SP Fantasy [WB] Gothic: Conquest - A Gothic 3 Based Fantasy Mod

Users who are viewing this thread

9jakub9

Sergeant at Arms
Scroll down for the progress log and images of the mod so far!

The mod is on a hiatus untill i get my "legal" mod, Dawn of Man to a working stage.

Gothic: Conquest - A Gothic 3 Based Mod

Setting: War has broke out in the lands of Myrtana. Orc forces have destroyed almost everyone that remains loyal to the king and that fights for humanity, all that is left of the human armies is a bunch of rebels scattered around the lands, hidden in forests, caves and in the mountains. Venguard, the human capital is under siege by the orcs, Using ancient magic King Rhobar lifted a magic barrier around venguard to stop anymore orc forces comming into the city but the orcs that remain inside constantly attack the castle in which the king has barricaded himself with the survivors. While the orc forces lead by Kan whipe out all that remains of humans and enslave the ones that survive, they lack luck in the cold mountains of Northmar, even a creature as strong as the orc struggles to capture the northern lands. In the eastern deserts of Varrant, the alliance between Zuben's assassins and the orcs is uncertain and close to the state of no return, war. The nomads of Varrant struggle to take back their ancient lands, baricaded inside ancient ruins, the water mages plan revolutions in nearby villages. A hero arrives into the lands of Myrtana, this hero is YOU! Will you join the struggle of the last standing humans, hunt in the north for pray bigger than ever, help the orc forces crush all that remains of humans or will you chose another path? The possibilities are endless!

Main Factions:

Kingdom of Myrtana:
The Kingdom of Myrtana was once a glorious kingdom in the central lands. Now, it is overrun by orcs. King Rhobar II remains barricaded under a magical
barrier in the human capital, Venguard. With the men and women that remain, he remains sheltered until a hero from the outside comes
and decides the kingdom's fate. Outside of Venguard, in the former Kingdom of Myrtana, where The Orc Empire now rules, human prisoners,
survivors and old knights gather around in rebel camps to plan a revolution, a revolution that would restore Myrtana's former glory and
bring back the peace that there once was. Kingdom of Myrtana's troops wear all types of armor, from light leather armors to heavy
full plated armors, they fight with all weapons they have available, whether it is maces, swords, pole-arms, bows, crossbows or any other
type of weapons, for their defense they use shields and rely on their armor. The Myrtanians obey the good god Innos.

The Orc Empire:
The Orc Empire is a great enemy of the humans. Orcs from The Orc Empire located far more to the north than Nordmar,
Orcs have been at war with humans for years, their reason was absence of food in their lands. The northern lands have
really hardened the orcs, while orcish fathers followed Emperor Kan to war to take over the whole of Myrtana, their wives
and children stayed back in the north waiting for their men to return. An orcs greatest possession is his weapon, armor and
most importantly his honor. The orcs wear medium-weighed armor and carry very heavy and deadly weapons, they fight with weapons
only crafted by their smiths and think of human weapons as trash. The orcs fight with orcish axes, swords, poleaxes and heavy crossbows.
The orcish race is a very proud race, they also have wise shamans and an amazing and thriving warrior culture. The orcs obey the evil god Beliar.

The Hashishin Empire:
The Hashishin Empire is a thriving empire of people that settled in the deserts of Varant. The Hashishin Empire is ruled by
Zuben, the highest in the ranks of dark mages. The Hashishin co-operate with the orcs but as long as there is coin, the whole
Hashishin Empire seems like their only target is to fill their sacks with gold, whether it is by co-operating with the orcs
or by destroying ancient ruins in search of expensive artifacts. The Hashishin are the best traders in the whole of Myrtana,
they also have very skilled thieves and amazing warriors, the Hashishin warriors do not use a shield or wear heavy armor,
they have developed their techniques of wielding two weapons at once and became masters of the art, they also have Hashishin
bows which are much stronger than the average Myrtanian bows, they also learned the techniques of poisoning their weapons.
The Hashishin take pride in living their life how they want and do what ever they want with all of their riches, the Hashishin
life is the easy life. The Hashishin obey the evil god Beliar.

The Barbarian Clans:
The Barbarian Clans are located in the northern mountains of Northmar, they consist of The Wolf Clan, The Hammer Clan and The Fire Clan. The men of the north are as hardy and as fierce as
the orcs when it comes to battle, the orcish race respects the barbarians unlike the weak Myrtanians. The orcs claim that it is an honor to fight with barbarian warriors. The barbarians treasure
their peaceful and quiet landscapes, they would lay their lives to protect what they love. The barbarians are considered by many to be a far away nation that has nothing to do with the affairs in
Myrtana and Varant mainly because of how hard it is to get through the wilderness of Northmar and into one of the clans. The barbarians are the best hunters on the continent, their smiths mastered the art of crafting masterpiece weapons using their magic ore and they compete well against the orcish smiths. The barbarians use bows, swords and axes as their main weapons and they do not have massive armies but rumors say, that one of their orc hunters could take down 10 orcs on his own. The barbarians just like the orcs have adapted to their harsh environment which really strengthened them over time as a race and made them thrive in a place where an ordinary man or woman would either starve or be pray to wild wolves and shadow beasts. The barbarians obey the good god Innos.

I wouldn't mind some help, i need help in about everything as i am a jack of all trades and master of none. If you want to be a part of this project then just message me, i would be very thankful.

[size=18pt]The progress log:

I WILL UPDATE THIS LATER TO A LIST OF WHAT IS READY.
I will upload more stuff later:

Orc Hunter:
zcpf0E1.jpg

Barbarian Helmet:
lr9G8My.png

Barbarian Warriors:
sqnfOrZ.png

Hashishin Novices
fGtPwUv.png

Mage Armors
bZEfw5G.jpg

Mages in action:
U1SAGJJ.jpg
bnwWLqC.jpg

Few of the items that are in the mod so far:
ELZqPXF.png

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A few signatures, if you like the mod then please use them, this will grant the mod more popularity and i will really appreciate it!

Signature kindly posted to me by Belendor.
Q6Cqhm1.jpg

A few nice signatures by rryder64x.
GothicConquest_zpsfafb7d42.png

GothicConquest3_zpsc55e3cc2.png

GothicConquest2_zps6a76dc7d.png

Signature made by me.
48SZMsA.jpg

The Dark Robin said:
Good luck, the orc race looks nice. :smile:

Thanks, there is more to come :grin: Thanks for the good luck guys this inspires me to make the mod for people that actually want it :grin:

AS I SAID I AM STILL RECRUITING, IF YOU HAVE ANY MODDING SKILL AND YOU WANT TO HELP OUT THEN  PLEASE TELL ME ASAP!

I believe that most experienced modders are too bored or too busy to commit themselves in another all new project. I think it would be best for you to post some references of what you want so that you may attract Freelancers who would be interested in making something specific to the Gothic lore. I am posting this because you seem like someone who has some skill and doesn't just have ideas which he expects to be materialised from others. It is hard to attract volunteers in such an early stage of a mod. Keep working and Good Luck nonetheless.

TheLoneWolf1 said:
I believe that most experienced modders are too bored or too busy to commit themselves in another all new project. I think it would be best for you to post some references of what you want so that you may attract Freelancers who would be interested in making something specific to the Gothic lore. I am posting this because you seem like someone who has some skill and doesn't just have ideas which he expects to be materialised from others. It is hard to attract volunteers in such an early stage of a mod. Keep working and Good Luck nonetheless.

Thanks, i will keep on working to get this to a pretty stage. :grin:

I noticed in the lore, you mentioned magic. Will it be included in your mod? Also how about the map? I hope you will make a new one.

Michadr said:
I noticed in the lore, you mentioned magic. Will it be included in your mod? Also how about the map? I hope you will make a new one.

[size=10pt]Dude, haha i am not stupid of course i will make a new map :grin: It will be around the size of the default map maybe even bigger, just stick around and wait untill i release some screenshots, right now i am working on the races, i am trying to get everything to work to have beautiful orcs roam the lands. The map will be the whole Myrtana not just the middle lands.

Oh and about magic, i have found a few sources, magic will come in, but that is for later, for now i need to get the basics to work.
[/size]

*PSST*, I'm also adding sea combat and pirates from Gothic 2, maybe later even Korinis, we will see :wink:

EDIT:

The map will be much bigger, i just calculated and planned it all. Oh and back to magic, it is one of the best things in the Gothic series so i will do my best to implement that but as i said far into the future.

It seems pretty cool so far, and you've achieved a lot on these few days you've been working on the mod.

Good luck with it :smile:

Backstay said:
It seems pretty cool so far, and you've achieved a lot on these few days you've been working on the mod.

Good luck with it :smile:

Thanks, i really appreciate it :smile:

Docm30 said:
Why would you skip past the excellent Gothic and Gothic 2 for the dreadful Gothic 3?

It would be to much work for 1 person to recreate all 3 Gothic games (Yes, to me Arcania doesn't exist, it is a bigger fail than Windows Vista). I am planning on adding places like Korinis and adding some items from G2 and G1 but at a later stage.

Docm30 said:
Why would you skip past the excellent Gothic and Gothic 2 for the dreadful Gothic 3?

Gothic 3 is ok, it's Arcania and Forgotten Gods that is ****ing dreadful. Anyway, remembering that Valley of Mines theme/battle theme brings great memories.

After all, you won't really be able to tell the quality of the mod from judging the quality of Gothic 3 just because it's a somewhat recreation :razz:

The mod might be fantastic, while the game isn't that good. I guess we'll find out :razz:

zincra said:
do you plan to add magic also. if yes then what solution you think, like phantasy calradia or have some better ideas?

As i have already mentioned to somebody else magic is one of the most important aspects of all Gothic games so of course there will be magic, i will be making my own magic system with the scrolls etc but magic will be one of the last objectives for me. I am now focusing to get the game to stand on both legs.

+Trying to put together a video to show a couple of orcs running out and about, for now they have the human body, i think they will for a while, until i get a skillful 3D modeler and UV-Mapper.

dat.

Belendor said:
+Trying to put together a video to show a couple of orcs running out and about, for now they have the human body, i think they will for a while, until i get a skillful 3D modeler and UV-Mapper.

dat.

I don't understand the message :grin:

Back
Top Bottom