[TDK] The Divine Knights (a new clan)

Are swadian Great lancers good?

• Aye! I stand with them for I am one of them.

Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Aye! I respect them.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • To hell with all of you! Real men throw potatoes at the enemy!

Votes: 10 35.7%
  • Nay! I kill them and their filthy horses.

Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Nay! I shoot them in the back whenever I see fit.

Votes: 8 28.6%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Rhoden

Regular
Greetings everyone I intend to start a new NA (North American) multiplayer clan for native warband. The clan as mentioned in the title will be known as 'The Divine Knights'. This clan will be primarily cavalry based with lancer classes being a mandatory requirement during our field battles. We will teach new recruits both the basics of infantry and cavalry in our training courses with an optional archery training also offered. Allow me to say that this clan is not competitive but may turn so in the future when we expand in size. Even players who don't know how to press their mouse buttons may join us for our training courses will elevate their infantry and cavalry skills to our clan standards. We have 4 members as of present including myself we are the founding members and are working together to hopefully better the clan. We are all recruits on the taleworlds forums.

Taleworlds: Rhoden,michaelvillena, Dawaraven

The members in order of seniority are:
[TDK]The_Knight_Rhoden
[TDK]michaelvillena
[TDK]Dawaraven

Hopefully in the future more people will join with us, especially those who seek cavalry based clanship. I must admit I'm rather new to all this starting a new multiplayer clan thing so I apologize for any mistakes I may have made or any important guideline I may have neglected.

Site: Currently do not have one, may have one soon if a talented web page designer decides to join or help us.

Recruitment: It is simple, post your mp nick, preferred class and skill level, and email address. Your age, name and location are not required for we do not believe in the extraction of private and personal information. It is also preferred that you PM any of the 4 founding members or any future recruiters. Either I or someone else will definitely get back yo your request to join.

Communications: We currently do not wish to implement teamspeak because it may prove to be too resource intensive for some members and thus may be an optional add on in the future. Simple  in game server chat will suffice for now until we have members more skilled in implementing advanced communications features.

Server: We do not have one, in the future though we may.

Training: These will be organized beforehand on the clan thread and it would be a nice fun practice session if you do make it. Take note that in order to receive promotions in rank you must show up for some practice sessions as these are the places you will be inspected.

Still very new to this and not sure what experienced clan leaders think, but I've got my hopes high and with hard work and a good attitude I'm sure we'll get very far.

Ranks:
Recruit
Novice Squire
Veteran Squire
Squire at Arms
Man at Arms or Scout at Arms
Veteran Man at Arms----Veteran Scout at Arms
Knight----Horse Archer

The division from Squire at Arms to the two branches is completely dependant on member choice once they have passed inspection and are deemed fit for a higher rank. New ranks may be added in the future to keep veteran players on their toes.
Players following the Knight tier branch are expected to charge into battle and wreak havoc when ordered (during battle gamemodes, your commander may be any of the founders or someone who is 5 ranks higher than you. Players following the Horse Archer tier are expected to take the flanks in cavalry formations and not to engage but to skirmish with the enemy only engaging in melee as a last resort. It should be noted that members are expected to follow direct orders at all times even if they defy rank laws such a horse archer charging into melee or a Knight taking the flanks. These scenarios where you will have to respond to command will be announced beforehand on the clan thread at an appointed time. Since we do not have server yet we may occasionally band up and raid an unsuspecting battle server so be on your guard. If any member happens to dismounted (due to the death of their horse) they shall follow orders as normal infantry or archers depending on rank and try to find and mount a horse as soon as possible if available.

I should also state that your email addresses are very much required to contact you so please do post them.

At the moment things are quite hectic so please be patient and considerate if your request hasn't been replied to (although I'm on the forums every day)

While we are native based feel free to drag our clan tag with you onto other modules and if possible play as cavalry there as well.

it is nice to see a new clan, but my friend if you get into competitive play you are going to need people good at every class. Cav is only 1 aspect of play, also HA isnt allowed in competitive

Which is why I said the maybe. We don't plan to go competitive until we have at least 10-15 more members and then maybe I will remove the Horse Archer class or restrict it to training only or have horse archers shift to throwing weapons only.

You make a valid point though about the good at every class. My cavalry skills are the reason why I started a cavalry based clan, my melee skills are mixed meaning my feints are ok but my blocking is horrendous and would make a looter bend over laughing. In terms of archery however I am average. Camano who I've seen in action is rather good at melee and cavalry but I have yet to see his ranged skills.
Dawaraven and michaelvillena are two people who I haven't seen in action yet. So in terms of all rounderness we're nearly there but not extremely good at it (although Camano probably is).

Im a pretty decent horse archer, and I fight with 2h or long 1h melee (2h sword, sword of war, long axe, bastard sword, sarranid cav sword, scimitar) from horseback instead of lances when acceptable.

Not sure how the horse archer thing will work unless this is a kherjit only clan. Especially because swadians only have crossbowmen.

Lastly "veteran squire" seems like a contradiction almost. I would have called it esteemed squire or something. Valourous squire maybe?

Well its a rank in name only so when someone with horse archer rank joins a nord vs rhodok match they should switch to cav with throwing weapons.

But its pretty good to hear about your horse archer skills we will need them for when recruits start showing up and someone has to train them.

Rhoden said:
Well its a rank in name only so when someone with horse archer rank joins a nord vs rhodok match they should switch to cav with throwing weapons.

What if its swadia vs rhodoks? War darts anyone?

Thanks for the luck my friend and if you can please point some known mp recruits or any recruit for that matter in our direction it would be greatly appreciated. :grin:

Aye, switch to war darts or any other throwing weapon for that matter. Ranged cavalry can be a force to be reckoned with on any gamemode.

Rhoden said:
Thanks for the luck my friend and if you can please point some known mp recruits or any recruit for that matter in our direction it would be greatly appreciated. :grin:
No problem. I won't recruit people for you, but if I get to know any newer players I'll mention your name :razz:

Thanks really. :grin: Not many people would just extend the helping hand like you, you have my appreciation my friend.

Good luck and 3 things 1: War darts not worth the money do like no damage. 2:Forum mods get mad at double posting just modify your post to add something and 3: 2 handers in scrims are almost useless unless the enemy archers suck(example: wK_Fidel_Lagstro always have a 2h when scrimming wk xD(jk dont he will **** on you)) also only if the person can block really well

MrNevino1 said:
Good luck and 3 things 1: War darts not worth the money do like no damage. 2:Forum mods get mad at double posting just modify your post to add something and 3: 2 handers in scrims are almost useless unless the enemy archers suck(example: wK_Fidel_Lagstro always have a 2h when scrimming wk xD(jk dont he will **** on you)) also only if the person can block really well

1. For swadia, it's worth it. 155 gold is what the price should be for all factions but sadly it isn't. 2. I double post in my stream thread all day long. I don't think it matters when it's your clan's thread. 3. They aren't there yet :razz: But it is a nice heads up.

Anyways, Good Luck. Hopefully you'll stay around :smile:

Cradoc said:
MrNevino1 said:

1. For swadia, it's worth it. 155 gold is what the price should be for all factions but sadly it isn't. 2. I double post in my stream thread all day long. I don't think it matters when it's your clan's thread. 3. They aren't there yet :razz: But it is a nice heads up.

psh dont correct me Cradoc know your place you Canadian

MrNevino1 said:
Cradoc said:
MrNevino1 said:

psh dont correct me Cradoc know your place you Canadian

Woah, woah, woah, back off of my fellow Californian.
Go attack Gelden instead.

Also, Rhoden, having some means of fast vocal communication if pretty crucial if you plan on doing well in the competitive scene if that is what you seek to be in one day. If you don't find it possible to pay for a mumble/ts3/etc, there are many people who are willing to share theirs for free if you just ask, especially since you have such few people, you wouldn't even come close to filling up anyone's ts server. I know there have been a few people who have even posted around here that they are willing to share their ts with people if you just ask. And if you don't feel like that would be a good idea, there is always steam chat group which can be used. It's not the best thing out there, but it's free and it's better than nothing.

Back
Top Bottom