Fishing Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Rokker

Knight
A thread for fishermen and other assorted liars.
Come chat about fishing or fishing related stuff, perhaps reports on trips or showing off the pic of the monster you never caught.

fish are well known to be lawless arsonists and heretics, you can read about it in my book, "Fish cults of the Atlantic". think about it, who would gain from summoning Cthulhu from his slumber?

I hate fishkind because there different from humans. I hate them so much, i use there inherit moral sins of greed and stupidity to purge them from the local water. This thread is a place were we can come together and share our hatred for fish.

TheFlyingFishy said:
And also the place in which the Rebellion was born. You will be the first to per(f)ish...
2900995.jpg

I used to walk down to the breakwater at a nearby lake and catch perch with some line wrapped around a stick. I've tried using rods on many occasions but have never caught anything. Sticks 4 lyfe, my spirit animal is probably the harpoon

I do a bit of hobby fishing every summer. Catch some carp, sturgeon and an eel every now and then. It's relaxing and fun. Fishing at night by your own-built fire is incredibly cozy too. :razz:

Ruthven said:
I used to walk down to the breakwater at a nearby lake and catch perch with some line wrapped around a stick. I've tried using rods on many occasions but have never caught anything. Sticks 4 lyfe, my spirit animal is probably the harpoon
Down were i live, the bamboo pole is a useful tool. (people grow it in there yards, i collect it when they cut it down) Down by the sea, its king at nabbing the spot that live under all the piers, witch we use for bait for striped bass. Or at low tide, with a few inches of line at the end, you snake it under the rocks of jetties to catch totog or bergalls that would otherwise be unfishable, living under 4 feet of rocks.
Venerable F. Sheep said:
I do a bit of hobby fishing every summer. Catch some carp, sturgeon and an eel every now and then. It's relaxing and fun. Fishing at night by your own-built fire is incredibly cozy too. :razz:
Its always fun to do a night of fishing, personally i ditch the cozy and head onto big party boats in the middle of winter for night fishing trips 30 miles out. The fun thing about party boats is that you meet all sorts of cool dudes, old knuckley men, and the big guys who just give you a gap toothed grin are the most common. Every race under the sun to, a fishing boat is the most ethnically diverse place on the planet, everyone united on cold winter days to ride out waves and fish, its great.

TheFlyingFishy said:
Cthulhu is a speciesist monster invented by sick minds to ensure that future generations of humans will grow up to hate Fishkind.

Lovecraft was a pretty vocal critic of fish-human miscegenation. Some say it was a metaphor for something more mundane, but I'm pretty sure it was meant literally. Fish ****ers must be exposed and humiliated wherever they dwell. No Amphibian America!

I'd go fishing if only fishes tasted good.

Fishes are one of the rare meat that i find disgusting.
It also smell like ****, literally.

I'm glad i don't live near the coast.

I love fishing, but my grandfather hasn't taken me in many, many years. Not that I'd go now, anyways. Way too afraid to get in a car driven by that man, especially one hauling a boat. Don't know how to line a rod or anything at all involving the technical manner, though. It was only about a year ago that I even managed to touch fish, because I always thought they were icky and slimy. Used to fish in the creek behind my house, but it got devastated by a massive drought about 10 years ago. Not that I would now, anyway. I don't like the idea of fishing in little places without many fish; it just seems unfair to the fish.

There is absolutely nothing I've found that equals sitting in a gently rocking boat on a hot day in the middle of a lake watching deer walk around on the bank and eating snack food out of a cooler with a line floating across the water. Wow, I just made myself pretty sad. I want to go fishing again  :cry:

Back
Top Bottom