The Last Days v2.4 (for .808) ---Next Release Date Unknown!

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Beelzebub said:
somehow one of gondor's lesser hosts got up to 350 soldiers, how the hell am I supposed to beat that when I start with a -10 tactical advantage??

I've not had a -10 tactical, but what I've taken to is retreating to one of the mountains, and letting the host follow me there. Lots of steep hills neutralise cavalry a lot, and a decent bow skill can pick off most of the 2 handed weapons from range, and then I only have to fight the shieldsmen when they come up to me. The hills also give me something to hide behind when the archers come out to play.

Since I fight in the hills by telling all my troops to hide at the start position anyway, this doesn't actually disadvantage me all that much, even when outnumbered 6 to 1.

Ulf

Well the -10 was when I just tried to fight it alone, if I could get it to attack one of 120 or so sized allied lesser hosts in the area that should cut down the disadvantage, still it's gonna take hours lol.

You might try ordering your own host into the area and try to get them fighting. If you join the fight you will then have a very large reinforcement pool.... if you can stay alive. Also, if you kill the leader, your odds will improve as they have large tactics scores.

I installed a fresh 0.711 and The Last Days 1.3 but for some reason it crashes most of the time when I try and create a new character. Then if I do manage to create one, it crashes the first battle I enter.

Has anyone else the same problem or a fix?

Kääpäk said:
I don't know if this is already asked, but is there any way to make orc faces playable?

Sorry about spamming but I would really like to hear a answer for this. What's the point in LORT mod if you can't be orc?

Sorry about spamming but I would really like to hear a answer for this. What's the point in LORT mod if you can't be orc?

Tolkien would probably say the "point" is to destroy them. :wink: Haha.

I think awhile back in the thread AW mentioned there's a problem when it comes to using the Undead (Orc) face on a character. I'm not sure though, and I'm not going to run through 70-something pages to check to see if I'm right.. haha.

does anyone know of rank tree for the soldiers?

Yeah.

I'll write one up later if someone doesn't cover it first.

Anyone know what the special item beregond's horn does? Just bought it and didn't notice any stat changes, nor can i equip it.

*edit: nevermind, it just took a second to kick in. +2 leadership, huzzah!

I think it's pretty nice to play a human girl with mad skills who fights for Saruman and commands hordes of Uruk-Hai.

I personally wouldn't play as an orc so often because they, meh, dunno

Have to just say, that the best mod so far, having a blast playing it. Would be nice to get a possibility to play as a orc or uruk-hai. Good work!!

Not to be a pest but could post the removal of fetching quests for Mordor instructions AW? Dying to start my Haradric Axeman... and if you could also throw in how to reset the first lvl recruitable heros to lvl 6 or lvl 1 (something to be able to customize him more) I would be even more happy :smile: :0 :grin: (although the quest removal is the important one)

You will be able to eventually, just not at the moment. The current orc faces/bodies are undead models, not player models.

What do i do if i lost beregond's horn?
Is it possible to get it back?

Na, its gone.

Not to be a pest but could post the removal of fetching quests for Mordor instructions AW? Dying to start my Haradric Axeman... and if you could also throw in how to reset the first lvl recruitable heros to lvl 6 or lvl 1 (something to be able to customize him more) I would be even more happy :0 (although the quest removal is the important one)

Ill try to look up the txt lines later if you really dont want to fetch anymore but the character stuff is easy. They are level 10, look at troops.txt for their name and find a 10 in the first couple of lines. EIther that or use the unofficial editor and change anything you like character wise.

Playing a Rohan character, i've got the two faction npcs in my party, plus the ranger dude from Gondor.
Is there a way i can get the Gondor lieutenent?
I guess not, as i can't get missions from Gondor...
I'd like to have only heroes on my party (as in mag 7), but 3 guys is kind of short.

Gloves of the goblin king? I thought king my ass what do they do? They should have a script that tells what they do.

There is one, you just dont see it until you wear them and enter the worldmap. There are so few items I figured it wouldnt be very long before it was all common knowledge. When there are more Ill have the lords describe them before you select them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom