ago but I'm not certain the right source was used.  I need to compare what Mich has with mine and make sure we both have the same code.  I say thin only because Princesses should be available and some say one wasn't.  I'll look into this because if anything else went back in time I need to put a 721 up fast (as another patch named 72 wont be auto updated for those who had older code, which still just a theory.

I want to conference and we'll see what is fact and what is fancy shortly.  Some last minute things may have overwritten the code I thought we were using with stale copies of something several weeks obsolete.  I'll know that shortly as I sift through "damage reports" from the last 12 hours.

- GS

Here try this:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4sh7GRykLgEZVdsb1V3UEFyWnM/view?usp=sharing        <-- the patch I thought was up yesterday compiled at my PC

Can't say I'm having any issues currently with the game.

No crashes or bugs thus far. Thank you very much for the patch. If I come across anything I'll post as always.

cheesehat said:
Right...so I install 0.72 over 0.71 right?

What did I do wrong this time...

yes the patch can go over any version .70, 71, 72
BUT It's NOT savegame compatible (sorry about that) due to massive items changes.

I don't anticipate any further items changes until .8 is released.

- GS

MuSoLiN said:
hey guys marry xmas and thank u for relase

I have 1 question how to use merchants ledger? i dont understand...

sure.  When you go to market and ask prices, merchant ledger writes these for you so you do not forget.
Now if you travel from city to city it remembers prices and what are most profit for trading at different cities.
it may also remember other text given for quests and dialogs.

I mostly gave everyone that book so they can have some chance to remember what was said to them.  I did not think
they should have to buy one in game, the game should help them from day 1.  Hopefully you found also for .721 there is
slightly more money at start to help find mercenaries and companions.  It still will not be easy to start in Perisno, but before
was crazy difficult.

- GS

gsanders said:
MuSoLiN said:
hey guys marry xmas and thank u for relase

I have 1 question how to use merchants ledger? i dont understand...

sure.  When you go to market and ask prices, merchant ledger writes these for you so you do not forget.
Now if you travel from city to city it remembers prices and what are most profit for trading at different cities.
it may also remember other text given for quests and dialogs.

I mostly gave everyone that book so they can have some chance to remember what was said to them.  I did not think
they should have to buy one in game, the game should help them from day 1.  Hopefully you found also for .721 there is
slightly more money at start to help find mercenaries and companions.  It still will not be easy to start in Perisno, but before
was crazy difficult.

- GS
ok ty and where can i check logs in merchants ledger? i cant seem to find it :grin:

Nooo why did u change quiin arlina previous she was better and prettier :sad:

and 1 more thing i think i have bug sometimes far away game dont shop units faces and its all white color units dont have faces until u go near them

gsanders said:
It was supposed to have no coding changes different from my beta 3 days ago but I'm not certain the right source was used.  I need to compare what Mich has with mine and make sure we both have the same code.  I say thin only because Princesses should be available and some say one wasn't.  I'll look into this because if anything else went back in time I need to put a 721 up fast (as another patch named 72 wont be auto updated for those who had older code, which still just a theory.

I want to conference and we'll see what is fact and what is fancy shortly.  Some last minute things may have overwritten the code I thought we were using with stale copies of something several weeks obsolete.  I'll know that shortly as I sift through "damage reports" from the last 12 hours.

- GS

Here try this:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4sh7GRykLgEZVdsb1V3UEFyWnM/view?usp=sharing        <-- the patch I thought was up yesterday compiled at my PC

Installed this version over 0.7 vanilla

Still can't marry princesses (I use this to check I have the right version installed)
Also, the intro screen says 0.71

What am I doing wrong?

Still can't marry princesses (I use this to check I have the right version installed)

What am I doing wrong?

As for it saying .71, that's something at my end.  I have not really been adjusting that, I have to find which line in the source sets that.  I only have 180,000 lines to search.

As for the princess, nice of you to ask.  I have THIS for you:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4sh7GRykLgEbS1YRjlWRlFmdm8/view?usp=sharing

use this instead, I force not only Princess to have no lovers first minute, but EVERY time "Lords" get girlfriends the princesses reset to available UNLESS they are being courted by you already, in which case YOUR friendship with them is not reset.  I do this for both princesses, who are also "lords" so it gets somewhat complicated.  I tested this myself today and also found a dialog to correct so it is twice as nice.    Finally Rhinos are a bit smaller to make them not look odd with a player sinking into them.

It is a patch that does works with any .7 series.  Make a new game for the princess to be available.

- GS

gsanders said:

What am I doing wrong?

As for it saying .71, that's something at my end.  I have not really been adjusting that, I have to find which line in the source sets that.  I only have 180,000 lines to search.

As for the princess, nice of you to ask.  I have THIS for you:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4sh7GRykLgEbS1YRjlWRlFmdm8/view?usp=sharing

use this instead, I force not only Princess to have no lovers first minute, but EVERY time "Lords" get girlfriends the princesses reset to available UNLESS they are being courted by you already, in which case YOUR friendship with them is not reset.  I do this for both princesses, who are also "lords" so it gets somewhat complicated.  I tested this myself today and also found a dialog to correct so it is twice as nice.    Finally Rhinos are a bit smaller to make them not look odd with a player sinking into them.

It is a patch that does works with any .7 series.  Make a new game for the princess to be available.

- GS

Right thanks for that, I will install over clean 0.7 to be sure, and hope to return with some good news:smile:

EDIT: will try again, but that is the exact same download link as the one I tried already.

EDIT: All SEEMS to be working, good start!

Michadr said:
- [Fixed] Princess ages not consistent
- [Fixed] Kingdom Ladies cannot be courted "no one is available in our family for wedding"
- [Fixed] leakage of ladies across borders when building families
- [Fixed] Princesses (and Kingdom Ladies) with incorrect or not assigned personality types
- [Fixed] cleared Princesses from receiving love interests at start of game
- [Removed] tavern brawl music
- [Fixed] Queen Arlina is now Elf instead of human
- [Fixed] Drahara Elephant Riders do ride on elephants again
- [Fixed] Demon Marshal Ialoch horse is bugged, causes a crash
- [Added] New Ridable Animal
- [Fixed] Zann Troop Tree
- [Fixed] Dreaded One Crash
- [Fixed] Tolrania Kingsman will now spawn with helmets
- [Removed Buggy Formations]
- [changed]  Kingdom ladies and the families at start.  There are more of them, in more complex families, and most of them are marryable if not married and have either a father or brother listed in their family tree.  This had a small tweak for less spillover across borders for small kingdoms.
- [added] Queen Arlina is an elf now
- [fixed] Rulers and some lords now look slightly less aged.
- [fixed] Asking if a (male) player character can join a lord's family by marriage when that lord has an available daughter no longer returns a "no women in our family are available" response.
- [fixed, really this time!]  Princesses Linthrandil and Bergit have their suitors list cleared and skipped getting girlfriends, even though they are "lords"
- WIP    Orphans (ladies with no father or brother) can be found at court, and courted at feasts but they can't (yet) be married, as normally you have to ask their father or guardian, and even eloping has a check for that.  Thus it's a "work in progress"
- [fixed] temperaments of ladies broken in .71, fixed in .72, allowing courting to resume (poetry etc work again)
- [fixed, I hope]  Marriage cut scene often flipped roles if you were a male player marrying either of the two female princesses.  The game sees they are of type "lord" and presumed you MUST be a female, so wanted to honor you with a beautiful wedding dress.  Much hilarity ensued... Hopefully its a little better now.

To hell with princesses and their weddings....
What about missing female faces (replaced by white oval from the distance)?

Don't get me wrong, I am absolutely happy and grateful that the work on the modification is being continued and bugs are being fixed.
It's just the matter of priorities. Missing faces are really immersion-breaking and for now seem to be only real issue left in 0.7x versions. Princesses can wait (imo). The bugs with them are specific and can be easily avoided (since you have an option NOT to court them) while the face bug is much more general and can hardly be avoided.

Back
Top Bottom