Fishing Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

:lol:
But I'm glad I do, too. I've lived in an archipelago all my life, I don't think I could spend more than a few weeks at a time inland or in a major city. It just feels wrong. And I'm deathly afraid of large bodies of water. :lol:

Fishing is terrible. It's the getting away from everyone that's good.

Also animal spotting, and feeding the moorhen chicks so they accept me as a second mother to them.

Caught some small wight catfish today, did not keep any though it was private land and I don't know what rules the farmer was going with. Fun to get out there anyway

Had a pretty good day fishing crappie.
yJIaw.jpg

Yeah, it was between me, my dad, and his friend but we all caught about the same amount to throw on there. We're going back there tomorrow to try and double it. :razz: Also not pictured is the gar that got on the catfish pole my dad's friend had out. Big, mean, mother ****er.

Nice. Crappie are pretty good eating in my experience, never had alligator gar though, I wonder how they would taste

Man, I miss fishing. I'd like to pick it up again, but the only good fishing around here is fly and I have no experience with that. Every summer as a kid I'd do catch and release, since otherwise I would have felt morally responsible for the death of the fish that I caught (although I had no qualms about killing, gutting, cooking or eating fish that other people caught, since that death was on their shoulders  :razz:). Now that I'm a bit older, maybe I'll finally be able to keep my catch.

The surprising thing about fly fishing is it only takes a few hours to learn. It takes the rest of your life to be any good at it though.

How is torturing a fish until its little heart is about to explode and then releasing it back into the water with a hole in its mouth and with a jaw that is at least badly bruised more merciful than killing it and ending its suffering by letting it suffocate?

Fish that I catch myself always tastes better for some reason.

I think it's because you spent that time. You went to that little middle of nowhere. You put your line in the water, and then you work against him, losing bait and patience and energy as you wonder whether it will be worth it in the end.

And then you bring back your catch, hungry. So ready to eat it. You cook it and slather it in however much spice and butter you like.
It just tastes better.

a fishing thread with only 1 picture of fish!! :smile:
Oh well...
Me and some of my friends caught these in yesterday. Much better luck then 2 years ago when i didn't get a bite in 3 days of fishing!  :???:
Sizes- 14-28"
xSfdgo2.jpg
Kdp7RYh.jpg

Bluefish are making their runs of our beaches and inlets now, one of my favorite fish to catch. A few hours casting bar spoons will give you none stop action right now. Only problem with them is that they never quite the fight, they thrash around like mad when you land them. And a bad way to end a good day is having one bite you wile there flopping about.

S =b1.2345x

Where s is the size of the fish, b is the number of times you've told the story, x is the amount of time since you caught the fish.

There is too many rainbow fishes in the town's rivers so the city council has asked the population to fish. We also got free fishing license for the time being.  :razz:

Back
Top Bottom