"Official The Deluge Organized Warfare" Saturday at 20:00 (CEST)!

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today mandatory meeting leaders of clans on TS'ie: 178.19.110.162:9977 at 19:30 GMT+1!

All clans must have its own TS during the event!

Next week it will be better organized, we'll make a separate TS room for English speaking randoms, so it will not be quite as chaotic as today.
Also, we'll most likely limit the amount o cavalrymen, as there was a little too many of them.

We'll do that too. For now, we though about around 2600 gold.
And possibly, next time we'll make a Sweden vs Poland + Cossacks battle. When I think about it, it amuses me that we almost never use such a great feature of having 2 vs 2 battles. :grin:

Standard in the Deluge is 1700. For that you most likely can buy just one good musket, good saber and maybe some better clothes. Not much more.
Hussar equipment is somewhat expensive, and as probably everyone will go for the best Estock and horse, they may run out of money for a better armor.
But will think about it some more.

Btw. To those disappointed. It would be nice if you said what exactly was disappointing. We know that it was not perfect, but knowing which part was bad would help us improve. :wink:

I'm reluctant to pull this card but I guess I'm going to have to.
There was absolutely no attempt by any of the organisers to distribute the required information in English. Whilst I respect the fact that the absolute majority of the Deluge players are Polish, there is still a substantial contingent of European players whose only shared language is English. The plethora of Polish chat-spam in game gave little reason to actively care about what was being said.

Monetary limit was set ridiculously high. Polish Hussars are, quite simply, over-powered when properly equipped. It's possible to shoot a Hussar with the musket and he will not fall. The limit also applies for cavalry numbers on either side; again, there were far too many men on horse and little emphasis on the pike and shotte that is synonymous with the 17th.C.

The event felt poorly organised as a whole, it was a largely unpleasant experience and one I (nor the Lucky Dogs) wish to replicate again. We've long been ardent supporters of the Deluge; I would hate for these events to sour that taste. Hopefully the organisers will buck up their ideas in the next week coming.

This last event was supposed to be held with a little bit of freedom. No single commander for whole armies, this is why clans did not get any orders. You were free to do as you saw fit.
And there were orders in English, but only for random players. I know this for sure, as for the most part, I was the one issuing/translating them.

As far as I know, next week it will be different, there will be a commander for each side and he'll issue orders to his soldiers/commanders of units who will forward them further down the chain.

But thank you for your feedback. It always helps to know what exactly is wrong. It's easier to improve when you know where the improvement is needed.

Yes, having separate English and Polish public hosts will improve the public player experience greatly, although I personally liked the event, probably because it was my first Deluge event.

Most of the EU pubbers that I brought were lagging too bad to play effectively, although strangely i didn't lag as an NA player. Probably not much to be done about that, their computers and/or internet just prolly weren't good enough to handle over 100 players, especially with so much cav...

Frankly, I had terrible lag issues too, but only in the very beginning. After I turned off the game and came back I didn't have any lags anymore.

A little bit of news concerning the battles, please visit our website.
Another battle next Saturday! New Rules!

Another "The Deluge Organized Warfare" battle will be held next Saturday. This time Polish-Lithuanian commonwealth supported by Cossacks will stand against hungry for riches Sweden. We have also made some changes to the rules. It's good to know them!

We've made a black list of players who due to their behaviour will not be allowed to take part in next battles. We hope, that it will not get too long!
    Starting next battle, 4 team kills during the event will mean an automatic, one hour long ban, together with possibility of a permanent ban.
    Starting next battle, players' funds will be limited to 2300 gold.
    We're introducing a limit on the strongest units, such as Winged Hussars and Sipahis. (Max 10 players per side)
    We'll generally limit the amount of cavalry in comparison to infantry.
    Starting next battle, we'll be playing under orders of commanders. Because of this, all clans will have to come to a specific TS server. (Although you can just choose a leader who will simply forward the orders)
    We'll form two separate units for Polish and English speaking random players with separate TeamSpeak channels.
    We're introducing a somewhat loose ban on writing on chat during the events. We'd like to ask clan leaders to look after their clanmates. We want the chat to be nice and tidy without unneeded pop-ups.

Such a great news :wink: I'm looking forward for this, then :wink: Rules now are much much more friendly for non-polish players :wink:

btw.

Few screenshots from event made by KiS clan, enjoy :wink:

lxie.jpg
xhjc.jpg
qtb2.jpg
aq92.jpg
0r7u.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom