Falling over - and bonuses for large weapons

Users who are viewing this thread

Harlequin_

Recruit
firstly, sorry if this has been suggested already.

one thing i noticed after a while is that although in the 'training' this happens quite often, people dont tend to get knocked over unless they get run into by a horse. i think that the fact that an enemy does not fall over very often if i hit them with a great axe, and they dont die, or are carrying a shield is quite strange.

i think that mount&blade would benefit from a bit more of a reaction from people being badly wounded ( maybe losing missile accuracy for the rest of the battle as well- Americas Army style ). after all, being hit with a giant axe, even on the shield, is going to hurt waaaaay more that a saddle horse stumbling into you. just a suggestion, but it would add a bit more realism to the game.

I'd really enjoy seeing that. sometimes I think to try and imitate the sluggish reaction of being wounded in battle, after a major hit, but it seems too much a difficulty.

That would be a nice edition, encouraging more precision in hitting (Hoping to disable those black knights by breaking both their arms. >P) and seems just overall a good idea.

Sometimes guys get knocked over if you smack em with a big blunt weapon like a sledge or a pole-hammer. (a rock-onna-stick by any other name..) Even a mace if you're strong enough. Since all the training weapons are blunts, and presumably large horses are also blunt weapons, maybe it's already implemented for this weapon type?

Would be nice to see it for big axes as well, but only really if they hit a shield. If you hit the man he won't ever be getting up again anyway :smile:

When man vs. horse; horse wins. I don't care how slow it's going, it will push you out of the way. But 'heavy' weapons should knock people over from time to time, especially blunt ones.

I always thought it was a bit odd to have men an inch from death fighting with all the vigour of those who are fully healthy. A simple way to introduce injuries having an effect would simply be to have it so after your character lost half health s/he would have a slower attack speed, a slower movement speed (and perhaps a limping animation) and be less accurate with ranged weapons. Should be pretty easy to implement as well.

Any players of Americas Army wil agree with this- your aim goes VERY wobbly and you become a lot less effective if you are wounded. a similar system in mount&blade would be a great addition IMO.

Stretching the topic a bit, I think large weapons should also be more difficult to parry than lighter ones. If one soldier is armed with a flimsy nomad saber and his opponent is wielding a sledgehammer, the saber-person certainly doesn't parry like he does in m&b. I think soldiers should take damage and occasionally fall down if trying to parry a heavy weapon with a much lighter one. This would encourage the player to try and keep distance from the crazed berserks and to dodge the blows rather than parrying them the way you're currently able to do.

maybe, but until the strafing and general movement is faster in M&B ( i suppose giving everyone max athletics would work) , dodging constructively ( i.e not just running away, but sidestepping and similar moovement ) is very difficult. i think there should be an element of momentum as well, so that if someone swings a large rock-on-stick , they move slightly in that direction, as keeping your feet still while swinging big bits of metal/wood/plastic is kinda difficult.

Back
Top Bottom