My computer has become very ****ing weird.

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

b00227783

Sergeant Knight at Arms
So I was downloading Empire Total War from Steam, after the download, I opened and played it for about half an hour. Upon coming out of it, I noticed that spotify, teamspeak etc. were missing their icons on the desktop. I then tried to run them and it said they were missing files. Thinking nothing of it, and it being 2am in the morning, I went to bed.

Then my dad couldn't get on his emails or anything. Everything shuts down within 1 second of opening it, and some plain refuse to start like my spotify and teamspeak did. IE(He uses it) just comes up with nothing, completely blanks the screen. Chrome works fine.

Sounds like a Virus to me, but we've tried our anti virus, scanners etc. nothing is coming up.

Anyone got any ideas whats wrong? Did my download bork it out somehow?

Maboobs said:
So I was downloading Empire Total War from Steam, after the download, I opened and played it for about half an hour. Upon coming out of it, I noticed that spotify, teamspeak etc. were missing their icons on the desktop. I then tried to run them and it said they were missing files. Thinking nothing of it, and it being 2am in the morning, I went to bed.

Then my dad couldn't get on his emails or anything. Everything shuts down within 1 second of opening it, and some plain refuse to start like my spotify and teamspeak did. IE(He uses it) just comes up with nothing, completely blanks the screen. Chrome works fine.

Sounds like a Virus to me, but we've tried our anti virus, scanners etc. nothing is coming up.

Anyone got any ideas whats wrong? Did my download bork it out somehow?

Similar things happened to my computer but it happened a month after my antivirus caught some viruses and deleted them. If there is a problem with your computer best action to take is to backup, remove your extra harddrives and reinstall your OS.

I don't think downloading a game from Steam would do something like that unless the game installed some weird third party programs. Empire Total War does not download such things.

Reinstall the operating system from the backup disk or a Windows 7 disk.

Alternatively you can install the Windows 7 iso onto a flashdrive using a thing from Microsoft: http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msusa/html/pbPage.Help_Win7_usbdvd_dwnTool then using your motherboard options boot into the flash drive for the install procedure.

Kevlar said:
Or be a man and just reinstall teamspeak and spotify.

I had tried that, it wouldn't let me.

Well it turns out it was a Virus, we reset the computer to factory settings.

Fixed, and gonna lock it now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom