What Happens If?

Users who are viewing this thread

Cro_Knight said:
M&B goes under and they just totally stop workin on it. what happens to the ppl who payed for the game
We keep playing a very fine Beta-that-is-almost-more-complete-and-stable-than-most-games-out-there.

We might get a bit sad that it will never get completed, but what the heck we payed 'nothing' for it in the first place.

Tarrak said:
We keep playing a very fine beta-that-is-almost-more-complete-and-stable-than-most-games-out-there.

We might get a bit sad that it will never get completed, but what the heck we payed 'nothing' for it in the first place.

And the wonderful community of "Modders" continues to use the excellent MODULE system to create new and exciting variants, and we rejoice that we have a really cool game that is like nothing else available today.. right?

*grin*

DE

Correcto! Then we take over the world!

Seriously though, if something happens to Armagan, the we can get one or more of our turkish memebers to get the code and stuff and our code people here then can finish the game.

*hopes nothing happens to Armagan*

oh and I meant to add..

Do everything in your power to make sure M&B does NOT fold...

What is in MY power you might ask??

BUY LICENSES...

Just my opinion...

*grin*

DE

Cro_Knight said:
M&B goes under and they just totally stop workin on it. what happens to the ppl who payed for the game

I agree that they SEEM to work more slowly than they used to; otherwise why don't we see those suggestions implemented!!!

But this is not the whole story. If you check their posts and interpret what they say you will realize that most of their effort is spent for re-designing some parts of the game so as to enable the ideas of mod people (at least this is what I observe). You may claim that this is not your problem and insist on asking for huge changes. But for those huge changes to become possible if code needs to be revised, we need to wait.

Personally I don't believe that they will stop developing M&B. After all they have a company and the company have liabilities and reputation. After spending years for developing this game they really need to go nuts to stop working; no need to say that they are aware possibly more than any one of us that this game have to continue.

So, feel comfortable about the future of the game and enjoy it! If they stop working on it, I will pay for your losses! :grin:

Work has most likely slowed down cause:

1: The recent move that they made

2: They have the module stuff as well as the game to work on which probably means 2x the work needed.

3: Now, I don't know whether they celebrate christmas or not, but considering a holiday is coming up, but if they do, then maybe that could have something to do with the slowdown as well.

In fairness, it's an awesome game already for the money you pay, even in vanilla mode. Then there's all the mods these crazy guys have made (and KEEP making), and the editors that let you fiddle yourself (ooer). I hadn't even thought about 3d modelling since I was forced into it in school, but since getting this damn game I've been having almost as much fun playing with Wings3d and making ott weapons and armour (and longboats!) for myself.

I have a sneaking suspicion that, no matter what happens with the 'official' game, this community is going to be knocking around for a good few years yet :smile:

Roach said:
In fairness, it's an awesome game already for the money you pay, even in vanilla mode.

I agree, we basically payed next to nothing for the game...so even if they stopped working on it right now, i'd be happy with the amount of play i got out of this..

Skyrage said:
2: They have the module stuff as well as the game to work on which probably means 2x the work needed.
Quite right. I've observed between versions where Armagan has converted things that were hard-coded previously over into the python script files, which requires a rewrite of the routines along with writing in code to handle some new script operations needed for them. Add to that all the other mod-related stuff he's been working on (like resource separation so mods can keep their models and textures separate), along with the new blood and the other features he's added, and I think he's moving at a pretty damn good pace.

My two cents.

Do you guys think that working on making it easier to mod the game will make it easier to actually make changes to the official version? If so, it could get finished a bit sooner because he worked on the mod system.

I paid 5x more for call of duty 2, and I still haven't finished it because I keep playing M&B instead. When I do finish it, I probably won't play it again, so that'll be 20 or so hours of entertainment. I've already gotten hundreds of hours out of M&B, so whatever happens, I got my money's worth.

Back
Top Bottom