SP Modern Mauser!

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks, but theres gonna be a delay on the next release, I've got a Lorica I'm assembling out in my shop, all thats left to do is attach the leathers and bodyform it so it shouldn't take too long, but I've got about 126 rivets to set.

sooch90 said:
hey wonderland, sorry about that. I dunno what got into me. I think I was just so happy to see a world war 2 mod developing and I felt that feeling of "haha, I called it". I wasn't trying to take credit at all. Sorry about that man.

Hey just out of curiousity? Did he add any new sounds yet?

Well, there you go then, a happy ending :smile: . Appreciate it.

And about the sounds not working, I'd suggest making a copy of the M&B folder and installing into that if you're not running too low on memory space. If not, try re-installing M&B and then the mod. Or if someone could upload and post up the Sounds folder, maybe that's what you need if something went wrong with that during installation.

-edit-

Nevermind!

well raptor said it's because the latest version didn't have the sound with it. So if someone could upload the sounds folder that would be great! thanks

I love your work raptor, I would love it if you could make a Musket in the same way. i dont know how possible this would be please reply

Heres the latest:

WWII Mod Version 3 Download

Changes:
Added Lee-Enfield No.4 MK1 with Spike Bayonet
Added Fairbairn-Sykes Combat Dagger
Added US M3 Combat Knife
Added Bayonet-less versions of all rifles (See below for details)
Added an unattached Mauser Bayonet
Added British troops
Added a MK1 Helmet
New shot report sound
New battle sound

On bayonets:
Only loaded rifles have non-bayonet versions, you can tell the difference between one that has a bayonet and one that doesn't by the name. If it has a bayonet it'll have a name like 'fixed loaded m1 garand', if it doesn't it'll say 'loaded m1 garand'. All the melee rifles have bayonets no matter what.

On the new Combat knives:
These have no parry, but are very fast and do alot of damage, especially the Fairbairn, the best way to use them is to bait the enemy into swinging at you and then rushing in to stab them.

Hey, it's just an idea, but wouldn't it make sense to make all the shooting rifles have no bayonets, and restrict them to the melee rifles? Then you could carry both in your inventory, and switch between them as a means of 'fixing bayonets'. You wouldn't want an underslung bayonet on your rifle if you had to fire it, anyway, because it severely degrades accuracy. To say nothing of bayonets that you're supposed to put inside the barrel...

Portentously,
Winter

Its a matter of preference, if you wanna shoot with a bayonet attached just to look good, go ahead, if you want a bare rifle, thats good too. As for bayonets degrading accuracy, some probably did, but these don't, atleast not for me. The only difference I've noticed when I go shooting with bayonets fixed is you have to aim and shoot quicker because of the extra weight, which starts to wear ya down after awhile, especially with the Japanese and US M1910 bayonets, which are REALLY long...

Wow another update! maybe you should do like ancientwanker and say when youre updating on the thread title. great work anyway, keep it up

Excellent, wonderful. The new additions are great. My only gripe is still the arrow bags being visible. I know you said you had a way so that it didn't show, will you be releasing that in the next version, or sooner?

Sexmex.

I'm loving this mod right now. Just playing till now. I got myself a British officer (Marnid), a German officer (Borcha), 12 U.S. GI's, 12 British soldiers and 12 Wehmacht soldiers. I myself am a U.S. officer.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am equipped with an M1 helmet, a leather vest, leather gloves and wrapping boots.

Major John
I am currently armed with an M1 Garand rifle with two sets of bullets and an M3 knife. However, I do have a complete set of all the weapons ready along with a vast stockpile of uniforms for the officers and myself.

Major John in the field

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lieutenant Marnid is equipped with an MK1 helmet, linen tunic, leather gloves and wrapping boots.

Lieutenant Marnid
He is armed with a Lee Enfield No. 4 with two sets of bullets and a fixed bayonet for close-quarters combat.

Lieutenant Marnid in the field

Oberleutnant Borcha is equipped with a Stalhelm, linen tunic, leather gloves and wrapping boots.

Oberleutnant Borcha

He is armed with a Mauser Karbiner 98k with two sets of bullets and a fixed bayonet for close-quarters combat.

Oberleutnant Borcha in the field

Each officer commands a platoon of twelve soldiers from their respective nation. I, however, do retain a higher authority than the two supporting officers, therefore I overlook the entire company.

Zero Company

Together, these 39 men have wreaked havoc on the nations of Caladria, massacring countless thousands of inhabitants, without discrimination.

might wanna adjust the scale on the rifles in the next version too if that's possible.

scaleissue9mc.jpg

Also, Merry Christmas

how do we know the one on the right isnt a giant?

don't you mean the one on the left? Or maybe the one on the right is a super midget! and the mountain behind him is also very small... btw love the mod!

edit: sorry okiN I didn't see your post

edit2: I am having problems installing the latest version for 7.11 I put it in modules and it doesn't show up on the list of mods... not too sure what to do. I'd appreciate help thx :cry:

Well, heres a comparison picture of me holding my Kar98k.
http://www.modelsource65.com/files/other/Mauser.JPG

The other picture just doesn't look right to me, the Mauser 98k is a Carbine, but its bigger than that, I think the guy in that picture is one of those exceptionally tall GIs.

Looks to me that the two pictures (You and the GI) match up pretty well. He's just holding his gun out more to the left and he doesn't have a bayo on his garand. The in-game rifle is too big, there's no denying it. The muzzle of the kar goes up much higher than your bayonet IRL whereas the rifle stock seems to be a little lower. You ought to scale the rifles down a bit.

Are the sounds self contained in the mod folder this time? i tried the mod b4 and it messed the sounds for my other mods.. guns going off when ppl use bows and stuff hehe :???:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom