• not that great

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • it sucks......a lot.....

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Users who are viewing this thread

31Skiffy13

if its possible at all, i'm no genius at modding or anythin', but is it possible to make a pirate mod, with the navy, ports, boats, merchants, pirates(duh), with the clothes that go with them, and old flint lock pistols and muskets and such weapons? also with trade routes, and when you go into a battle on a boat, you go into the battle with your boat point in the directions from on the map and you can move the boats? able to break holes into the boats, sink them, fire cannons, swing on ropes, duel, and make poeple walk the plank? be able to pick what class you want, like pirates, navy, etc, and you need food AND water, and you can get drunk, take the boats to make a fleet, and have a ranking system, like captain to commodore, pirate to er... uber pirate!? thats all i can think of for now, but tell what is possible, what isn't and add what you want.

acording to the poll so far, people like it, are indifferent or abso;utly hate it.

anyway personally I would like to see it but I know that that is impossible with the M&B engine as of the writing.

It's just a mod. Superb for those who want it, and those who don't can simply go find another mod. No skin off their noses.

Avast, ye swabs! Arrrr!

Sir Huggles said:
I'd like a pirate mod if it was possible, but even more i'd like to see a knights vs samurai mod.

Ah, the eternal question. Will this be the same as the rapier vs. katana mod? :razz: I would be all in favour of such a mod, though. Hardly historical or academical, but great fun nevertheless :smile:

It would require a lot of work from whoever made it, but I do think it's a good idea simply because its DIFFERENT. Most of the existing mods are fairly similar to eachother, and to an unmodded M&B as well. It would be nice to play something that felt quite a bit different.

pirates=cool
pirates in M&B - possible
a pirate environment, ie open seas - likely not possible on M&B engine at this point. Maybe with alot of work.
Naval combat with moving ships and destruction - Aint gonna happen buddy -with a capital 'A'.

If we could get parties to travel in the water, and use a nice ship icon when doing so, I have an idea about creating naval combat. Simply, the battlefield would be all water except for the two side by side ship models which each side spawn on. It would get the job done. Only problem would be the fact that the battlefield is surrounded by hills. :lol:

Anyway, I aint doing it. But a passable mod could be made if someone could get the parties onto water.

Lemonfield said:
Only problem would be the fact that the battlefield is surrounded by hills. :lol:
Turn the hills blue and you have instant choppy seas! Unmoving seas, granted, but it would work with the current engine.

Gnotobiotically,
Winter

well, thnx for the comments people, if i could mod, i'd try to put a team together, and maybe even pay them. but, sadly i can't, so this is a thing that will be left for a long time most likely. but i got hl2 mods to play while i wait. and, if you guys ever have the time, can you make me some pirate models, or just one pirate model, just do i have somethin' to gon?

Winter is right, you could do it that way, in fact boats for use on the actual ocean are already implemented in M&B as well, just they aren't used. Ever noticed the boat tag for parties? I haven't tested what terrain is used for a boat encounter, but I have tested making the main party a boat and placing them in the ocean. You can sail around on it, and I'm guessing NPCs could too. If you made a nice ship or 2 with gangplanks between them for the battle map and raised the water level you could have ship to ship battles on them.

The only thing that I do not think is possible is changing from boat - land in game, since you cant change the boat tag via scripts, or move the party onto the land.

I don't think naval combat is possible at the moment. As far as I know, the AI is hardcoded, and isn't afraid of water. They would walk the plank and get eaten by sharks as soon as the game starts.

Thorgrim said:
The only thing that I do not think is possible is changing from boat - land in game, since you cant change the boat tag via scripts, or move the party onto the land.
The obvious solution: WATERWORLD mod!

Ingeniously,
Winter

The Pope said:
I don't think naval combat is possible at the moment. As far as I know, the AI is hardcoded, and isn't afraid of water. They would walk the plank and get eaten by sharks as soon as the game starts.

it'll be hilarious, someone make it :p

im not sure if this is possible but my idea on how u could make it work is as follows: you could create an impenatrable barrier at the sea shores edge and change the sea into a piece of terrain with battle scenes of boarding ships. The ship could be equiped like a horse and you could only equip it in towns at river side/sea shore, once the boat or ship is equiped you will be teleported outside the barrier just outside the sea shore barrier so you would be able to move, im not sure how you would get back on the shore....perhaps a city on one side and a port(would be the same looking on the world map probs) on the other and when you went to the port it would take you to the normal town ect...

just my thoughts on the only way i can think of.

Plus i didnt get to vote and i wanna be a frubing pirate

Back
Top Bottom