Put the player as a simple party's member...??

Users who are viewing this thread

Final idea is to permit player to be a simple soldier (or prisonner) in a AI party...

Don't think that will be a problem on battlefield,
but on over-world, that is another stuff... :roll:
Player action must be shut-down,
pre-battle dialog-box disable (automatised should work fine).

But I 'm not sure that player can belong another party...
If it 's confirmed, maybe is it possible to just add some modification at the player party, like name/stack adjust/wage & food disable/or so...

If someone have concrete information...? :eek:)

A wild guess is that it's against the game engine... Well if nothing is, after all these map editors etc. we've been recieving.

I think the player's party (which could consist of the player only) could be forced to follow the other party, though they would have to have equal speeds.

Then again, to actually make playing as a member of another party interesting, we would have to implement hunting, camping and marching in a scene instead of the map. And proper AI commanders. And formations. Imagine being prisoner in such a map, and even getting sold to the slaver! :grin:

Dynamite_cow said:
Imagine being prisoner in such a map, and even getting sold to the slaver! :grin:

It 's what I imagine, on part... yes :wink:
After more research in pythons file,
I understand that "player" is Main_party, and so have some parameter that render my thinks unable to do.

"Forcing" player_party is possible,
fix his speed with another party too.
But about "block" the player control during the travel... I 'm not sure.

well it might be good for if you lose a battle, you could be taken as a slave, sold, but where would it go from there?

I'd guess if you don't start as the "HERO" it would be interesting if you'd fall often in battles until you became better, become a hero. maybe start the game with you in a war scale battle, then start the adventure after the battle is over...

The first objective is to be able to join a party at simple soldier,
that open new character_progression perspective.
Become a "slave" was for fun,
but can be nice in a scenari. :eek:)

I had the hope to do that like a "quest",
not a Global modification... ^^

Back
Top Bottom