Version 0.772 Released!

Users who are viewing this thread

Hi there. Just wanted to pop in and express my appreciation. Been a while since I picked up M&B, but this has definitely been the mod to bring me back. I'd say its up there with PoP, and that's was my flagship mod back in the day. Please keep up the great work and thanks again.

Mk3390 said:
Hi there. Just wanted to pop in and express my appreciation. Been a while since I picked up M&B, but this has definitely been the mod to bring me back. I'd say its up there with PoP, and that's was my flagship mod back in the day. Please keep up the great work and thanks again.

mate, you are not alone!  :cool:

Mk3390 said:
Thank you very much, we appreciate it and hope you enjoy the mod :smile:

Add to changelog:
- [Added] One More New Random Event (possibly more to come)

-4v6b.jpg

0.7 will have unique scenes for various locations, stay tuned! :grin:

still making the Kreigstein Duchy troops....  very hard to balance medium level stuff here....  OH and i may have accidentally made the claimant to Duchy throne....  Hehehe....

The Dark Robin said:

I can't dance so you are still great  :grin:

Since we have new female face I am thinking about new lady/ wife quests that may be interesting. As before they are so ugly that we hardly want to do any quest for them :lol:

Could I have some feedback on the current hero spawns? Are they too weak or too strong? What type of army is used to defeat them? This is so I can balance them and compare them to the new ones I added.

Something unusual said:
Could I have some feedback on the current hero spawns? Are they too weak or too strong? What type of army is used to defeat them? This is so I can balance them and compare them to the new ones I added.
Most of them are quite balanced. But Zolona is too weak (killable even by hero+NPCs party, without any soldiers), Nibor spawns too often (perhaps you must set some respawn time for him), Third Legion needs slightly increased numbers of cavalry (and Octavius still can be persuaded to join your party) and Foreign Invaders and Warlords (Rafklazan's party) still have no body armors and therefore are extremely vulnerable to archers\xbows.

T.L.S. said:
Something unusual said:
Most of them are quite balanced. But Zolona is too weak (killable even by hero+NPCs party, without any soldiers), Nibor spawns too often (perhaps you must set some respawn time for him), Third Legion needs slightly increased numbers of cavalry (and Octavius still can be persuaded to join your party) and Foreign Invaders and Warlords (Rafklazan's party) still have no body armors and therefore are extremely vulnerable to archers\xbows.
Foreign invaders having no armor is intended, it is their tradition to "fight like men" without real armor  :shock:
Thanks for catching the Octavius bug! I have fixed it. Why do you say that they need increased cavalry numbers?
Zolona will be like Nibor in 0.7, with a ton of bandits following after her so she isn't too easy to farm off and defeat.

I think most of the hero spawns are generally balanced enough, with most of them being a challenge to defeat but with good loot and rewards at the end (apart from nibor hood, but I assume he is meant for  lower-leveled players with worse and fewer troops).

having tried to fight the dreaded one a few times, they may seem ridiculously overpowered at first (which they really are) but i think that kind of fits to have a late game challenging battle where normally you would just be able to steamroll absolutely everything with your 1000+ elite troops. granted, you will probably beat them if you have that sort of power but if you just blindly send troops to charge rather than playing tactically you will have horrible losses on your end - it requires actual skill to beat them without losing tonnes of your top tier troops.

i haven't come across the second new 6.1 hero spawn or even a regular spawn of them, but i have found some of their troops as prisoners and from their stats and how they perform in battle it seems like they would be a nice mid-game challenge.

IMO adding bandit followers does not really increase difficulty, as they are so easy to kill. I think both Nibor and Zolona could use more honor troops, and regarding those, they (honor troops) are semi-OP when recruited. They have sick stats :smile:

Maybe it's because I'm a veteran warband player, but currently I find all the hero spawns too easy. I'm not sure how they could be buffed to be harder, other than significantly increase their army sizes, similar to what PoP did, so at least you start highly outnumbered. Just don't increase the numbers with only trash-units like bandits, as they are pretty much free xp.

When you defeat them, it would be cool if you could do more than just take their money. Like perhaps take one of their items/a unique mount, or maybe even let them go if they allow themselves to be recruited as mercenaries from your castle.

Disclaimer: I haven't actually encountered The Dreaded One yet, so maybe he will kick my ass.

Wright now Legion can be simply overruned by bunch of heavy cavalry, splited into two groups (one attacks in front with "Charge", second is flanking with "Follow me"). There are 2 ways to prevent it - increase number of Legion's cavalry or add some infantry with long spears for them. Legion archers have awesome damage but weak armor and great numbers of them cannot save from heavy cavalry focused charge.

T.L.S. said:
Nibor's guards have strongest range damage in whole game but weak in close combat - balance.

I don't mind them being crazy strong, only that they can be recruited :smile:

Regarding the hero npcs again:
The High Priestess of Amara seems to have messed up stats. Like 450 in archery, but no bow and 3 in power draw, and 8 in power throw, but only 130 in throwing skill

T.L.S. said:
He will. Nice guy. Recalls me PoP's Dread Legion :smile:

Dread legion is a walk in the park compared to the dreaded one IMO, at least from my experiences, and so is eyegrim from PoP as well really. ALL the troops in the dreaded nightmare have 100+ health (dunno about the dread legion's troop stats, haven't played PoP for a while now).

most are heavily armoured and the ones that aren't will still probably take a couched lance to the face without dying ( i haven't tested, the only game i have ever had the guts to fight him was on my elf horse-archer save). I tried picking on him when he only had 60 troops left, and i had about 150-200. let's just say I didn't enjoy the time I spent with him.

Back
Top Bottom