Illustrations of Ottomans circa 1790 from 'Costumes Turcs'

Users who are viewing this thread

Druzhina

Sergeant Knight at Arms
Illustrations of Ottomans circa 1790 from 'Costumes Turcs', an album previously owned by Heinrich Friedrich von Diez
including:
Kolluk Neferi: Yeniçeri, who guards the Grand Vizier in the encampment.
Çorbaçi, colonel of the Janissaries, in ceremonial costume.
Tulumbaci, a member of the Janissary fire brigade.
Kampanaci, mountebank.
Arnavut or Albanian.
Köscü, a drummer.
Nakareci, Mehter kettledrummer
Borucu, a trumpeter.
Black horse led (yedek) in state harness.
AN00346230_001_m.jpg

MIRROR SITE
Illustrations of Ottomans circa 1790 from 'Costumes Turcs', an album previously owned by Heinrich Friedrich von Diez

Druzhina
Illustrations of Costume & Soldiers

Do you have a higher resolution version of this illustration from the Vinkhuijzen collection depicting an 1810 review of the army by Mahmud II? Google's reverse image search only brings me 660×373 at the largest.

cache_17503758.jpg

It's the focus of a passage on Ottoman-Uniforms.com, where the figures are isolated and annotated, so it would be great to have a better view of the original.

EDIT: Nevermind, I was having trouble because that's a composite of multiple fragments. Larger versions of the constituent parts can be found here.

Docm30 said:
ejnomad said:
A new year, and still spamming the board.  :roll:

How is this spam? contemporary images are just about as good a historical source as there is.

Because this board is Historical Discussion and he's not adding to it he's clogging the front page with 15 threads of resource dumps for modders. If anything his threads should be over in the modding boards for modders not here kicking the actual threads about historical discussion to the second/third page.

And his topics earn him a total of 1 - 2 replies. So it's spam not a discussion topic.

Bluehawk said:
Do you have a higher resolution version of this illustration from the Vinkhuijzen collection depicting an 1810 review of the army by Mahmud II? Google's reverse image search only brings me 660×373 at the largest.

cache_17503758.jpg

It's the focus of a passage on Ottoman-Uniforms.com, where the figures are isolated and annotated, so it would be great to have a better view of the original.

EDIT: Nevermind, I was having trouble because that's a composite of multiple fragments. Larger versions of the constituent parts can be found here.

Yes, I commented on TMP that this image has been stitched together after Vinkhuizjen cut it into pieces.

Druzhina
Illustrations of Costume & Soldiers

Back
Top Bottom