The Last Days v2.4 (for .808) ---Next Release Date Unknown!

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've noticed a small bug while playing on the side of Mordor. If you talk to the Dunlending chief after the war starts and ask ask how it's going, his reply has empty spots where it should say "strong". Quote: "The warriors of Dunland are while the forces of those straw-heads in Rohan are . More than that I do not care to know or say!"
The Isengard leaders give a correct account though, saying each faction is strong.

The second bug I think is one with the vanilla code and not with your mod specifically. I asked the merchant at the Uruk-Hai Outpost for a quest, and he said there was none available. I talked to him again, and the dialog option "About that quest you offered me..." was available. I selected it, and it gave me dialog for the kidnapped girl quest, but for a ransom of 0 denars and some other screwy stuff. I saved, then accepted the quest out of curiousity. The quest info had my party as being the town to return to, and my character's name as the quest giver.
Again, i think it may be a bug with the vanilla quest, but I figured I'd let you know either way.

The other issue is with the Hornburg map icon; the wall going out to the side has a large gap in terrain underneath it (looks like you could go right under it). The terrain needs to be raised a little. I think I remember this being in the screenshot of it from a few pages back as well. Just a bit of a visual oddity. :smile:

Other than those, I haven't had any problems or noticed a single thing really out of place. Again, congrats on this one. :grin:

Thanks for all the comments.

Paradox did a good job on those helmets. I darkened them from the original and you lose some texture detail being so dark but that can be adjusted by the professor later.

Yeah, I saw Edoras was slightly misaligned after I played with the terrain but I was happy just to put it out and get a break, heh. Ill adjust that and Hornburg.

There seems to be some problem with merchant quests, maybe even multiple problems, Ill look at that tonight and fix any other small bugs that popped up.

Ill fix the dunlending "war status" dialogue.

Never saw a Linhir crash but Ill check it out.

The new Rohan shield with the metal plating does have a few more hitpoints than the old one. For the next large update, Ill throw both shields in to give rohan more shield diversity.

Adding more cities should be easier than I though AI wise as long as I insert them in within the previous ranges. I just didnt want to risk causing major problems before putting it out. Ill put in another Isengard place and possibly a few other places on the map later.

Oh, and no, I didnt increase the rain, I dont even think there is an operation code for it, though it would be nice. Sometimes it just rains alot.

When you include both Rohan shields, could you make it so that they are used only be specific units? As in, maybe only the elite troops will use one of them, and the other will be more accessible by lesser units and so on.

Small issue: The orc hero you can recruit in Moradan starts out with a falchion, requires 8 STR but he's only got 5. so he basically starts weaponless.

Or just trade with him to give him a weapon he can use.
I actually noticed this myself but promptly gave him another scavenged sword and forgot about the issue until I just saw this here. Except in my game I'm pretty sure he started with 6 or 7 strength in my game, though he's leveled up since and I've increased it.
He sure starts with decent weapon proficiencies, all over 100, and starts as level 10. Starts out as a fairly tough bugger. Decent equipment too (other than the unequippable falchion of course). I'm waiting to get up enough influence in the game now to get Isengard's NPC hero to join me.

You know, a troop tree sure would be nice. Honestly though, I wouldn't expect you to bother with it when you've got so many other things to focus on for the mod.
I'm trying to figure out now whether I should upgrade my uruks of mordor to large uruks or uruk slayers, since I want archer units. About to fire up the unofficial editor to find out which path to take with 'em. :smile:

Apparently it does go that way for Isengard, but not Mordor. Blast, I shoud have gone with the mordor "orc" branch rather than "uruk" branch. Oh well, I'll keep these as good melee asskickers and get some fresh recruits to turn into mordor orc archers. :smile:

EDIT: Hmm, Fell Uruk Slayers look like a nice end rank for them. So it shall be.

Damn, you're right, their archery isn't that good. Guess I'll go recruit from Isengard's impressionable young snaga to turn into uruk-hai archers. :lol:

Blackish_sheep said:
rawr, right maybe i should try the new version of this, but you and winters mods are so adictive :sad:
Yep, it's top notch stuff. It's got me hooked for sure. :smile:

I've already had my fill of my mod for now from playtesting it so much, and I'm waiting on the next release of Storymod before I continue with it; it's looking quite promising and I like what I saw from the first run I tried back at 0.1 of it.
I want to try a couple other mods which have been just released, but the Last Days has me too thoroughly hooked for now.

From what I can tell, 95%+ of the bugs in the last release of this mod have been fixed, and it's definitely got some nice new features as well with the new equipment and heroes.

Great mod!
Can't wait for more models and textures.
The only thing that I noticed was that the corsairs should have darker skin IMO.
Again, great work to all people who has worked on it:smile:

Just played this mod, and my impression is that is really hard! There is no "bonus cash and lvl" as in normal M&B at beginning, and I didn't see any "hero" as our beloved Borcha :???: Goblins are a lot harder than river pirates too :sad:

Yeah, it's definitely tougher than vanilla to get started. Especially if you play as Isengard. :razz:
To get heroes, visit the capital city of your faction and you'll see two more guys in the room with the head guy. One is a recruitable hero, the other I'm not sure of the purpose. I've seen this playing as Mordor and visiting Mordor and Isengard capitals, though I haven't played as Gondor or Rohan where I could check them. Same deal I'm sure. Playing as Mordor, I think the Mordor hero joined for free, but the allied Isengard hero is offering to join for 10 faction points (haven't been back there yet).

EDIT: Mordor hero is in Morannon, which I assume is therefore the capital.

EDIT 2: The mountain goblins are in the northern forest (Fangorn), though with limited visibility in forests they can be hard to locate. They'll venture out occasionally.

Ok, ill add str requirments to the list. I think more things have str prerequisites than they used to so I might have a .632 mentality.

I havent posted a troop tree as its still a little fluid. For the next update Ill have a better idea of whats going to stay what so Ill post a tree for each faction.

great mod !!!!! but when can i get to the bigger size battle?
i have played 5hours on the game but always meet the scout ??

What's the diff between Mordor orcs and uruks besides orcs archer option? Are there any upgrade tree or statistical differences?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom